• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm too mean to audiences; its a crapshoot, but sometimes they really can enhance a movie viewing. The Avengers for instance, saw that with a great crowd. Yamato wasn't there thankfully, cuz nobody likes him.

I had problems with TDKR, but I had a fantastic audience for that one, too. Midnight showing, you can tell they all had respect for the film. Dead quiet during the Alfred-Bruce break-up scene, excited by the action sequences, audibly gasped at the Talia name drop cuz they actually knew who Talia Al Ghul was, etc. Pretty fun experience.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I don't why people act like that shit is brand new. She always been about that life.

I don't even follow comics like that. I've only seen the cartoon films and the TV show. She was thorough in that one where she cut off ole boys head like two times. lol. WW doesn't have nearly as much exposure as Supes and Batman.

harSon

Banned
Sometimes an obnoxious talkative crowd is a great experience. In college, a theater near me used to have midnight showings of cult films, ranging from legitimate classics to complete jokes, and it would basically be a sold out room filled with wasted motherfuckers yelling shit at the screen. Horror movies in particular are fucking great in that type of environment.

Slayven

I don't even follow comics like that. I've only seen the cartoon films and the TV show. She was thorough in that one where she cut off ole boys head like two times. lol. WW doesn't have nearly as much exposure as Supes and Batman.

She is interesting, but in my opinion there are far more interesting DC female characters.

Slayven

That's cool. I can wiki them and go from there.

Katmai was John Stewart's first wife.

John5.jpg

His second wife Merayn Dethalis

Looks like he was.....colorstruck.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Some people just want to watch their own little world burn.

*deep breath*

Finding that high road... finding that motherfucking high road...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Problem is a lot of them don't get their own series. Donna troy, Powergirl, Katma Tui, Giganta in the Atom's series, Fire and Ice off the top of my head.
Pee Gee was probably my favorite

Honestly I never got into Titans stuff, because I figured I'd have to go through a lot of history just to catch up to who DC was killing that week.

Slayven

he took the whole "colored should stay with colored" too literal.
And he was such an asshole to his second wife.

Jesus, Slayven
Deal with it.

look at superdrake

"all you have to do is leave that life behind bae

bae y"
She caught shit for a whole year for that. Even thought she saved the world by snuffing the dude.

For real, WW has never had issues killing people.
They should do an AoA movie. AoA Nightcrawler would fuck people up. "But he was about Jesus, why is he teleporting heads off?"

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
They should do an AoA movie. AoA Nightcrawler would fuck people up. "But he was about Jesus, why is he teleporting heads off?"

it seems every other nightcrawler that isn't from 616, or isn't the father of nocturne turns out to be a dick.

Slayven

Didn't she slice his neck to buy herself time or something? It's been a while since I read the run-up to Infinite Crisis.

She did, Maxwell made him think he was fighting Doomsday.

it seems every other nightcrawler that isn't from 616, or isn't the father of nocturne turns out to be a dick.

Compensating for 616. Rememebr in Earth X they made him Belesco and Colossus into Mr.Sinster?

Pee Gee was probably my favorite

Honestly I never got into Titans stuff, because I figured I'd have to go through a lot of history just to catch up to who DC was killing that week.

My dude!

And he was such an asshole to his second wife.

He really was tho.

Didn't she slice his neck to buy herself time or something? It's been a while since I read the run-up to Infinite Crisis.

She slit his throat with her tiara and gave no fucks that she did it.

ReiGun

Wonder Woman, Steph Brown, Pee Gee, Zatanna, and Mera top DC women all day.

Shame they aren't in more shit outside of comics. Mera especially gets shafted. Only Brave and the Bold and Young Justice ever let her pop off, and only for an episode.

I'm watching the WWE with my dad. This is horrible. What happened to the fun in the matches? I feel like I am one step away from being on Viewtiful's level of nerdiness. Next thing you know I am going to be talking about ordering real dolls.

Slayven

I'm watching the WWE with my dad. This is horrible. What happened to the fun in the matches? I feel like I am one step away from being on Viewtiful's level of nerdiness. Next thing you know I am going to talking about ordering real dolls.

I gave up wrestling when Nitro died.

DominoKid

I'm watching the WWE with my dad. This is horrible. What happened to the fun in the matches? I feel like I am one step away from being on Viewtiful's level of nerdiness. Next thing you know I am going to talking about ordering real dolls.

Its definitely not as colorful as it used to be but they strike gold occasionally. WWE NXT on Hulu is better and its only an hour long.

went to see wolf on wall street with a friend today. there was one other dude in the theater, and he fell asleep at least once, so we were cuttin up the entire time

that movie was too funny, so good

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Wonder Woman, Steph Brown, Pee Gee, Zatanna, and Mera top DC women all day.

Shame they aren't in more shit outside of comics. Mera especially gets shafted. Only Brave and the Bold and Young Justice ever let her pop off, and only for an episode.

DC has a bunch of dope females that just get shafted. dudes too. hell if you aren't a legacy character you are fucked. if you would have told me that jason Todd would have gotten more shine than the ray when I was a kid, i would have thought that was crazy. I'm still pissed that the only yj female to do anything after graduation day is cissie. empress needed to shine

Onemic

went to see wolf on wall street with a friend today. there was one other dude in the theater, and he fell asleep at least once, so we were cuttin up the entire time

that movie was too funny, so good

Im probably gonna end up watching it on Blu Ray. Hopefully they add all the edited out content

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Okay so earlier today I'm FINALLY getting to take advantage of not being at work or getting my new place in order or just being flatout tired so I drive over to my old place to pick up the last few small items that I left there. My old roomies' car is gone (the wife is out shopping) but I knock on the door and the husband, a good friend, lets me in and we kick it for a while. Start to shoot the shit over some TV til the dogs in the backyard start going ballistic and we hear someone talking over them almost. I turn around and open the blinds but don't see anyone there. Could've been a kid. No big deal. Whatever. Talk a while longer then I get up to start moving my shit. My friend was washing dishes so he stays inside.

As soon as I open the door I notice this guy next door eying me down pretty hard. Think nothing of it though - its around 1:30 PM on Ft. Hood during the holidays. No one is in uniform right now. Cool. I keep it moving and get on taking my 2nd box.

This time dude is in the front lawn and he's walking towards me. "Hey fella, how you doing today? :D"
"Fine. Can I help you?"
"Its a ...pretty nice day don't you think?"
"Yeah."
And I'm still moving these boxes because I gives two fucks about a old white guy with nothing in his hands and pants with no pockets.

On my way back inside my friend drops everything he's doing and makes sure to help me with the next box.

"Jon. Chill."

"Oh.I was just about to beat an old country motherfucker's ass in the street wasn't I? Good looking out, man"

Two more trips and the guy comes up to us again and says "Now I remember you! You were at the Christmas party."

I just nodded and kept it moving.

I had been living at this house for nearly 8 months

Okay so earlier today I'm FINALLY getting to take advantage of not being at work or getting my new place in order or just being flatout tired so I drive over to my old place to pick up the last few small items that I left there. My old roomies' car is gone (the wife is out shopping) but I knock on the door and the husband, a good friend, lets me in and we kick it for a while. Start to shoot the shit over some TV til the dogs in the backyard start going ballistic and we hear someone talking over them almost. I turn around and open the blinds but don't see anyone there. Could've been a kid. No big deal. Whatever. Talk a while longer then I get up to start moving my shit. My friend was washing dishes so he stays inside.

As soon as I open the door I notice this guy next door eying me down pretty hard. Think nothing of it though - its around 1:30 PM on Ft. Hood during the holidays. No one is in uniform right now. Cool. I keep it moving and get on taking my 2nd box.

This time dude is in the front lawn and he's walking towards me. "Hey fella, how you doing today? :D"
"Fine. Can I help you?"
"Its a ...pretty nice day don't you think?"
"Yeah."
And I'm still moving these boxes because I gives two fucks about a old white guy with nothing in his hands and pants with no pockets.

On my way back inside my friend drops everything he's doing and makes sure to help me with the next box.

"Jon. Chill."

"Oh.I was just about to beat an old country motherfucker's ass in the street wasn't I? Good looking out, man"

Two more trips and the guy comes up to us again and says "Now I remember you! You were at the Christmas party."

I just nodded and kept it moving.

I had been living at this house for nearly 8 months

You can fight for your country, rep hard as fuck and still you will always be profiled.

All I can do is laugh to keep from crying. Pimp, you a better man then me. Really better then me.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You can fight for your country, rep hard as fuck and still you will always be profiled.

All I can do is laugh to keep from crying. Pimp, you a better man then me. Really better then me.

Oh, I am not that strong. If my friend hadn't just shown up I'd have stood my ground all over the curve then continued to pack my stuff. He may have called the cops but I damn sure wouldn't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom