• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakazato

Greetings.

Welcome to the BCT thread :D

If slay was here he would ask you....

Popeye or KFC

we have a few question in the OP so we can get yo know people. If you wanna do them :)

Programming. I'm the type to take a class in person so I feel you on that front, TD takes that stuff online. Smart fella.

wish i was smart :(

It just always feel like my mind is full of fuck and I can never think clearly :\ been like this since for a few years now :(

I have to ask this question black-gaf:

Tell the truth. Did anyone here get caught up in the whole light skin better than dark skin nonsense?

Im not gonna lie. I did. It was hard not to. I feel like it is something that parents pass on to their children coupled with western standards of beauty. I remember hating on a few light skin dudes with the straight hair. I am def way more comfortable with who i am now but it is hard not to get sucked into that mess. It really feel great when there is a good looking dark black dude getting the spotlight. It doesnt validate but i dunno. Kinda like seeing a dark black girl getting some shine.

Edit: another thing that bothers me is why many people it is so damn comedic to be from africa.

I know some girls were color struck back in HS. Shit was always weird to me but I'd be lying to say I didn't take advantage a few times. On the other hand I couldn't get traction with some other girls because they figured I was soft. It's all stupid to me. Also, my TI (Drill Sergeant) disliked me in part because I was light-skinned. Dude was a piece of work.

Stuff stuff stuff *dehumanizing stare* stuff stuff

Might wanna edit that.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
UlD0l.gif

ReiGun

So.... Justice League War

Just watched it. Probably my favorite of the JL movies. It was actually a lot better than the story it was based on. Scattered thoughts:

- I actually thought the GL trolling was funny.
I died when he got worked by Darkseid and the parademons.

- The SM/WW shipping was CW level shit. All it needed was this in the background.
Shout out to scorned Steve Trevor at the end. Walked off like "Fuck that nigga that you love so bad."

- WW was MVP/bae, but Flash deserves some credit. Dude had heart.

- Mid credits scene (I guess they're doing these like the Marvel things now):
So I guess Aquaman is getting his own movie. Cool.

caesar

Banned
I have to ask this question black-gaf:

Tell the truth. Did anyone here get caught up in the whole light skin better than dark skin nonsense?

Im not gonna lie. I did. It was hard not to. I feel like it is something that parents pass on to their children coupled with western standards of beauty. I remember hating on a few light skin dudes with the straight hair. I am def way more comfortable with who i am now but it is hard not to get sucked into that mess. It really feel great when there is a good looking dark black dude getting the spotlight. It doesnt validate but i dunno. Kinda like seeing a dark black girl getting some shine.

Edit: another thing that bothers me is why many people it is so damn comedic to be from africa.

Well, not exactly. I had major identity crisis when I was younger though, I'm very light skinned but I have curly hair. My mother's side is all white pretty much, my dad is black but the rest of his side is absent cos his pops did a runner when he was born. Black fathers smh amirite guys?
iawkz.png

Anyways yeah I wanted to be white for a bit, all cool with now though. Seems to have turned about pretty well for me.

FyreWulff

Damn. Right now I wish I could have the money to pay for everyone's dental work in the world. I honestly didn't realize how much my teeth being fucked up was screwing with my mood. With that mindfuck over I was able to talk to friends and do some self-criticism and start addressing my confidence issues.

Now I've reactivated my okcupid account, sending out a bunch of messages and just finished having a great conversation.

I also got randomly called an asshole after my first message to someone. :lol

DominoKid

Well JL:War is no Flashpoint. I mean, what is?
It's decent though. I'd put it on the lower end of the DC animated flicks I've seen (nearly all except the GL flicks) but it's watchable.
+ GL getting clowned endlessly. I liked his creations though.
+ WW's costume is awesome. Supes is cool too.
- Batgawd & WW voices. I can't decide which one i disliked more.
- Fresh off the boat WW is just weird.
- Cyborg's pops
shitting on his son's gridiron dreams.
- Cyborg
basically being a tech version of Clayface

they need to get some Shazam shit going. maybe a tv series. kids would love that shit.

She'll be the only one I've known of. We are the least likely to catch kidney stones, regardless. I wonder why, though.

Yeah I catch them every year and some change. But again im half Puerto Rican. But again the lord has blessed me with a double ureter on my right kidney so the pain is bad but I can still function. Got diagnosed with it the last time I had to get an CT scan.

This and the last movie basically made me commit to WW

So was it good? I keep hearing about it from you cats.

Did Morgan Freeman really say there should be no Black History Month?

Morgan Freeman could say half of all black people should be sent to Antarctica, and it would have the same effect. There is no and never was a postion called the African American Defacto Leader/Voice of the community. And if there was you would be damn sure it wouldn't be someone whose accomplishments are memorizing lines and having a soothing voice.

Well well well

Morgan Freeman could say half of all black people should be sent to Antarctica, and it would have the same effect. There is no and never was a postion called the African American Defacto Leader/Voice of the community. And if there was you would be damn sure it wouldn't be someone whose accomplishments are memorizing lines and having a soothing voice.

True. Still, it's all... ;_;

Was just discussing with my housemate why Black History Month is needed and whatnot. Went well.

We did end up concluding that an increase in rights for minorities is actually a loss of power for the majority, albeit a justified one.

Onemic

Its pie in the sky thinking without a major revision of curriculum on a national level.

Except that its essentially the ideal. Why would you forever want a bhm? Why would you not want it to get to the point where its completely integrated with american history as a whole? Where it isn't simply a side piece? Its pretty obvious what he means in the video, and its clearly not the same message of those who champion the ignore it and it to will go away mantra

Except that its essentially the ideal. Why would you forever want a bhm? Why would you not want it to get to the point where its completely integrated with american history as a whole? Where it isn't simply a side piece? Its pretty obvious what he means in the video, and its clearly not the same message of those who champion the ignore it and it to will go away mantra

The very next thing he says is that he won't refer to the interviewer as a white man and the interviewer shouldn't refer to him as a black man...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom