• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Scratching her a bit on her neck.

Yeah I think it's pretty funny btw this av landed Jaffe in the hotseat. Now it's even more awesome.

oh, OK. I was wondering what he was referencing when he made that joke.

edit: didn't even see he that he quoted you.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I need a picture of someone like January Jones draped all over someone like Allen Iverson

i wanted to participate in your black thing but i couldnt find a good panel of wondy with her bae trevor barnes :(

I think this one is pretty cool artistically.

YKruFdL.jpg

SMDH. So true.

Reminds me of a time when I was working in a game store before FF13 came out and I was flipping all kinds of shit. This one cat would come in saying he knew everything and "played everything early". So I asked him about how Cloud was riding Epona in search of them Dilithium Crystals. I shit you not he was agreeing going yeah it was his favorite part. Well my "regulars" overheard all this and joined in the fun. Needless to say it was fantastic.

There's a difference between guys just trying to gain rep and guys who straight feed off the attention. The former you just hate...the latter you just pity. I think it's a legit illness.

My my...I'm going to have to break up the love fest.

Here is your depressing news for the day, GAF.

A 16-yr-old African American boy was sexually assaulted by a police officer during a “stop and frisk” pat-down. The assault was committed with such violence that the youth’s testicles were literally ruptured.

Now, Darrin Manning of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania may never be able to father children, according to the doctors who performed surgery on his virtually destroyed testicles.

Cop "stops and Frisks Black Teen, literally destroying his genitals

article-2541780-1AC452AF00000578-589_634x426.jpg

The sooner programs like S&F are gone, the better.

double jump

I can't even...
Wow...

There's going to be an OT thread eventually, right?
there already was it was nuts.

srsly though this abuse of the justice system needs to be address by somebody in federal government.

Just found out that my online class started today and not two weeks down the road. So instead of playing Warframe, I'll be doing the class thing. Caught me by surprised. Wondered why the professor emailed me saying welcome to session 1. And I thought today was gonna be a good day.

I have to ask this question black-gaf:

Tell the truth. Did anyone here get caught up in the whole light skin better than dark skin nonsense?

Im not gonna lie. I did. It was hard not to. I feel like it is something that parents pass on to their children coupled with western standards of beauty. I remember hating on a few light skin dudes with the straight hair. I am def way more comfortable with who i am now but it is hard not to get sucked into that mess. It really feel great when there is a good looking dark black dude getting the spotlight. It doesnt validate but i dunno. Kinda like seeing a dark black girl getting some shine.

Edit: another thing that bothers me is why many people it is so damn comedic to be from africa.

double jump

Tell the truth. Did anyone here get caught up in the whole light skin better than dark skin nonsense?

Im not gonna lie. I did. It was hard not to. I feel like it is something that parents pass on to their children coupled with western standards of beauty. I remember hating on a few light skin dudes with the straight hair. I am def way more comfortable with who i am now but it is hard not to get sucked into that mess. It really feel great when there is a good looking dark black dude getting the spotlight. It doesnt validate but i dunno. Kinda like seeing na dark black girl getting some shine.

I got clowned threw middle and early high school for being dark skinned. Its only a few years ago that I started being comfortable in my skin. what helped me was learning more history and trying to surround myself with positive images.

Im not gonna lie. I did. It was hard not to. I feel like it is something that parents pass on to their children coupled with western standards of beauty. I remember hating on a few light skin dudes with the straight hair. I am def way more comfortable with who i am now but it is hard not to get sucked into that mess. It really feel great when there is a good looking dark black dude getting the spotlight. It doesnt validate but i dunno. Kinda like seeing a dark black girl getting some shine.

Edit: another thing that bothers me is why many people it is so damn comedic to be from africa.

Not outside of jokes. Even then it didn't get very far since I'm considered to be pretty "safe" despite dark skin.

In all honesty no. I didn't really experience it until I got older(late to post high school). I was always called "red" boy along with anyone light skinned. It wasn't a thing in my world until it was made a thing. But to this day I still crack jokes about being De Barge light. Lol.

ReiGun

Was clowned for having dark skin pretty much all the way until college, which did a number on my self esteem I'll admit I'm still getting over. Like you said, it's hard not to get wrapped up in that stuff when you're getting so many messages telling you that having darker skin makes you undesirable/ugly. I imagine it's especially bad for women. I know my sisters hate that stuff.

I never really grew to resent light skinned folks like some do, though.

My mother has had multiple incidents with kidney stones by the way, we aint safe.
She'll be the only one I've known of. We are the least likely to catch kidney stones, regardless. I wonder why, though.

Nope. Not a problem where I'm from. As long as you were cute.

harSon

Banned
Some old ass motherfucker with a my little pony wallpaper on his laptop, my professor walking in wearing a goofy ass fedora, precious tryna holla and that pit sweat/ball juice/masturbation funk fusion..... this class man... I can't much longer.

Edit: My siblings have had kidney stones on numerous occasions, but then again, we're half-black... so that might have something to do with it? After seeing my oldest brother screaming in the bathroom, I cut out juice/soda and started downing water like a motherfucker. That's literally was spurred my weight loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom