• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
QGagvSG.jpg

S3Vvo2R.gif

AfroMW

Anything really... I heard okay things about Sword of the Stars but I didn't like it nearly as much as FTL. I got the old KoTOR games too. But geez, scifi rpgs are just fucking neglected these days. Its some shit.

Give dig and loom by Lucas arts a look you can either get it from steam or good old games or send me a pm and I can give you my copy

Also I saw kuro no basket, god damn in the zone is hilarious.
Hajime no ippo hits closer to home since I am trying to compete for bronxze gloves I've never seen such basic moves made to look so inhuman. Motionless jab??

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Give dig and loom by Lucas arts a look you can either get it from steam or good old games or send me a pm and I can give you my copy

Also I saw kuro no basket, god damn in the zone is hilarious.
Hajime no ippo hits closer to home since I am trying to compete for bronxze gloves I've never seen such basic moves made to look so inhuman. Motionless jab??

Ippo is crazy because they make every single fighter respectable and every fight an all or nothing. I don't know how they manage to do it, but even when guys are fighting chumps there's suspense (not counting Takamura because he's Japanese Roy Jones Jr). Even the weight management stuff... man, they made it look like guys were close to suicide.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Amazon gave me a $20 coupon for COD: Ghosts (PS4). PM me if you want it. I'm not 100% sure it will work with anything but my account, but worth a try because I'm not gonna use it.

This code expires on February 28, 2014.

AfroMW

Ippo is crazy because they make every single fighter respectable and every fight an all or nothing. I don't know how they manage to do it, but even when guys are fighting chumps there's suspense (not counting Takamura because he's Japanese Roy Jones Jr). Even the weight management stuff... man, they made it look like guys were close to suicide.

Yea one of my favorites was volg and the doctor. I didn't realize how !much they matched how I acted in the ring until watching, height advantage is too real. I didn't know I did sendo's smash until watching, for me it was just natural to do when you have a reach advantage.

What sacred me about takamura is I train with someone with a similar personalityas him. I'm amazed and terrified when I spar with him

Trey

I don't care for uncharted and TLoU as games, but Naughty Dog can sure make some cutscenes. The atmosphere/setting is excellent, too.

This is my first post in this thread, I've been following it a bit, is interracial dating a frowned upon thing here? Or is it all just jokes and such?

Asking because of the cornball brother posts I've seen.

It doesn't sound like you've been following closely if you think interracial dating is frowned upon here.

I wonder why is it in the field of the gaming industry we see almost no representation of black folks or any people of color other than Asian? In terms of designers and company owners the names that come up are the likes of Will Wright, Miyamoto, Sakaguchi, Gabe Newell, and Ed Boon. Same looking at gaming journalists. IGN, Games Radar, Gamespot, Game Informer, etc. The only one I remember was N'Gai Croal and he's not even around anymore.

This guy made a huge contribution and he's not even recognized in the likes of these others.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMmrC1RUP_0

I know it's not a purely white and Japanese industry, but from a media perspective it gives off that it is.

This is my first post in this thread, I've been following it a bit, is interracial dating a frowned upon thing here? Or is it all just jokes and such?

Nah. Some of us are in interracial relationships. That's far from being frowned upon.

Sister Devo hit the nail on head as well.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I suck at navigating Steam's archives and library - are there any good sci-fi rpg/adventure type games out right now?

SInce they added tags yesterday, you can actually just search "sci-fi rpg" and get decent results.

It doesn't sound like you've been following closely if you think interracial dating is frowned upon here.

Nah. Some of us are in interracial relationships. That's far from being frowned upon.

Sister Devo hit the nail on head as well.

In this thread? You must be misinterpreting something.

Lol, alright, I see now. Just gonna keep this tab open for a while a see how things go. I have a friend that calls me a cornball brother as well. Apparently, I'm not down for the cause. :(

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
So the Amazon buying Xbox division from MS rumour was a load of BS as i suspected even half asleep. Especially given the source.

Lol, alright, I see now. Just gonna keep this tab open for a while a see how things go. I have a friend that calls me a cornball brother as well. Apparently, I'm not down for the cause. :(

Tell your friend (politely) where to shove it. It has served me well so far.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
NBA GAF drama strikes again. Certain manipulative members reaching out to mods who don't know the score to try and stir up shit. Sucks two good posters had to go down in the crossfire.

Hope Dy & Relio come back soon, Ninja didn't deserve that shit either.

Nakazato

a few of us are interracial relationships... so no not at all

and Cornballer post are just us ragging on each other

I dont feel like it was
he will likely gets his when he goes to Jail

Brehs add me to steam FFXI_Isamu and Origin Nakazato87

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
a few of us are interracial relationships... so no not at all

and Cornballer post are just us ragging on each other

he will likely gets his when he goes to Jail

this verdict wasn't just about the murder it was also about how society and the justice system at large still views and treats us.

Nakazato

Blackace isn't a mod anymore? It looks weird.

yea I was just about to post that.....

Blackace come here and post

Bish your all we have left

this verdict wasn't just about the murder it was also about how society and the justice system at large still views and treats us.

So true.. not matter how well we do we will always be seen as the violent race. When In all actually all we want is to be treated fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom