• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

Just remember betas are never actually for testing, they're entirely marketing based off exclusivity.

Quick key:

Is the beta closed, limited with codes, or some other limitation mechanism? It's marketing.

Is the beta open, anyone can download it and report bugs? It's an actual fucking beta.

Slayven

Just remember betas are never actually for testing, they're entirely marketing based off exclusivity.

Quick key:

Is the beta closed, limited with codes, or some other limitation mechanism? It's marketing.

Is the beta open, anyone can download it and report bugs? It's an actual fucking beta

Wish they would sue another word for it. Betas stop being for that shit around the time DAOC dropped.

Silky

Banned

Quick key:

Is the beta open, anyone can download it and report bugs? It's an actual fucking beta.

What about those bullshit Battlefield 'betas' released like a week before the release that anyone can access but doesn't really fix anything come launch day

Stress testing seems like the right approach to see how strong the Azure servers are in regards to Titanfall.

Gorillaz

Quick key:

It's a demo more or less

ReiGun

I made it four episodes into Attack on Titan and don't feel all that motivated to go back to it. I suppose I can give it a few more to click, but so far, doesn't seem like my kind of thing.

FyreWulff

The separate spinup costs and having to basically cert the game before releasing the final version are the big downsides, and hence why you mostly see it come from big publishers.

Versus PC only titles, where it's "deploy game.exe and see what happens".

There's also the issue that shipping a true beta (ie, it's the current dev version, just public) has the issue that most gamers still treat viewing a game as final code no matter what stage it's actually in or how much you tell them it's not final. You can't go "okay, this map might crash a lot, but tell us what you think?"

Nope, it'll end up as "lol this map crashes game is doomed cancel preorders now"

FyreWulff

OKC bots aren't even trying anymore

UqWd4Vd.png

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I made it four episodes into Attack on Titan and don't feel all that motivated to go back to it. I suppose I can give it a few more to click, but so far, doesn't seem like my kind of thing.

I read the comic and thought it was terrible.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Started looking at places in Hawaii today.

Once I get back from California, I'm doing nothing but filing my gtfo paperwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom