• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I ended up getting a 3DSXL instead of the Vita, since everyone seems to be sold out of the Vita and the 3DSXL comes with a $40 gift card at Target. What's a must have game for the system? I already bought Pokemon, and it'll be my first one since Red back in the mid 90s...

smash bros is coming in the summer, you can get mario kart 7, fire emblem, and super mario land now.

He's a sideshow. Something to point and stare at. We don't ask for explanations at the circus because it doesn't matter.

Thats the sad truth, if they going to keep him out like that might as well go for that honey boo boo money. Hell link them two up for a reality show, bet it will do gangbusters

Wel', RIP FOX X-men movies.

No

there is another one

ratner__121211212615-275x397.jpg

Parallax

Thats the sad truth, if they going to keep him out like that might as well go for that honey boo boo money. Hell link them two up for a reality show, bet it will do gangbusters

crossing the streams will sink them both, which would be the best thing for both of them

J10

Banned

People would watch them try to eat each other. Fox news reports Terrio getting brought up on rape charges.

Nakazato

I ended up getting a 3DSXL instead of the Vita, since everyone seems to be sold out of the Vita and the 3DSXL comes with a $40 gift card at Target. What's a must have game for the system? I already bought Pokemon, and it'll be my first one since Red back in the mid 90s...
Pokemon and smash when it comes out

Parallax

I've actually never played a Fire Emblem game. Would that probably be best bang for my buck as far as longevity is concerned?

theres a bit of downloadable battles and stuff outside the main story, so it has legs

andthebeatgoeson

Super Mario 3D land, Luigi's mansion, Zelda link between worlds (maybe one of the best handheld games of the past 5 years).

Infinite

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Shin Megami Tensei 4 are good games.

I've actually never played a Fire Emblem game. Would that probably be best bang for my buck as far as longevity is concerned?

Depends on what you're into but after picking up a good SD card for about 20 bucks (mandatory purchase), I keep Super Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion 2, Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Zelda: Link Between Worlds on my 3DS. It's all square biz with those.

Never gave a crap about animal crossing nor pokemon. People swear by Fire Emblem, though.

Monster Hunter 3 is surprisingly good.

Enjoy. It's a fine system.

He's a sideshow. Something to point and stare at. We don't ask for explanations at the circus because it doesn't matter.

That's a damn shame.

jokes on you'll niggas i dont even have a facebook

hdBYqn0.png

I laugh everytime I see Shang Tsung takes his soul in the flim. Dude went from looking like he put too much Bath & Body Works lotion on to being the ashiest motherfucka on the planet.

Infinite

Card-carrying GAF racist strikes again

People, I have a question-for those of you that have a religious belief, do you follow your text 100% literally? For those without, do you take issue with those who do not following the respective texts literally?
Nope I don't take it 100% literally.

Trey

Card-carrying GAF racist strikes again

People, I have a question-for those of you that have a religious belief, do you follow your text 100% literally? For those without, do you take issue with those who do not following the respective texts literally?

I usually bring up the hypocrisy that's rampant in religion on the very rare occasion I find myself willingly discussing religion. I don't have a problem with verse cherrypicking in and of itself - we all change opinions or go back on shit from time to time - but it's a nuisance when people evoke scripture to justify their stance. Especially when it comes to denying others rights and other generally fuckboy behavior.

In the grocery store and it has Angelina and family on the cost of a magazine AMD one of the look like Jodie Foster, another looks like that 2nd Asian chick from Glee and another look like Sanjia

Nope I don't take it 100% literally.

I usually bring up the hypocrisy that's rampant in religion on the very rare occasion I find myself willingly discussing religion. I don't have a problem with verse cherrypicking in and of itself - we all change opinions or go back on shit from time to time - but it's a nuisance when people evoke scripture to justify their stance. Especially when it comes to denying others rights and other generally fuckboy behavior.

I'm just wondering because it seems like any time a religion-related thread comes up, those who've identified themselves as atheist or agnostic seem to be invested in telling religious people what they're supposed to believe.

I came up in the church like I think a lot of us did (I was raised Southern baptist), and was never really here nor there on it growing up. While I was in school, I didn't go regularly but I went to a couple different churches and services for other religions. I eventually settled back into Christianity because it's what I'm most familiar with, but I think the black religious experience in America at least has always been fundamentally different from what most people on GAF view as religion. Not denying that there's still plenty of hypocrisy and foolishness in the church, but my family has been more pragmatic; my grandfather chose being a trustee over being a deacon, and he was the one who put me on to the idea of Theistic Evolution.

The idea that science and religion are inherently enemies no matter what is just strange to me, but it seems like that's the only way some people can look at it.

Top Bottom