• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Village

As a slight consolation, it helps that Teen Titans GO is actually good. But yeah, American action cartoons are in dire straights nowadays.

I feel like that dire straight is artificially produced by networks who do not want to put the work in on what these shows need along with having un-realstic exspectations. Also you shouldn't base all your revenue around toys. That kind of comes naturally later

royalan

There's nothing more annoying than reading the *No Book Spoilers* GoT thread and having to wade through entire pages of people who have obviously read the books and are stealth "predicting" things and being completely obvious and obnoxious about it.

I mean, how fucking hard is it to just talk about what happened in the fucking episode?

Trey

There's nothing more annoying than reading the *No Book Spoilers* GoT thread and having to wade through entire pages of people who have obviously read the books and are stealth "predicting" things and being completely obvious and obnoxious about it.

I mean, how fucking hard is it to just talk about what happened in the fucking episode?

Following that series and its community seems like a perpetual grey area.

You wanna follow the show and theorize and predict shit but the source material is readily available and just as represented in the zeitgeist. So if you predict correctly, you probably read the book, they accuse.

Infinite

The Hannibal thread is starting to look like this too

ReiGun

Jorah on GoT might be stuck in the friendzone harder than anybody in anything I've ever seen.
My man has been friendzoned into the dark abyss. There's no hope of him ever getting out.

It's especially obnoxious when there's another thread entirely for people who have read the books. Some people really just want some internet cred for "predicting" the show or just like to spoil people just cause. And the mini-invasion of non-book thread during ep 9 of last season was the worst.

I don't care as much about spoilers as most people. I knew about the last big deaths going into those episodes and didn't mind. But the amount of tiptoeing you have to do with this show is ridiculous. Can't google, can't read comments on shit, can't get on social media if you're not watching live (read: with East Coast). And yeah, it's not all people being asses; the books have been out for a while, so of course there's a group that's used to talking about shit freely. But damn participating in the community if you're just watching the show almost doesn't feel worth it.

Imm0rt4l

word, and you can't call em' out as you'd spoil things. It's pretty annoying.

'

Any time I see someone starting to "predict" what is going to happen I just skip the post.

Mods want the thread to have speculation, but I would prefer a no speculation thread just reactions.

JohnDoe

Banned
hhtSqF4.png

yoooooo

andthebeatgoeson

You know what: I'll just come in here when I see crazy GAF. These cats in the ferry thread want some movie rescue. Really upset that 4 guys with average tools couldn't rescue 300+ people in a submerged capsized boat. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. It's like the people holding out how there is one guy clinging to a large piece of wood from that Malaysian flight in the south Indian ocean.

I'm not against hope but these guys are delusional and it junks up the thread. Instead of just identifying their anger, they turn it against any party remotely close to the situation.

Captain shits the bed and does nothing? Well the port should have sent a Seal team in so they could cut holes in the hull and save the people.

Me-With what?

Well, with the hull cutter that every boat carries around for this type of situation.

:/

That thread is worse than the Malaysian flight thread. Maybe the finality of falling out of the sky helped some reconcile but I just can't..

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
speaking of in shape black women

did LoL throw satch in the bushes or what?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Dudes latent simp genes activate like mutants. Ive seen the hardeat cats go full keith sweat.

Top Bottom