• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Slayven

They cast Denzel Washington in the new Star Wars movie

He should play someone similar to his training day character.

"Aww, you motherfuckers. Okay. Alright. I'm putting order 66 on all you bitches. Huh. You think you can do this shit... Luke. You think you can do this to me? You motherfuckers will be playing basketball on Hoth when I get finished with you. Dark Trooper program, nigga. 23 hour lockdown. I'm the man up in this piece. You'll never see the light of... who the fuck do you think you're fucking with? I'm the Empire, I run shit around here. You just live here. Yeah, that's right, you better walk away. Go on and walk away... 'cause I'm gonna' burn this motherfucker down. Rancors ain't got shit on me. That's right, that's right. Shit, I don't, fuck. I'm winning anyway, I'm winning... I'm winning any motherfucking way. I can't lose. Yeah, you can shoot me, but you can't kill me. I will become more powerful than you could ever imagine."

harSon

Banned
I was joking, it's John Boyega who was cast as one of the leads.

2275-2.jpg

And obligatory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgTuarwFm6s

harSon

Banned
But...what about the rule of 3?

is there a rule of 3 in space? or is it a rule of 5?

Well, they're never in the same movie together, let alone the same scenes.

The real losers in Science Fiction are Latinos. Ya'll got Jimmy Smits in Star Wars, a few cats in the Battlestar Galactica universe and Luis Guzman in Pluto Nash, otherwise ya'll been purged from the future.

Nakazato

Well, they're never in the same movie together, let alone the same scenes.

The real losers in Science Fiction are Latinos. Ya'll got Jimmy Smits in Star Wars, a few cats in the Battlestar Galactica universe and Luis Guzman in Pluto Nash, otherwise ya'll been purged from the future.
Vasquez in Aliens

If i get a chance to go to a dinner and meet Bill Clinton, and I shake hands with him, what should I say? If he givers my wife a flirtatious wink and smile, can i troll him?

I would want to say something like, 'It's good to meet the first Black president.' But that may be over the line. And I probably shouldn't say anything like, 'Good to meet you, monica.'

Although, all bets are off if he flirts with my wife.
Ask him who's slept with more women him or his wife

harSon

Banned
Vasquez in Aliens

Zoe Saldana too since she's 100% Latina now. Michelle Rodriguez is in a few, and Diego Luna in Elysium? That's honestly all I can think of off the top of my head. The picture as a whole ain't pretty though. Battlestar Galactica and Caprica definitely have some of the best representation for Hispanic actors in Science Fiction though, although this guy:

jamie-bamber-sept-2011-gi.jpg

as Edward James Olmos' son was some bullshit LOL

Ever had a day when you stayed up so late it's impossible to go to sleep? I am going to hate myself this week.
Congrats. I did the same shit.

Close your eyes, make a wish
And blow out the candlelight
For tonight is just your night
So your gonna celebrate mmhmm all through the night?
And its safe to assume her wish is your command....

He should play someone similar to his training day character.

"Aww, you motherfuckers. Okay. Alright. I'm putting order 66 on all you bitches. Huh. You think you can do this shit... Luke. You think you can do this to me? You motherfuckers will be playing basketball on Hoth when I get finished with you. Dark Trooper program, nigga. 23 hour lockdown. I'm the man up in this piece. You'll never see the light of... who the fuck do you think you're fucking with? I'm the Empire, I run shit around here. You just live here. Yeah, that's right, you better walk away. Go on and walk away... 'cause I'm gonna' burn this motherfucker down. Rancors ain't got shit on me. That's right, that's right. Shit, I don't, fuck. I'm winning anyway, I'm winning... I'm winning any motherfucking way. I can't lose. Yeah, you can shoot me, but you can't kill me. I will become more powerful than you could ever imagine."

That would be like the Jules Winfield speech done as Mace Windu. I would give Lucas a couple dollars.
Vasquez in Aliens
Funny she is very Caucasian. But in character totally agree.

I was joking, it's John Boyega who was cast as one of the leads.

2275-2.jpg

And obligatory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgTuarwFm6s
That's ole boy from Attack the Block? Good shit.

J10

Banned
What women want before the first time
Five dates
Two gifts or tokens of affection
Five social media messages
12 text conversations
Five phone calls
Three DVDs watched
Seven passionate kisses
Five heart-to-hearts or meaningful chats
Four meals together
One bunch of flowers

What would you do for a Klondike Bar?

Cross post from the NBAforum

pIDStuP.gif

Sterling got a lifetime ban. Can't go to any games, can't make any personnel decisions, can't go to any owners meetings, can't even visit the practice facility.

Silver urges the board of governors to force a sell of The Clippers.

Shit, they asked if Silver expects Sterling to continue making a profit as an absentee owner if the 3/4 vote doesn't go through.

Silver:" I fully expect the support of 3/4 of team owners."

Move that team to Seattle!

I imagine Silver basically did a slew of phone calls polling the owners. I know the Blazers owner is on board based on his PR statement.

“The kind of statements attributed to Clippers owner Donald Sterling, if true, are abhorrent, and not acceptable for the owner of an NBA franchise or anyone in professional sports. We at the Trail Blazers reject any and all such sentiments, and believe NBA leadership should take swift and impactful action in this case.”

Trey

Too soon for conspiracy theories? An owner no one likes saying some dumb racist shit in hilarious fashion is such a softball situation for a rookie commissioner to crush within his first six months on the job.

#followthemoney

cdyhybrid

Shit, they asked if Silver expects Sterling to continue making a profit as an absentee owner if the 3/4 vote doesn't go through.

Silver:" I fully expect the support of 3/4 of team owners."

Move that team to Seattle!

Yesss, remove the last remnants of David Stern's stench from the league. Then we just need Durant to leave OKC for justice to finally be served.

I imagine Silver basically did a slew of phone calls polling the owners. I know the Blazers owner is on board based on his PR statement.

Cuban posted on Twitter that he fully agreed with Silver as well.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Too soon for conspiracy theories? An owner no one likes saying some dumb racist shit in hilarious fashion is such a softball situation for a rookie commissioner to crush within his first six months on the job.

#followthemoney

Sterling has been a dumbass dirtbag scumbag for years tho - only this time he was caught

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
NBA and the rest of Sterling's racist homeboys threw that fuckboy Donald in the bushes.
915xsss.png
You can be an inhumane scumbag in private, but never embarrass anyone publicly.

I am so glad that the reporters called Silver and the rest of the NBA out, about Donald's past dealings with minorities. "I knew him for 20 years, but never about the racism"- to paraphrase: fuck outta here.

Top Bottom