• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

I propose a new Neogaf rule, where anybody who says that it doesn't matter if people throw slurs at someone because you should "have a thicker skin" is free to be insulted, belittled and otherwise subjected to "just words" by any NeoGAF poster within that thread, with no consequences for the members lobbing insults.
that would get too real too fast

Furyous

LOL at this Teddy Bridgewater fall. They're making up reasons not to take him in the first round and it's appalling. I'll stay away from the obvious and point out that this is unprecendented. This is the first time there's been such an obvious attempt to drop the draft stock of the obvious best prepared QB in the draft.

Nakazato

Hmmmm. What can you say without violating confidentiality.
Im not sure. I would have to check my nda. Not sure if I can say the name of the project or not. Defently can't give out deals. But when its on you guys talk about it.

Part in a tyler perry movie?
Ha. BCT likes TP. Lol
LOL at this Teddy Bridgewater fall. They're making up reasons not to take him in the first round and it's appalling. I'll stay away from the obvious and point out that this is unprecendented. This is the first time there's been such an obvious attempt to drop the draft stock of the obvious best prepared QB in the draft.
Nope. Remember Geno Smith was doing to be the 1st qb taken. Fell to the second. Dont read in to this its a huge smokescreen. He is a 1st rounder.Tho if you just think about it coming from the big east (American conference now) the lvl of comp is low as shit. Pit. Syracuse. Ucf. Uconn. For me that's the problem. The only real team he beat was Florida 2 years ago. And that casue florida has no offense.

DominoKid

i've never seen anything like this. maybe my Titans will draft him?

yeah right we're rolling w/ Jake Locker another year
RGt54.png

Trey

Darth Belichick jedi mind tricking everyone to drop him to the fifth round so he can get Brady's replacement on the cheap.

Nakazato

RGt54.png

Your stuck. Cause you need a 3-4 olb or a cb. Cause derrick morgan is a 4-3 de only.
Darth Belichick jedi mind tricking everyone to drop him to the fifth round so he can get Brady's replacement on the cheap.
And that's real talk. Its really likey to happen and a great fit. Tho I think TE is the biggest problem for them now.

harSon

Banned
I've learned that racists are gonna racist and don't bother with those threads anymore. They'll just make you upset.

I gave up a while ago. I catch myself typing shit out from time to time, but then I'm like fuck it and delete it because it's a waste of time.

Im not sure. I would have to check my nda. Not sure if I can say the name of the project or not. Defently can't give out deals. But when its on you guys talk about it.

Only Slay watches Scandal tho

DominoKid

Your stuck. Cause you need a 3-4 olb or a cb. Cause derrick morgan is a 4-3 de only.

true. Barr seems to be the prevailing option on everything I've seen. i don't know much about him cause i never watched UCLA.

i want to see this fuckery

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 12m
Growing fear in NBA offices: Sterling files a lawsuit and starts deposing EVERYBODY. Asks team personnel if their owner ever got racial

Nakazato

true. Barr seems to be the prevailing option on everything I've seen. i don't know much about him cause i never watched UCLA.

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 12m
Growing fear in NBA offices: Sterling files a lawsuit and starts deposing EVERYBODY. Asks team personnel if their owner ever got racial

Truthfully Barr reminds me of Suggs with less power and loads of speed. He us going to be a hell of a player when he get the proper training

Too bad, Kerry Washington <3

In other news, did anyone catch the pilot to Penny Dreadful on Showtime? The pilot was pretty fucking legit. You can catch it for free on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GMZBirzYAY

Cool ill watch before bed.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

Chris Mannix &#8207;@ChrisMannixSI 12m

Can't wait for people to start copping pleas.

Too bad, Kerry Washington <3

In other news, did anyone catch the pilot to Penny Dreadful on Showtime? The pilot was pretty fucking legit. You can catch it for free on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GMZBirzYAY

Hmm...will check it out after I watch The Sacrament.

Gorillaz

Chris Mannix &#8207;@ChrisMannixSI 12m

I suspect a blowback from this. Every single owner...Not just NBA but maybe even NFL is looking shook as fuck right now.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I propose a new Neogaf rule, where anybody who says that it doesn't matter if people throw slurs at someone because you should "have a thicker skin" is free to be insulted, belittled and otherwise subjected to "just words" by any NeoGAF poster within that thread, with no consequences for the members lobbing insults.

i see ive missed some shit this morning

On a lighter note I found out the marvel ninjas are real.

No not working on a marvel movie.

And yes Im working on something that blackgaf likes.

curious

cdyhybrid

You didn't get a visit did you? Naka waking up like Rain in Ninja Assassin.

Haha, I was just watching that for the first time on TV before heading out to the club Saturday. Didn't see the whole thing but it looked like a fun, mindless action movie.

It's either teams later in the draft trying to submarine his stock so they can draft him, or idiot GMs out-thinking themselves. Both seem equally possible.

RGt54.png

Jake was coming around a little bit last season until he got hurt :(

harSon

Banned
Cool ill watch before bed.

I'll check it out tonight, I remember you being on the True Detective hype train super early.

Hmm...will check it out after I watch The Sacrament.

Check out the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFXHfEqMcis You'll come away wondering what the fuck the show is about, but hyped none the less. If I could describe it, it'd basically be an adaptation of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen done right. And dat cinematography. Looks and feels like a motion picture at times.

Don't know if they'll be able to sustain this, but they're off to a damn good start.

Slayven

Or that one can be put off by it and not necessarily a whiny cry baby? I love how people rail on about being offended. Who's offended these days by certain remarks? No I just tend to think the person is an asshole whom others shouldn't necessarily have to work under or associate with. This isn't rocket science.

If you want to be a ass hole, make sure your money is lined up that way.

Lawyers: "Mr. Jordan...have you ever used a racial epithet while representing your basketball organization?"
MJ: "....what do you think? I worked with Charles Oakley for 5 years."

I can't even do those threads anymore. I don't know how you guys do it

Why do ya'll even click on those threads knowing they will just make you angry

Honestly, it's entertaining to see how far some people are willing to go to show their asses lol

Like you know certain posters have receipts and wait for them to ring up a new one.

And sometimes you actually do manage to wake up a person or two, or teach someone something new.

Check out the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFXHfEqMcis You'll come away wondering what the fuck the show is about, but hyped none the less. If I could describe it, it'd basically be an adaptation of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen done right. And dat cinematography. Looks and feels like a motion picture at times.

Don't know if they'll be able to sustain this, but they're off to a damn good start.

With regards to Penny Dreadful's Pilot, if people have Showtime, it's also available on their On Demand service or their mobile/tablet app Showtime Anytime. Usually when Showtime puts up Pilots or first ep of the season shows on Youtube, they're edited a bit for content.

Pilot was definitely dope though. Came out the gate firing on all cylinders.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Seems like folks are melting down at the fact that your opinions/free speech ACTUALLY HAVE CONSEQUENCES NOW

Bless twitter for ending careers since 2006

Slayven

Seems like folks are melting down at the fact that your opinions/free speech ACTUALLY HAVE CONSEQUENCES NOW

Bless twitter for ending careers since 2006[

Over the most basic shit. Folks treat twitter like you talking to your neighbor across the fence. it's not that hard not to say dumb shit.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
This is like the rich racist white version of When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

I thought they said "I CAN'T SEE" for like 10 years lol

We used to tear down some Avengers in the arcade.

My arcade had that one, and a bunch of other shit over the years, like one of those rare big-ass 6-player X-Men cabinets. We'd all take turns using our special moves on the bosses. And as comic nerds, we wondered why the fuck were Sentinels human sized and working for Magneto.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
My arcade had that one, and a bunch of other shit over the years, like one of those rare big-ass 6-player X-Men cabinets. We'd all take turns using our special moves on the bosses. And as comic nerds, we wondered why the fuck were Sentinels human sized and working for Magneto.
My boy bust out that game like last month. That shit was hella fun especially while being Rio drunk.

Gorillaz

I remember hearing that story awhile ago but yea it's pretty well known that in private MJ ain't shit.

As long as he ain't sitting at another table eyeing my girl with his boys and then telling the waiter to give her his card, I'm good.

royalan

Bml1K2fIMAA17PN.jpg

Bml1LlbIEAAimW0.jpg

Lookin straight up like my older cousins heading out on a Friday night in the 90s.

THIS is why Rihanna is #Bad.

Watch Twitter not get the homage being paid here.

Top Bottom