• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

I bet the haircut was like 40 bucks by itself.

These dudes out here asking for rent nowadays just for them to give you a line up and a short cut.

Nah pimp. 20 bucks. 10 with a 10 dollar tip. 20 for the wash and 5 dollar tip.

And tell me why I'm the shop and just heard somebody remixed/remade goddamn candy rain. Just why.

Why are people so quick to give Jeremy Clarkson a pass on his racism when he and other members of Top Gear have never made it a secret?

There were their Mexican jokes and their slope comment. But before his response explaining why he said it, people were tripping over themselves to say he didn't even say it.

Slayven

Why are people so quick to give Jeremy Clarkson a pass on his racism when he and other members of Top Gear have never made it a secret?

There were their Mexican jokes and their slope comment. But before his response explaining why he said it, people were tripping over themselves to say he didn't even say it.

He does something they like.

Kreed

What did Dreams get popped for?

I "think" because Valhelm got called a beta by Mr.Awesome in the Alpha women should date beta men thread (which got Mr.Awesome banned) and then Dreams-Visions laughed at Mr. Awesome's post, which may have gotten him banned.

He does something I like, why are you trying to start a witchhunt over something he said, do you want him fired?

Jesus.

Like you can't just merely talk about and recognize someone did something fucked up without all these obtuse chicken little types.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
How many times is it okay to let a dude slip up and utter a racist word before he's penalized? Oh he's apologized for it, so yeah that means we should forget about it right? Let it go?

The apologies ain't worth shit if you keep doing the same thing over and over.

People trying to excuse this dude from pattern behavior.

How many times is it okay to let a dude slip up and utter a racist word before he's penalized? Oh he's apologized for it, so yeah that means we should forget about it right? Let it go?

The apologies ain't worth shit if you keep doing the same thing over and over.

People trying to excuse this dude from pattern behavior.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=796_1322406985

Richard Hammond went all in and they kept on truckin'

"Why would you want a Mexican car, cause cars reflect national characteristics....German cars are efficient, Italian cars are flamboyant and quick, Mexican cars are just gonna be a lazy, feckless, flatulent [can't make out the rest of his list], leaning against a fence asleep looking at a cactus with a blanket with a hole in the middle as a coat."

Richard - "I'm sorry but just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican"
Jeremy - "It'd be brilliant cause you could go straight back to sleep again"
Richard - "All I got to do all day."
yfc3s.png

yep, let's give these guys another pass, they're obviously not bigoted or anything.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

"Why would you want a Mexican car, cause cars reflect national characteristics....German cars are efficient, Italian cars are flamboyant and quick, Mexican cars are just gonna be a lazy, feckless, flatulent [can't make out the rest of his list], leaning against a fence asleep looking at a cactus with a blanket with a hole in the middle as a coat."

yfc3s.png

yep, let's give these guys another pass, they're obviously not bigoted or anything.

Disgusting.

I don't care what kind of excuses people want to make, this guy needs to go just like Sterling. I am honestly shocked by the amount of people trying to say he needs to be pardoned.

yfc3s.png

But it's comedy! COMEDY! They're takin' the piss! You're taking this all out of context, maaaaan!

Gorillaz

yfc3s.png

Damn and they laughing it off in that "were so old we don't give a shit" way

deli2000

yfc3s.png

This is what really put me off the show, shame because I could probably tolerate it if it wasn't for the general xenophobia.

But to me, it shows a bigger problem about the UK, the way in which lot's of awful things get brushed off as 'banter'. There is a big focus on UKIP in the news recently appearing as a serious political force, and then shit like this and this happens on near a weekly basis. No one bats an eye.

akira28

never saw that...or the 'slope' stuff.

dammit. I love Top Gear too...but I can't accept that.
I mean, it's one thing to be provincial, and affectedly ignorant of outside cultures and to pretend to have some level of self-superiority, but this is pretty clear racist stereotyping.

Racist meet rearview.

Its hilarity when you think blatant racism can be condoned because you are a fan. Fuck that noise. And if your circle of friends are assholes and racist 9 times out of 10 so are you. If you don't take the initiative and cut them off then what do you expect

Real talk if Marvel got movie Spidey back. They would bury the fuck out of Iron Man. Simply because of the amount of money Spidey takes in when it comes to selling toys and merchandise.

deli2000

Real talk if Marvel got movie Spidey back. They would bury the fuck out of Iron Man. Simply because of the amount of money Spidey takes in when it comes to selling toys and merchandise.

Why would they do that? Iron Man is huge now, IM3 posted crazy box office numbers IIRC.

Slayven

What people are not getting is you can say all the racist and dump shit you want. Just don't expect everyone to be ok with it.

It'd probably come at a good time. Hasn't RDJ talked about doing less Iron Man, or was that just the Iron Man films themselves and not Avengers?

What people are not getting is you can say all the racist and dump shit you want. Just don't expect everyone to be ok with it.

Or that one can be put off by it and not necessarily a whiny cry baby? I love how people rail on about being offended. Who's offended these days by certain remarks? No I just tend to think the person is an asshole whom others shouldn't necessarily have to work under or associate with. This isn't rocket science.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

Consequences. How do they work.

Some people in that thread are deliberately doubling down on their stupid to avoid conceding the point. That's online interaction on this forum nowadays. Say stupid shit, and maybe eat a ban. "But there's no way i'm backing down to anyone!!" *chest thump*

Gorillaz

I can see it being put to a "thor" level of importance to people.

It'd probably come at a good time. Hasn't RDJ talked about doing less Iron Man, or was that just the Iron Man films themselves and not Avengers?
After Avengers 3 it's getting james bond...ed

those are some big ass shoes to fill tho being IM after RDJ, it might have to fall back a bit

Why would they do that? Iron Man is huge now, IM3 posted crazy box office numbers IIRC.

Do you realize they have a whole part of their company just for Spiderman products? He's the only Marvel character that has cartoon where he is the main star and toys on the shelves 24/7 (shit the only other comic book character that gets to say the latter isn't even a marvel character). There is a good chance a lot of the other characters would get pushed back for him.

Seriously though I think it takes way more courage to tell a friend they're being ignorant, prejudiced and or racist than just letting shit slide.

The hell happened to logic.

Kreed

I have to admit, I never knew the real lyrics for "eeny, meeny, miney, moe" until that racist thread today. And I can't say I'm surprised.

These 'cism defenders have to have some dirt on them right?

Like how poor people vote against their own self interest cause one day they'll be the millionaire and when that happens they want the benefits they're affording to the current rich.

"When/if I get caught up, people will remember my leniency and prop me up as I did them."

deli2000

Seriously though I think it takes way more courage to tell a friend they're being ignorant, prejudiced and or racist than just letting shit slide.

The hell happened to logic.

Don't be silly, it's just different cultures and all that. In his culture, racism isn't even real. Must be amazing.

Village

Story time, Nude quest part 2

Aiight

So I was walking out of my class headed to the front door of the building when the security guard looks up and says " i'm not even gonna ask

I go to a school thats art oriented, so to hear that indicates something spectacular is happening.

I look behind me and is this very pretty girl in a very tiny two piece, sandals and bunny ears. And its only like 70 degree's at most outside
bv6ye.png

Me being , me ( an idiot ) . I needed context. So approach the young woman and ask nicely " I like your outfit, can I get some context "

She responds happily with a smile " I wanted to be naked but You can't be naked outside of the studios in this building. And I think the bunny ears are cute"

ftYIg.png

We talk abit more , she tells me how she feels about clothing, it seems she is some sort of nudist. We exchange names and walk away.
rXhka.png

Speaking of comedy this is my favorite.

reality

Lewis black is a gem

I read that thread thinking "You're telling me it isn't tigger?"

Growing up it was always 'tiger' but I knew the origin cause my mom grew up on a farm and...well farm folk aren't exactly tolerant.

For instance, you see these:

bXVhPBB.jpg

Brazil nuts, right? Nah, not on a farm in the 60s, those are 'nigger toes'.

deli2000

Do you realize they have a whole part of their company just for Spiderman products? He's the only Marvel character that has cartoon where he is the main star and toys on the shelves 24/7 (shit the only other comic book character that gets to say the latter isn't even a marvel character). There is a good chance a lot of the other characters would get pushed back for him.

It would make for semi decent spidey films though, which is a plus.

I have to admit, I never knew the real lyrics for "eeny, meeny, miney, moe" until that racist thread today. And I can't say I'm surprised.

Bro. A gym teacher told me what that song was in the 3rd grade. I never sung that shit again. Went to a teacher conference once with my uncle before he became a principle. Heard another teacher flat out say I won't be taking orders from any nigger especially this nigger. I quit. This racist stuff hit me hard and early in my life. Dat ole school Carolina Georgia racism was a sight to behold. Still is. That's why I rarely say anything in those threads....it's hard to tell a fool about gun safety if he never seen war first hand

Growing up it was always 'tiger' but I knew the origin cause my mom grew up on a farm and...well farm folk aren't exactly tolerant.

For instance, you see these:

bXVhPBB.jpg

Brazil nuts, right? Nah, not on a farm in the 60s, those are 'nigger toes'.

lmao.....we had some creative racists back then. Hell they had the room to be

Valhelm

contribute something
I "think" because Valhelm got called a beta by Mr.Awesome in the Alpha women should date beta men thread (which got Mr.Awesome banned) and then Dreams-Visions laughed at Mr. Awesome's post, which may have gotten him banned.

He was joking, what the fuck. I feel horrible.

Top Bottom