• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

lol.

Man, in my history of playing games, there hasn't been a single game that I bought, borrowed, or rented that I put down, due to me not finding some enjoyment out of it. I have games on steam that I haven't started yet, but that doesn't count. I bought shit like Bujingai and destroyed it in record time. Dead Space 3 might be the first...

This shit is soooooo fucking loud. I think I've fired more bullets than my entire Dead Space 2 playthrough (hyperbole obviously), and I haven't even got to the planet yet. There are like ten vents around every corner and there is little to no quiet time to build suspense (symphonies play when a character farts). Track-star ass necros running a 10 sec mile to hit you from across space itself. The fucking regenerators were not fun in this series at any point, and they put two in this section, followed by a turret segment.

At the very least, RE6 embraced it's fukkery.

Might see if it improves when I land on the snow planet, before it hits the bushes.

This isn't hard until you get to the platforming/climbing parts.

And then later where all corridors look the same. And the fuck it all DLC ending.

KumaJG

could you take that nigga in a fight tho

remember the BCT power levels:

10-0 = "Drake"
100-10 = "Steal On Him"
500-100 = "Your shoes might get dirty so take those off first"
1000-500 = "Might want Obama Care before stepping to this nicca"
5000-1000 = "Did you bring a gat?"
9000-5000 = "Monica just go home and be a family man"
Over 9000 = "Sharkeisha no!"

Solange fits in there somewhere

Esco make sure that the division has good creation options for black ppl. I'm tired of just being the black guy with a buzz cut or dreads. At lwast give the gumby (like slay rocks)

Forgot the Fro or Cornrows option. Those are staple to the black community.

Imm0rt4l

That moment nigga comes out the mouth of an asian dude you been friends with since middle school.

And having to control your fist.

Shit I don't fucking say the word and I'm black

My oldest friend from middle school is Asian and uses the word occasionally and I don't bat an eye. But it's different in our case since he's family, even call my mother mama. He's from the hood and coming up with him it's become 2nd nature. But he knows better than to use it around just anyone, because not all black people even use the word. It's funny though since he's Filipino, and he's been reading a lot of African literature as well as his Asian and Negrito heritage and watching lectures and videos from NOI guys like Malcolm X. Dude's on some I want to go back to the Philippines and start a revolution shit right now.

ReiGun

Is it sad that I saw this site (a female comic book artist and male comedian set up a phony dating profile featuring “blonde, happy-go-lucky, kind of over-sexual cliché of a Swedish woman," with the woman in a cheap blonde wig; they posted the amusing conversations), and I saw this conversation that I thought of Slayven? Or does it mean I've been well-trained?

YSD-026_pony.jpg

Slay got banned and lost his mind.

Trey

Blazers =(

didn't even have a puncher's chance. Spurs lost Parker halfway through the game and still crushed them.

There was just a chasm of coaching ability between the two teams, and it translated into effort given.

Kawhi epitomized the game when he just steals the ball, sprints right past two defenders, and manhandle-dunks on two separate occasions.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Damn, even mumu is going for slays throat now? The west is wild

My oldest friend from middle school is Asian and uses the word occasionally and I don't bat an eye. But it's different in our case since he's family, even call my mother mama. He's from the hood and coming up with him it's become 2nd nature. But he knows better than to use it around just anyone, because not all black people even use the word. It's funny though since he's Filipino, and he's been reading a lot of African literature as well as his Asian and Negrito heritage and watching lectures and videos from NOI guys like Malcolm X. Dude's on some I want to go back to the Philippines and start a revolution shit right now.

Is your friend dante basco?

Any of you in Cali right now?

Stay safe. :(

this heat plus the fires is something else, but nothing nee

the only way to survive a Slice of Life anime is to speed watch it like i'm doing this series after finding out about it from the webm thread b/c it's 4am and i got nothing else to do

Kreed

And legitimately I can't remember the last time I said nigga. Wasn't a word that was thrown around I'm my house going up.

Outside of rap songs, I've never used the word either/or have been called the word to my face in any variation. Most of my family and friends were Southern Baptist growing up, so even the "ga" version wasn't something we said. Can't really explain not being called the n word considering I've spent most of my life in the South (minus a few years in Jersey where everyone felt sorry for me for having been born in the South/assumed I was getting chased by KKK members on a regular basis).

harSon

Banned
I just read a rumor stating that Oded Fehr has been cast as Dr. Stephen Strange. I wonder if its true. I mean its on IMDb.

IMDb

Sleeper Cell was my shit. And as I said in the other thread, it'd be great to see a Middle Eastern actor not only get such a huge role, but a huge role that doesn't involve fucking terrorism. Oh, and the c-c-c-c-ombo breaker aspect of his casting would be icing on the cake

lol.

Man, in my history of playing games, there hasn't been a single game that I bought, borrowed, or rented that I put down, due to me not finding some enjoyment out of it. I have games on steam that I haven't started yet, but that doesn't count. I bought shit like Bujingai and destroyed it in record time. Dead Space 3 might be the first...

This shit is soooooo fucking loud. I think I've fired more bullets than my entire Dead Space 2 playthrough (hyperbole obviously), and I haven't even got to the planet yet. There are like ten vents around every corner and there is little to no quiet time to build suspense (symphonies play when a character farts). Track-star ass necros running a 10 sec mile to hit you from across space itself. The fucking regenerators were not fun in this series at any point, and they put two in this section, followed by a turret segment.

At the very least, RE6 embraced it's fukkery.

Might see if it improves when I land on the snow planet, before it hits the bushes.

Oh boy ... I've got some bad news for you man

Infinite

the only way to survive a Slice of Life anime is to speed watch it like i'm doing this series after finding out about it from the webm thread b/c it's 4am and i got nothing else to do
Slice of Life amines always start out as comedies and then end up becoming depressing towards the end. Too much of an emotional rollercoaster for me to power watch those. Fuck, imagine powering Flowers of Evil?

Sleeper Cell was my shit. And as I said in the other thread, it'd be great to see a Middle Eastern actor not only get such a huge role, but a huge role that doesn't involve fucking terrorism. Oh, and the c-c-c-c-ombo breaker aspect of his casting would be icing on the cake

Sleeper Cell singlehandedly made it impossible for me to enjoy 24.

could they have at least got somebody black?

Mo....Nica

She has apparently responded to the "backlash" -
“The reality is what keeps me focused, and what kept me from getting stressed or being hurt by the comments is that I'm doing it for my sisters, I'm doing it for my brothers and I don't care who tells me that I am not this and I am not that.”

but I thought she didn't identify with us tho?

harSon

Banned
Her ethnicity morphs depending on what's opportunistic at the time. When her mainstream star appeal dies off, and All-Black films are the only gigs in town, you ask her what ethnicity she is and I bet she'll answer "Black as a motherfucker."

harSon

Banned
Sleeper Cell singlehandedly made it impossible for me to enjoy 24.

Yup, it's an extremely underrated show. It's a shame it didn't get picked up for another season, but that Season 2 finale was legit as fuck. Darwin was raw as fuck.

The show was a considerable aspect of a thesis I did in college about the weaponization of media to demonize ethnic groups during war time. Sleeper Cell and Traitor are easily two of the best shows/movies of this type.

Top Bottom