• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Awww yiss, got my first accusation of hatred against SonyGAF! or rather, propagating the myth of SonyGAF.

Either way, I guess you could say that I've arrived

dkvxNWp.gif

Sitting in a coffee shop getting work done (because I know I won't do it if I make it home) and I now have to turn my earphones up to MAX because I'm sitting next to two of the most privileged-yet-dumbasfuck people on the planet.

"You know, I think a major problem with people is that too many people are willing to settle for just ANY job, and not THE job. I just refused to work until I found something that I was, you know, really passionate about..."

"Oh, law school..."

What a great idea. I don't know why I never thought of that...

There's a point in there somewhere.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
People with no connection to the gaming media or industry get in all the time. Shit, a friend from Universal asked me if I would be in town to go with her this year.

That's why shit is getting tightened up. Hell, there were scalpers selling E3 tix outside the venue last year.

I can kinda understand the appeal to go as a fan.

But dealing with all that bullshit, the lines, the heat, the smell, the people...unless you have a job to do it just seems like you're making it worse for people there who need to get things done and cover the event for the gaming public.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
They did it to themselves. The industry makes E3 seem like some big party instead of some boring ass conference.

Superbowl of the industry. Totally understandable.

Truth be told, if you've been to E3 more than 3 times, it is probably boring unless new hardware is dropping. Sure, some parts of it are boring. Covering it as press is gruelling (assuming you are actually doing some work)

But it is also an opportunity to catch up with peeps you haven't seen in ages, network, etc.

Slayven

Superbowl of the industry. Totally understandable.

Truth be told, if you've been to E3 more than 3 times, it is probably boring unless new hardware is dropping. Sure, some parts of it are boring. Covering it as press is gruelling (assuming you are actually doing some work)

But it is also an opportunity to catch up with peeps you haven't seen in ages, network, etc.

Not to mention smanging booth babes

Gorillaz

I heard e3 is rough as hell. Nothing but interviews back to back, long ass lines to get in to a 5 min demo and cramped areas.

Traffic has to be a bitch for you LA people

Silky

Banned
I'd rather go to PAX if I didn't know the people running the show are fucking morons.

I'll stick to fighting game tournaments and local stuff (as soon as I can find the local stuff here in GA)

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I heard e3 is rough as hell. Nothing but interviews back to back, long ass lines to get in to a 5 min demo and cramped areas.

Traffic has to be a bitch for you LA people

Its not so bad really. It seems most people get bused around, and a lot of the attendees take the train to get there since it stops right outside staples/convention center.

And id gladly take being on the floor than doing the conference thing. Tried it for sony, never again.

G-Fex

PAX smells way worse. Industry pros tend to (TEND being the important word here) actually shower and freshen up.

Ah okay.

Probably a lot more weird shady people at PAX too.

i'm not surprised. peeps got media badges with far less.

I know some guy who owns a old game store who gets passes for E3

i went on wednesday last year, and i didnt notice a smell until i walked up on a dude at the end of the day
Hit you like bricks huh?

RedSwirl

Are young black men dressed in what is perceived to be "non-thug" clothing more likely to get selected? I'm trying to imagine any kind of supposed psychology behind that. Like, they trying to get "minority on the jury" cred but they think a well-dressed brother is more likely to be from a richer neighborhood?

I'm thinking way too much into this.

Are young black men dressed in what is perceived to be "non-thug" clothing more likely to get selected? I'm trying to imagine any kind of supposed psychology behind that. Like, they trying to get "minority on the jury" cred but they think a well-dressed brother is more likely to be from a richer neighborhood?

I'm thinking way too much into this.

just tell them you hate pigs. can't trust 'em. worked for a friend of mine.

So besides the shit I wrote earlier, man something "strange" just went down and grinds the fuck out of my gears. Long story short as much as I want to tell family(BCT) I won't derail but I'm making a thread to vent.

I'll invite you cats when its done.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
By the way, Transistor is that bomb ass sex you're not having.

Just amazing all-around so far.

Top Bottom