• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Lakers looking a little
H37xX.png
right now, but if he did go there I couldn't imagine the fuckery.

The Lakers are currently Kobe, Nash and Robert Sacre. We ain't flabby or sick, we're deceased.

Getting Joel Embiid or Dante Exum tonight is gonna be sweet.

Gorillaz

How fucked up is Gaf that we got blackballed from E3 lol

Truly surprised GAF used to get media badges for E3 in the past.

that's probably due to the fact alot of coverage still comes from here even tho it's a forum. A case could be made for Machinima as well since it's a youtube channel that uploads commentaries on shooters.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
How fucked up is Gaf that we got blackballed from E3 lol

that's probably due to the fact alot of coverage still comes from here even tho it's a forum. A case could be made for Machinima as well since it's a youtube channel that uploads commentaries on shooters.

Machinima has an editorial team though. Does preview/ review coverage. And a website. With an editor-in-chief, etc.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
A lot of info comes here first before the rest of the other media outlets. (the same media outlets that rarely credit GAF for the information)

Still not a media outlet. If the layout and format of the site was changed to cover the industry and keep the forums/ discussion behind a "front page", then that would be a different matter.

GAF would easily surpass the traffic requirements for E3 Media passes. But it is, still a message board/ enthusiast forum.

If Arthur Gies gets a fucking press pass, why not some random schmuck from NeoGAF?

Wouldn't even be a random gaffer. Certain mods, and admins. It is a simple change that would be needed to the site layout and policies and boom, E3 passes. As it stands, GAF is a forum, not a media outlet though.

Gorillaz

The Lakers are currently Kobe, Nash and Robert Sacre. We ain't flabby or sick, we're deceased.

Getting Joel Embiid or Dante Exum tonight is gonna be sweet.

give us the #1 pick for basketball reasons.
DK are you lakers too?

Either way someone needs to through yall a lifeline. When I see Jack at more Clipper games then Lakers there is a problem

Machinima has an editorial team though. Does preview/ review coverage. And a website. With an editor-in-chief, etc.

I actually forgot Machinima has a website. I just know they do almost everything through youtube.

Gaf got away with it since alot of industry news and those in the industry post through here. That and the big sites basically get stories from here and at times don't quote Gaf lol. I think leakermania caused people to look at it differently.

Silky

Banned
Still not a media outlet. If the layout and format of the site was changed to cover the industry and keep the forums/ discussion behind a "front page", then that would be a different matter.

GAF would easily surpass the traffic requirements for E3 Media passes. But it is, still a message board/ enthusiast forum.

I suppose. Perhaps loose ties to Gaming-Age were the reason why/how GAF continued to get passes.

RedSwirl

If you ask me I've seen some GAF posters do the kind of research actual news websites should be doing. Baffles me they never think about getting paid for that stuff.

DominoKid

If you ask me I've seen some GAF posters do the kind of research actual news websites should be doing. Baffles me they never think about getting paid for that stuff.

yeah i wouldnt be doing some of the shit i've seen on gaming side for free. some of them people put in work.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Considering how much other "real" major web sites steal news from GAF, take all the ad revenue from breaking news and only link back here with the tiniest font footnote they can get away with, I don't think it's asking a lot to allow GAF's owner to have a few media passes. I don't really care either way, but from a business point of view, considering the loss of ad revenue from sites taking news from GAF, is it really so much to let go of a few media passes in return? Whole thing is just dumb.

The amount of furor in that E3 denies GAF thread is pretty hilarious.

Like there are some folk literally raging, even seen some posts that MS is behind it.

LMAO

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see why GAF should be invited to e3, it's just a forum

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Ok, let's fix this. I'll get you invited to the Microsoft Press Briefing and I'll set you up to attend the E3 Expo as a guest of Microsoft. There will be no strings attached and no expectations of coverage...just to be fair :)

PM me if you are interested.
NeoGAF officially a presence at E3 on Microsoft's dime.

4yhgNXL.gif

royalan

Sitting in a coffee shop getting work done (because I know I won't do it if I make it home) and I now have to turn my earphones up to MAX because I'm sitting next to two of the most privileged-yet-dumbasfuck people on the planet.

"You know, I think a major problem with people is that too many people are willing to settle for just ANY job, and not THE job. I just refused to work until I found something that I was, you know, really passionate about..."

"Oh, law school..."

What a great idea. I don't know why I never thought of that...

Top Bottom