• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Slayven

Well, he can choose to read their minds or not, but...

the temptation might be too great. Don't know if I could trust myself with that kind of power. Plus, I'm not the type to form some crazy convoluted plan to keep my powers hidden either.

Plus, there's something appealing about Magneto's power. The raw, primal power of controlling nature/reality. Xavier's power would probably sap any enjoyment I got out of life, since even if I could prevent myself from manipulating people, just knowing how easily that genuineness could be removed would be disheartening. I'd probably be prone to developing paranoia if I refused to use it constantly too, which is a possibility I can avoid if I never have the opportunity to read minds.

I'd probably take Magento's power and try to use it for good, and if the world wanted to try and take me out because I presented a threat regardless of the fact that I'm doing good deeds, I'd become the Magneto from the comics and fight to defend my (new) species.

Plus with X you are one freak accident away from being dead.

Magneto for sure... Getting in someone's head just seems like a slippery slope. I mean look at Xavier, considering how he wiped any knowledge of the second team, how many other nefarious things has he wiped in order to keep his hands appearing clean...

This is a brilliant article. Also the end is quite sad, shows that history is just repeating itself in more subtle ways. Here are some highlights:

Amazing article. So many things in there that I never knew, just how bad things were and still are. Long read but definitely worth it. Thanks for sharing this.

J10

Banned
Usually I can guess what an article is going to be about from the end of the URL.

kung-fu-saloon-protest-racism-uptown-discrimination-dress-code

Not this time.

Trey

Jesus Christ, my barber nicked the fuck out of me.
LLShC.gif

The most painful betrayal of trust.

RedSwirl

Where the fuck are y'all finding jobs again?

And what the hell is Tinder?

Edit: And judging by the kind of shit I think about, I don't want to know what other people think about, so I'd pass on X's power.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
What would be hilarious is when the teens go back everything changes for the worst and the only people that remember it are Wolvie and Beast. Everything that has gone wrong was their fault. I want this to happen just so marvel can say that Cyclops was right all along.

How would beast being wrong prove cyclops right? Thats like two different sports. Besides, uatu already told beast he was wrong and aint shit.

And i think id go with psychic. Buy psychics always have some damn problem.

Alright family, I'm gonna one up that mags v x.....

If you could have one super power for 168 hours, what would it be?
Remember you have to take the downside with whatever you pick. When I got a minute I'll tell you my choice and it won't be what you think......

Fuck it ill tell you. I want the ability to see/know all possible outcomes to any choices I make. Kinda like Destiny from the Brotherhood.

Second choice would be Mind reading.

Nakazato

Remember you have to take the downside with whatever you pick. When I got a minute I'll tell you my choice and it won't be what you think......

Fuck it ill tell you. I want the ability to see/know all possible outcomes to any choices I make. Kinda like Destiny from the Brotherhood.

Money is a superpower right ? LOL

Long range teleportation... Then Id Telly my ass right up in to a bank vault

J10

Banned

You couldn't just say a week?

Mr. Fantastic's intellect for a week would be good. I'd use that time to figure out how to give myself other super powers permanently.

Slayven

You couldn't just say a week?

Mr. Fantastic's intellect for a week would be good. I'd use that time to figure out how to give myself other super powers permanently.

He figured out how to give everyone in NYC the superpower to always know where magnetic north is in an hour.

Gorillaz

Late as hell to the party but I watched Both Vol 1 and 2 of Kill Bill on Netflix for the first time.

Pretty good I think part 1 was stronger and I wasn't a fan of how they dealt with Bill in the end but it was good.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

probability manipulation. do just enough to get hella paid.

slight reality manipulation, but thats way overboard

Village

Eh I im stuck between two powers.

Time manipulation, time stop slow down that kind of thing.

To get more work done, also so i can yell " chaos control" or " ZA WARUDO " like big ass nerd and it actually do something. Be like " yeah!"

Next

Bruce Banners Broken ass intelligence. I am convinced the hulk exists to nerf bruce, You can't have bruce thinking for too long. Its not great.

Silky

Banned
His intelligence is usually filled with the other multiple disorders that guy's probably packing after what Strange/Stark/Reed did to him

I don't blame him. Banner went through three(?) wives, all killed by either him or someone involved by him iirc

Top Bottom