• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

from a baser instinct point-of-view, name me a hot native-American woman who can act.

kind of indifferent to the decision.

I couldn't because so few Native Americans get more than minor roles. I'm sure law of averages says there are actresses like that out there though.

Edit: I'm not really trying to get into an in depth debate over it. But it is a real issue and I'm actually surprised that so many people are indifferent to it.

harSon

Banned
There is only a matter of time when a white person plays someone black.

wXYzTj2.jpg

from a baser instinct point-of-view, name me a hot native-American woman who can act.

kind of indifferent to the decision.

You have to be given a chance to act in order to show you can.

Some people in the thread were on that "can they sell a movie" nonsense, but people don't say that when fresh-faced white kids are cast for the first time in a major film.

There was a dude in my library lookin up gay black singles, lookin' at shirtless dudes with their pants sagging and shit right above the crotch

not a good look, Mumei

Yeah you can't really raise minorities up the ranks to A listers if you don't give them starring roles. Vicious cycle really.

And even the ones who are getting bigger roles are older than their white counterparts. Look at JLaw. Now realize that Lupita is 31; Chiwetel is 36. (big roles both from a black director in a movie about slavery... : / )

Michael B. Jordan is our only hope. And we're probably going to be stuck with Jaiden.

Shit reminds me, I need to check my Blackplanet account

Memories. One summer in college I let a friend stay in my room (free from being a summer RA for a dorm) for a few weeks in the summer because he couldn't get the aid to get in the dorms. I cannot tell you how many times I walked in on Monica peeking at some dinner plate areolae that some fat girl had sent him (by his request).

... good times.

Mumei

There was a dude in my library lookin up gay black singles, lookin' at shirtless dudes with their pants sagging and shit right above the crotch

not a good look, Mumei

Hey, hey.

I only just found out and I haven't been at the library all day. Couldn't have been me!

Can the NSA be stopped?

Your post in the 46%er thread is amazing, hope some people see it and some scales fall from some eyes.

Thanks! :)

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Memories. One summer in college I let a friend stay in my room (free from being a summer RA for a dorm) for a few weeks in the summer because he couldn't get the aid to get in the dorms. I cannot tell you how many times I walked in on Monica peeking at some dinner plate areolae that some fat girl had sent him (by his request).

... good times.

I lost it at dinner plate areolae.
1375735945_black-guy-laughing-on-boat-gif.gif

Trey

Gotta say ive made a ton of progress as a person lately. Stopped using the fag word completely even though i never meant it that way. Working on my own self esteem and worth and realized how society engineers us to hate and shame women. Next up is to stop saying retarted.

Congrats man.

Here we go again.

Someone make a thread.

maybe i'm defending this because i'm really anticipating this film (director is dope) but tiger lily is a racist ass character anyways. it would be preferable if the kids go to neverland and encounter a girl of any ethnicity and she's not in a band of caricatures.

i think that's what they're doing with casting rooney mara. she's not gonna be a native american in the movie. i'm banking on that.

akira28

Pretty native american women who can act? Hell, I'll open up auditions right now...

I know we're not asking for an Oscar winning performance out of a side supporting non main character. Which is why the 'Rooney Mara is such a great actress' excuse is mostly a bullshit excuse. To be quite honest, I don't know who the fuck she is. So if they're playing this by the numbers and just wanted to put a sexy well known female in a supporting role to add buffs and stats to their movie cast list, they failed with me. Particularly when they cast her as a Native American.

But i'm not the target audience...they're playing by numbers and aiming for the middle, and the middle doesn't give a fuck who plays the indian princess, so long as she looks good in buckskin and black mascara.

maybe i'm defending this because i'm really anticipating this film (director is dope) but tiger lily is a racist ass character anyways. it would be preferable if the kids go to neverland and encounter a girl of any ethnicity and she's not in a band of caricatures.

i think that's what they're doing with casting rooney mara. she's not gonna be a native american in the movie. i'm banking on that.

What the bolded says. If it wasn't for the fact that live action fairy tale stuff is in these days, would this shit even be greenlit? It's RACIST. Any old heads here remember the "What Makes The Red Man Red?" bit from Disney's Peter Pan?

There is only a matter of time when a white person plays someone black.

quit slipping on my movie The Black Klansman http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060173/

----------------
also I might as well fill this out also

Where you're from - Houston, Tx
Where you live - Houston, Tx
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - wouldn't know
Do you know your roots - Not a clue and don't ask
Your Age - 30
Favorite musical genre - Ambient or PsyTrance
Your profession/major/career interest - Stress-free
Your religious affiliation - Atheist
Hobbies- Writing, Writing, Vidya Games, Writing

Favorite Game - Warlords 4

One thing I've been wondering lately-are there some posters that are "protected?" Like, even though they almost never have anything intelligent, interesting, or even funny to say, the most they catch is temp bans. Are they kept around to "spice things up?"

One thing I've been wondering lately-are there some posters that are "protected?" Like, even though they almost never have anything intelligent, interesting, or even funny to say, the most they catch is temp bans. Are they kept around to "spice things up?"

Damn B, just call Slayven by name out next time, save yourself the trouble

Kreed

Yeah that was such a vague statement that it really could mean anything. But as people tend to do, they assume the worst

It's like people who jumped down Bun B's throat for saying Mandela in the same sentence as Lil Boosie. In context it was clear what he was just talking about jail and having people waiting for you to be released vs trying to make an actual comparison, but that doesn't get you hits/likes on social media.

Edit:

Joke posters? Yes. But most people are in on their jokes so they get away with it.

Top Bottom