• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Would Kevin Hart be who he is today if Patrice was alive? Would Hart be "that guy" in terms of comedy?

If you mean Patrice takign the roles from him, no. Chris Rock told O&A that Patrice turned down contract after contract beucase he didn't want to be what they wanted him to be.

If you mean Kevin without Patrice's influence on his comedy and their friendship, no idea. I do remember when Patrice was around though that Hart always felt like the guy that kinda followed Patrice around on stuff like Tough Crowd.

Imm0rt4l

Yes Patrice was to raw. Kevin is as safe as you can get. He's that their above Wayne brady

Kevin's safe for sure, but I wouldn't put him above wayne brady. Kevin safer than say a Kat Williams cuz he's so self deprecating with his jokes. Whereas Wayne brady's audience is pretty much comprised of white people.

If you went by how the internet can be in regards to women you'd think we could land just about any asshole we desire at any given point in time.

akira28

Sinbad was great.

bet I can get her to watch anime too

I am a new fan.
VHgUGdG.jpg

Slayven

If you went by how the internet can be in regards to women you'd think we could land just about any asshole we desire at any given point in time.

I feel sorry for Monette Moio, she is being framed as the chick that turned that dude crazy.

Sinbad doesn't get enough respect. Dude was consistently funny without going blue, that shit is hard to do.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cosby's still the safest to me. Himself is within those confines, and side-splittingly funny.

Cosby's still the safest to me. Himself is within those confines, and side-splittingly funny.

True this.

The man basically told Dick Gregory I agree with you on civil rights....but I gotta eat. In so many words. Although he did attempt to change the perception of us in his own way. He refused to go as raw as DG did back in the day.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I disagree with this article but I am happy black creators are on the come up. minority characters in teh big two comics does matter. Marvel is pretty good on giving minorties some shine. DC needs some work.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53069

There should be more minority writers, but they need to be good. Hudlins best work is house party. Hes a mediocre to poor writer

Brehs

Thoughts?

he should have known better on that title. spy country would have been just as poignant

Imm0rt4l

If someone told you they were in spook country would you assume it was racial in context?

Because Arthur Gies has a review up that's subtitled spook country.

Harson, check your boy pls

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
If someone told you they were in spook country would you assume it was racial in context?

My immediate reaction would be to think of something espionage related. Cos that's what i associate the word Spook with first.

Imm0rt4l

My immediate reaction would be to think of something espionage related. Cos that's what i associate the word Spook with first.

I see. For me I'd assume racial but mostly because the country part. Too many times I've heard/read I'm in "insert racial epithet" country. Being in spy country seems odd to me. But if I were shown a copy of the review of watch_dogs and saw spook country then I'd think, oh they mean something different(even though the first thing that comes to mind is the epithet).

Is that a European thing? Spook-->Espionage, I mean.

Cause if I were to hear 'Spook Country' I'd think it was scary (spooky). Wouldn't think anything racial unless it went that way with some further explaining.

Slay why is your country ass stealing my identity?

No, for reals fam. Someone filed taxes in my name and got fat cash back.

Eh breh. That's a real come up down in Florida. In my line of work we see that all the time. In many cases I've seen people get their money back but it was a long slow drawn out process.

Is that a European thing? Spook-->Espionage, I mean.

Cause if I were to hear 'Spook Country' I'd think it was scary (spooky). Wouldn't think anything racial unless it went that way with some further explaining.

Thats an older Cols War era term for spies. it actually predates the racist connotation I think.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Cosby says the realest shit a comedian has ever said. He just says it in such a way that you don't notice it. Cosby is the realest.

Not a fan of old man Cosby though. Him and Han Solo just ruin their legendary status with me whenever I see them on tv doing stupid shit now.

Top Bottom