• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

DominoKid

BorRQUNCUAA50yh.jpg

Personally, my first thought would be the show Spooks (MI-5 stateside). I'm a bit conflicted on this one though. Spook is pretty far down the totem pole as far as popular racial slurs are concerned. It's pretty old fashioned, and not commonly used, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone didn't know that it was a slur.

Having said that, this is a good time to plug The Spook Who Sat by the Door. Criminally underrated and underexposed.

That was a great book.

Movie was awful though.

My husband will have all your traits. That's... incredible.

Incredible is one of a few words that fit, yea.

Slayven

I am going to tell you how old I am. I am so old that when i was in the first grade went on afield trip and saw a double feature of Bambi and Song of the South (re releases assholes). Song of the South if you ask Disney about it they disavow it's existence.

cdyhybrid

Yo damn. Anyone watch The Evening Jones today?

Bomani brought up that he saw something on Twitter. He said a lady said that telling a dude you have a boyfriend is the quickest way to get him to leave you alone, because he probably has more respect for another man than he does for you.

I had to really think about that one for a second.

http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-prn/t51.2885-15/926474_472151136253153_1735171135_n.jpg[IMG]

This part of the game is unfamiliar to me.[/QUOTE]

These THOTS joining forces becoming THEAMS now?

these young boys better be careful.

@slay...song of the south breh? U not alone.......

J10

Banned
I am going to tell you how old I am. I am so old that when i was in the first grade went on afield trip and saw a double feature of Bambi and Song of the South (re releases assholes). Song of the South if you ask Disney about it they disavow it's existence.

We're about the same age then. I'll assume you're older for the sake of my own happiness.

DominoKid

Bomani brought up that he saw something on Twitter. He said a lady said that telling a dude you have a boyfriend is the quickest way to get him to leave you alone, because he probably has more respect for another man than he does for you.

i had some friends that used to tell guys they were lesbians which no guy (incl. myself when i met them) ever believed or took them at their word. eventually they just went w/ the boyfriend excuse.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
There is the friendzone then there is this, the fucking friend-universe, the friend-dimension. Damn, my dude is Sir James of House Simp

hes the friendzone franklin richards. hes friendzoned so hard he can put cats in relationships in friendzones with their own girls. you can help raise a child and put her up on game, and she still doesnt see you as a viable partner? theres something really wrong in all of that unless he already has a chick.

Slayven

Christ, those comments. And someone is actually trying to argue that white indentured servants had it worse than the black slaves?

Black folks were given food and water, and a place to stay. How is that different than Obama hand outs?
hes the friendzone franklin richards. hes friendzoned so hard he can put cats in relationships in friendzones with their own girls. you can help raise a child and put her up on game, and she still doesnt see you as a viable partner? theres something really wrong in all of that unless he already has a chick.

I blame the dude. Either he wants to do that shit or his is an eternal optimist.

Shit if he's doing that and he already has a chick is hilarious too.

Yup. Boyfriend excuse is the easiest way because it doesn't harm ego. It's "i'm taken thanks" rather than "not interested in what you're selling."

you know damn well he doesn't even have a single prospect. Too busy helping her kids put together lego sets, setting up her ikea furniture and mowing her lawn.

Watchin 'In The Blood' with Gina Carano; these fight scenes man, this chick is so brutal. I would love a wife who can fight like that...dated a girl who was a black belt in 2 martial arts...she played me for some up and coming MMA fighter.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Watchin 'In The Blood' with Gina Carano; these fight scenes man, this chick is so brutal. I would love a wife who can fight like that...dated a girl who was a black belt in 2 martial arts...she played me for some up and coming MMA fighter.

That's one true weakness.

That's one true weakness.

It really is, something so hot about a chick like Gina or Rhonda who can fight. As for old dude she left me for...I'm not even worried about it, dude has been "up and coming" for the last 6 years. Dude isn't even in the top 10 in the state; dude makes like 25k a year if that.

On subject of this film, man in the beginning scenes she looked slightly outta shape. Midway through though she was back to Gina I love.

J10

Banned
Make an OP that's a text message novel brehs.

Yo, I'm actually laughing hysterically right now just from the scrolling. It felt like it would never end and I was mashing the shit out of the PageDown key. Man, that was a good laugh.

I ain't read none of that shit.

cdyhybrid

Make an OP that's a text message novel brehs.

I clicked on it and I'm just hitting page down over and over waiting for it to end. Sounds like some dude did some molly and couldn't handle his shit.

Edit: Holy shit this dude wants people to listen to a 19 minute phone recording?

Nah breh. Dude should probably stay away from that shit if this is what it does to him.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
"Go to sleep"

"I found the right song"

"Shut the fuck up"

"I never sleep"

"NO. Go to sleep"

Sidenote, some things should never be shared on GAF.

Top Bottom