• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
About to listen now.

Also, I didn't forget about that PM. Just thinking of a better way of putting it out.

iGjtIRjqodvMz.png
@mods literally wanting to see the reciepts in the Watch Dogs performance thread

Infinite

It boggles my mind when people think that somehow being a contrarian for the sake of contrary or platings devils advocate for no reason is the same as critical thinking.

Slayven

iGjtIRjqodvMz.png
@mods literally wanting to see the reciepts in the Watch Dogs performance thread

I laughed but at the same time the amount of people who had Watch_Dogs days upon days before release was sooooo suspect. Incidentally they got Watch Dogs at the same time it released on torrents.

Not the first time, I remeber Bish pulled a dudes card on the first Dead Rising. Said he had a review copy of the game, and Bish said he wanted his gametag to verify. Dude got ghost.

Yo, whenever Wolfenstein is on sale, you need to cop that shit. I agree it's not worth $60, but it's pretty goddamned satisfying.

Oh, and anyone who hasn't played Infamous: Second Son, it's on sale at Amazon for $35: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HGLLRV2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Damn it all. Really fuck Day 1 purchases. Sigh.

So Well Spoken is some of the best shit I've heard. Best way to start a Tuesday morning. The new Hunter X Hunter will put it over the top

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Small world shit today. Homeboy asked me why I don't go for the good girls, the supportive through thick and thin, lie for you and pray for you at church types... Ended up talking about the last girl who fit that description from back before I left college 5ish years ago.

He knew her.

I'll be changing up the PM/story thing. I did the right/wrong things for the right/wrong reasons and that top is still spinning on the table for it brehs.

The perfect response to the black kids be genetically pre-disposed to not swimming should have been, "Only in the same manner that white kids are genetically pre-disposed to not running."

You can only fight ignorance with cunning ignorance. But that's the kind of person I am. When I hear someone say some stupid shit, I want to make them cry when I respond.

Crocodile

The perfect response to the black kids be genetically pre-disposed to not swimming should have been, "Only in the same manner that white kids are genetically pre-disposed to not running."

You can only fight ignorance with cunning ignorance. But that's the kind of person I am. When I hear someone say some stupid shit, I want to make them cry when I respond.

Is this a thing people actually say/think? How does the obvious "most Black youth don't have access to pools or large enough bodies of water to practice/learn swimming?" not come to mind before "genetic predispositions"?

Is this a thing people actually say/think? How does the obvious "most Black youth don't have access to pools or large enough bodies of water to practice/learn swimming?" not come to mind before "genetic predispositions"?

Because it's not obvious to people who have to ask those questions.

akira28

Oh I'm sure it predates anime. I'm just saying the crossover between dudes who believe that stuff and dudes who are super into anime is pretty high in my little corner of the world.

Grew up in a filipino/black/hispanic Catholic community for most of my first 10 years before moving out to the country. We had a few other immigrant families too from Korea, India, Africa. So asian, foreign girls always get my attention. I also always knew the 'subservient Asian woman' idea was bs because I played with their kids, I know Tiger Mom is also Tiger Wife, (but she's also really insistent on sex roles too..so.) But big boned asian girls man...that's my kryptonite. then big boned latinas...then big boned white girls...then everyone else.

That's just my penis talking, I take no responsibility for any logic or lack thereof.

Devo smoking that fireflower.

edit: This episode has me dieing. lol

heh, I may have to hear Devo high.

Because it's not obvious to people who have to ask those questions.

Perception is reality. Maybe that's what they are led to believe. Doesn't make it right nor sensible.

Well

Clash of Kings -
With Renly dead, this war is about to get a lot more interesting.

You reading too?I just picked up the 3rd book.
Stannis was being an asshole over birthright. Fuck that. And fuck using magic to get his way. You could have been VP of Westeros, but Ambition led to his downfall.
Kinda like Wale.

RedSwirl

Not the first time, I remeber Bish pulled a dudes card on the first Dead Rising. Said he had a review copy of the game, and Bish said he wanted his gametag to verify. Dude got ghost.

I thought you just couldn't talk about providing links to pirating games on GAF.

Kreed

I actually wandered into a online chat with the bone conversation going on once. The participants were trying to figure out weaknesses in black athletes and were discussing how weak our shins are/bone density. Surprise surprise when they realized a black man was in the room and took them to task.

The truth is since these people aren't black or a minority and don't care about black people in general, the issue isn't important to begin with outside of basic levels of "curiosity". You could say black men can't swim because they eat too much chicken and they'd run with it, because they have no personal qualms about the question or answer. So they have no interest in hunting down the "real answer" like black people do since it's about us, especially when the real answer might cause more "slavery/white guilt", which is something they don't want to hear since it falls back on them.

Top Bottom