• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

That shit destroyed me.

Dude needs to stop rolling, so he can stop snitching on himself and his cohorts. Lol

Jado

Banned
The handles fit too. She's @irenethedream and he's @dexdreaming. He probably had no idea how hard he lost.

Darkly Dreaming Dexter (novel the show is based on)? Possibly a dorky, bookish guy with no clue he's being strung along. Or maybe he's an uncle/cousin, gay, truly not interested in more than friendship, etc? I'd rather assume he's an old family friend and not some simp obsessed with the one girl.

I hate the entire world.

You'll hate even more that they get paid 50-60k to do that all day. Social Media experts as some companies call them sit in front of a PC for 8hrs a day viewing and responding to messages across FB/Insta/Twitter/Vine/etc.

Shit is ridiculously boring, a friend of mine worked for a design firm out in California doing that.

Darkly Dreaming Dexter (novel the show is based on)? Possibly a dorky, bookish guy with no clue he's being strung along. Or maybe he's an uncle/cousin, gay, truly not interested in more than friendship, etc? I'd rather assume he's an old family friend and not some simp obsessed with the one girl.

Dude is a simp. You gotta have absolutely no self respect if you're paying a chicks bills and shit because you're a nice guy and want to be "friends".

DominoKid

You'll hate even more that they get paid 50-60k to do that all day. Social Media experts as some companies call them sit in front of a PC for 8hrs a day viewing and responding to messages across FB/Insta/Twitter/Vine/etc.

Shit is ridiculously boring, a friend of mine worked for a design firm out in California doing that.

this is the type of shit i'm looking for.

Well now the smart ass remarks that some official twitter pages make, are a whole lot more understandable.

There's managing pr/social media and then there is micromanaging it to a degree where you're just torturing a human being.

The turnover rate is so damn high.

It combines an extreme amount of tediousness with pressure/stress because one fuck up and the company gets lambasted with terrible PR.

There's managing pr/social media and then there is micromanaging it to a degree where you're just torturing a human being.

It combines an extreme amount of tediousness with pressure/stress because one fuck up and the company gets lambasted with terrible PR.

Yup, I couldn't do it. Shit I can't even sit on my own FB for more than 4 minutes without going crazy. 2/3 of the time I get notifications that someone has responded to me or posted something I don't even read past the notification itself.

Twitter? Yea...fuck that.

cdyhybrid

There's also the fact that customer service in general is a shitty job. Nevermind having to do it on Twitter, where people don't show the tiny amounts of restraint they normally would face-to-face.

Edit: Ask sober people to validate your drug-induced rants, brehs

Jado

Banned
Dude is a simp. You gotta have absolutely no self respect if you're paying a chicks bills and shit because you're a nice guy and want to be "friends".

Maybe I'm not reading carefully (head is stuffed up), but I didn't get the impression he was paying for her shit. If he is, well damn.

Back in 6th grade, I had a friend like that. Liked a girl, she came running for money in the yard during recess, he sheepishly handed it over (whether 50 cents or a couple of bucks). OMG YOU'RE THE BEST THANK U before running off. Worst shit I ever saw, tried but couldn't talk him outta that nonsense. Still makes me cringe.

Do people do that from home? My girl work from home on the computer and her current job, updating contacts for firms, is way more boring and pays a lot worse than this social media shit you mention. I'd get her in on this even it's 30-40k from home.

Do people do that from home? My girl work from home on the computer and her current job, updating contacts for firms, is way more boring and pays a lot worse than this social media shit you mention. I'd get her in on this even it's 30-40k from home.

Nope, not from home usually, that's the other shitty part.

Maybe I'm not reading carefully (head is stuffed up), but I didn't get the impression he was paying for her shit. If he is, well damn.

Back in 6th grade, I had a friend like that. Liked a girl, she came running for money in the yard during recess, he sheepishly handed it over (whether 50 cents or a couple of bucks). OMG YOU'RE THE BEST THANK U before running off. Worst shit I ever saw, tried but couldn't talk him outta that nonsense. Still makes me cringe.

I dunno any time a chick talks about being a great provider I automatically assume money is involved to some degree. I might be wrong though, but unfortunately I have a feeling I'm not.

As Devo said, not from home. Also keep in mind that the salary I'm quoting is based on work in SoCal.

Jado

Banned
Nope, not from home usually, that's the other shitty part.

Of course. All these old-fashioned managerial fucks with "everything needs to be done face to face!" should retire already and let the younger gen usher in the long overdue era of telecommuting. I can do practically everything from home, max 1 day in the office per week for the absolutely necessary in-person stuff (maybe 2 for a busy week). Too many people waste a lot of time commuting just to show up in an office, slowly sip caffeinated drinks, go on FB/Twitter/Buzzfeed a dozen times, take 1.5 hour lunches + breaks, and get maybe a solid 2.5 total hours of actual work done (not counting drawn out phone calls and typically pointless meetings that are 45 mins too long) before its time to waste more time getting back home.

As Devo said, not from home. Also keep in mind that the salary I'm quoting is based on work in SoCal.

I imagine it's comparable pay in NY, although the not from home part kills it.

Of course. All these old-fashioned managerial fucks with "everything needs to be done face to face!" should retire already and let the younger gen usher in the long overdue era of telecommuting. I can do practically everything from home, max 1 day in the office per week for the absolutely necessary in-person stuff (maybe 2 for a busy week). Too many people waste a lot of time commuting just to show up in an office, slowly sip caffeinated drinks, go on FB/Twitter/Buzzfeed a dozen times, take 1.5 hour lunches + breaks, and get maybe a solid 2.5 total hours of actual work done (not counting drawn out phone calls and typically pointless meetings that are 45 mins too long) before its time to waste more time getting back home.

Yeah commutes are so bad and if you're just mostly communicating with email anyway what's the fucking point?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

I always thought they gave this job to the interns...... Then again I guess those interns finally got jobs based on their experience.....

I always thought they gave this job to the interns...... Then again I guess those interns finally got jobs based on their experience.....

Nah, if you're doing the Social Media PR for a big company, definitely not something you want your interns handling. Or else you be like US Airlines who posted that picture of the plane in that big chick's snatch.

Listening to "The Treatment" and the host recalled Xavier being Martin Luther King and Magneto is Malcolm X

That's kinda always been one way to read X-Men. Hell X-Men has really always been seen as commentary on America's treatment of various minority groups; it's been like that since X-Men became a thing. That's why you get so many people who say they relate more to Marvel comics than DC comics.

Mutants = African-Americans and Civil Right, Gay and Gay Rights, Women and Women's Rights, etc.

That's probably what happened on a couple occasions where companies tweeted really dumb shit but no, normally you want someone who has way more vested interest in not fucking PR up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yea idk about safer than Brady, but boy is pretty safe. Didn't know bout Patrice turning down contracts tho.

When he passed and O&A had all the comedians calling in, one called in. I can't remember who, but he talked about how he had a chance to talk to a Comedy Central executive about getting a show. To pitch his show. And the guys said that all Patrice did for 95% of the conversation was pound into the executive about how awful he was for putting Mind of Mencia on their network. And then he pitched his show at the last 5 minutes.

This is where Chris talks about Patrice and his business attitude.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Quick question I might have to move to Houston from NY for a job before the summer is over. I'm doing my due dilligence so I got to ask. Is there any neighborhoods I should avoid due to crime, racism, High Cancer rates?

On the flip are there any neighborhoods that I should try to move into for a higher standard or living etc?

That's been the common reference for years, decades even. I think Stan lee came out and said Civil Rights was one of the big influences of X-men

He did, it was the original influence for X-Men; with the holocaust being used as the backdrop of "this could happen again".

Honestly Marvel comics got me more interested in reading in general than Goosebumps and crime novels I became a fan of as kid…or I could just like reading regardless. I have no clue, all I know is as a kid Marvel comics resonated with me much more than DC comics.

Quick question I might have to move to Houston from NY for a job before the summer is over. I'm doing my due dilligence so I got to ask. Is there any neighborhoods I should avoid due to crime, racism, High Cancer rates?

On the flip are there any neighborhoods that I should try to move into for a higher standard or living etc?

Can't help personally, but there are a few Houston residents on the tempNBA forum. I'll shoot you a pm.

Top Bottom