• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Spinluck

9aU31gY.png

So um.. arrows can be curved right? Lol.

Has anyone ever dated a hard line Christian before

I'm nearly on the verge of tears out of pure frustration over having things end with a girl I'm desperately into because of the barriers of "faith"

The fact that we're completely unable to express our feelings to each other on a physical level due to "faith" is the equivalent of her saying " because reasons"

I've had to completely cut off chunks of my family because of the crushing weight of their religious beliefs and the fact that it's invading my sex life now is starting to drive me through the roof

Like, I completely respect their beliefs but fuck

Anyone been there, done that or am I being an insensitive prick?

Spinluck

The ones that cling onto that lifestyle due to religious reasons like that can be a tough date.

Sorry to hear that though, sounds like you were one of the unlucky ones. A lot of them don't give a fuck anymore and will give it up anyway.

I went to private school for HS, and about 60% of the chicks in my class weren't virgins by the time we graduated. Eventually making out and dry humping gets old, you both just say fuck it and get it on. You know.. like doing what comes naturally.

How long have you been with her?

Has anyone ever dated a hard line Christian before

I'm nearly on the verge of tears out of pure frustration over having things end with a girl I'm desperately into because of the barriers of "faith"

The fact that we're completely unable to express our feelings to each other on a physical level due to "faith" is the equivalent of her saying " because reasons"

I've had to completely cut off chunks of my family because of the crushing weight of their religious beliefs and the fact that it's invading my sex life now is starting to drive me through the roof

Like, I completely respect their beliefs but fuck

Anyone been there, done that or am I being an insensitive prick?

As you make a decision realize that her faith isn't going anywhere. if you bit the bullet and married her, who you still have issues? Can you live with those issues? If you can then if she's worth the wait, then see it through. If not then just be friends because otherwise you will destroy the rest of your life trying to compress it into her frame.

Side Note:

I am not even trying to go into that show me the inside or your refrigerator topic. Too many nasty ass posters with no home training for that.

Satch

Banned
Side Note:

I am not even trying to go into that show me the inside or your refrigerator topic. Too many nasty ass posters with no home training for that.

this makes me want to go and look at it

edit: ended up not being that bad

some people have fridges with almost nothing but alcohol and i thought that was cute

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Saw Days of Present Retcon. It was awesome. Blink and Quicksilver were my fav out of everyone. I'm soooo glad that this wasn't Logan and friends: part 6.

They had horror movie level shit in the future scenes. If that shit had one more drop of blood, this would have been R material. Lol

I hate that part of the movie looked like it was shot like the Avengers....

That Swagnus movie is needed.

Capt 2 is still the best comic book movie to come out in a long ass time.

Crocodile

In a word, yes.

At first, I thought it meant to criticize the sort of shallow activism we sometimes see on social networks. But even if that was the original intent, it quickly turned into "easy way to dismiss people saying things I don't like."

I mean, that initial meaning is still valid. It's not a term I can ever recall using or have much interest in using (it just rubs me the wrong way) but there are certainly a nonzero number of people who I feel could be accurately described using such a term - be it people who want to help but only as superficially as possible and for dishonest reasons or those who so strongly misinterpret cues/context that they come off as stupid or do more harm than good. I will definitely agree that the WAY more common usage has become that dismissive, unthinking, debate-ending, asshole-ish version though :(

ReiGun

I mean, that initial meaning is still valid. It's not a term I can ever recall using or have much interest in using (it just rubs me the wrong way) but there are certainly a nonzero number of people who I feel could be accurately described using such a term - be it people who want to help but only as superficially as possible and for dishonest reasons or those who so strongly misinterpret cues/context that they come off as stupid or do more harm than good. I will definitely agree that the WAY more common usage has become that dismissive, unthinking, debate-ending, asshole-ish version though :(

The attitudes that I assume inspired the term definitely do exist, but as we've seen, the moment you start trying to tie large swaths of people to one term as a way to dismiss them, it quickly gets out of hand thanks to idiots. I know having quick, go to terms is nice and all, but I'd rather take the time to engage the misguided (but more often than not well-meaning) social media activists to get in their heads and debate and such than give assholes more words to use to be, well, assholes.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
People giving benefit of the doubt on being an obvious racist is fucking hilarious to me

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Forgot I who I was at work this morning. Was aggressive towards a scumbag who happened to be a white woman. Said "And how hard was that?" after highlighting her added value to the organization by doing her job for her before continuing my workout.

Expecting a firing squad execution before noon.

DY_nasty

Also. Someone spit out their drink when they heard me disagree with one of Obama's policies yesterday. Forgot I HAD to support everything brown again.

FyreWulff

Woman yelling nigger in a black person's face for four minutes straight.

WE DON'T HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS!

Dear black members of New Age Gaming forum:

Remember, the other person might just be stressed. Also, the n word isn't any worse than any other insult, so you should just take it like someone calling you an idiot or a dork and just brush it off. Finally, this is making me uncomfortable, could you please stop pointing out that people are teaching hate to their kids? It's making me feel weird. I was yelled at my mom while playing WoW once, so I know how it feels to have a white woman go crazy on you. Totally identify with what you have to deal with day in an day out.

It's just words, and words don't have any meaning unless you give the words meaning!

Forgot I who I was at work this morning. Was aggressive towards a scumbag who happened to be a white woman. Said "And how hard was that?" after highlighting her added value to the organization by doing her job for her before continuing my workout.

Expecting a firing squad execution before noon.

Is she your superior or will it be a "You're not being team player" type of thing?

DY_nasty

Is she your superior or will it be a "You're not being team player" type of thing?
I just can't act my age and call Bullshit on sight because of sensitive she is and how this place caters to women who've never done shit but make other women worth their uniform look bad.

I'll be told to consider her feelings later then castrated for not being "outspoken enough" in a week.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Dear black members of New Age Gaming forum:

Remember, the other person might just be stressed. Also, the n word isn't any worse than any other insult, so you should just take it like someone calling you an idiot or a dork and just brush it off. Finally, this is making me uncomfortable, could you please stop pointing out that people are teaching hate to their kids? It's making me feel weird. I was yelled at my mom while playing WoW once, so I know how it feels to have a white woman go crazy on you. Totally identify with what you have to deal with day in an day out.

It's just words, and words don't have any meaning unless you give the words meaning!

LOL! GAF in a nutshell.

I just can't act my age and call Bullshit on sight because of sensitive she is and how this place caters to women who've never done shit but make other women worth their uniform look bad.

I'll be told to consider her feelings later then castrated for not being "outspoken enough" in a week.

That sucks. I've been brought into a conference room a few times over that feelings business.

lordmrw

have any of you guys been fucking with the champs? (And no that's not the title of Drakes diary) but the podcast by Neil Brennan

I've been listening to the champs for about a year or so. I like it a lot. Its hard to go back and listen to the old episodes because their producer who quit was really annoying with he damn sound clips and such but for certain guests I can deal with it.

BlackJace

I mean, we actually have people slinging around the N word, and people still jump to the "not racist" wagon.

I can't y'all. This is twenty fucking fourteen.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
"We don't know the situation" is basically a rehash of the Zimmerman defense force main argument.

The racial equivalent of the young earth creationist/fundamentalist "But were you there?"

Top Bottom