• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

andthebeatgoeson

This has been an issue since the days of lighter skinned black people more often being "house slaves", and the preference lighter skinned people got over darker skinned people by white/western/european cultures, including other ethnic groups besides black people. But it has gotten a surge in popularity again thanks to social media and urban/hip hop radio. I blame Drake.
If you want to blame Drake, blame him for this:

PILLOW FIGHT PRANK!: http://youtu.be/IeS5IU4Odus

Drake be like...

RedSwirl

Is this a genuine problem, or just a GAF thing?

I dunno, i can't say the increased time to start games nowadays compared to load times when i was a kid playing NES games really takes significant time out of my life.

Thoughts?

Well NES didn't have load times. You'd boot up the game and see maybe one logo, then the title screen. I've been able to compare this because I've got an NES hooked up in the same room as my PS3. There is definitely a difference between then and now.

On PC it's fairly common for people to find workarounds (usually launch options) to make all the logos skippable.

cdyhybrid

330Sgqs.png

ReiGun

I still say the Rock should be Shazam if he's going to be anyone.

Hawkguy is the new Ant-Man beats his wife. Motherfuckers won't shut up about it in Marvel threads.

It's not just Marvel threads on Gaf; it's everywhere. Hawkeye is one of the most hyped superhero books in years.

Which...is mostly deserved. I say mostly because I feel the book hasn't been nearly as good as it was when it started for a while now.

Thanks for all the kind words folks!

Congrats man.

So I'm catching up on Scandal despite the fact I badmouth the show any chance I get (it's stupid). This must be what hate sex feels like.

Haha, trashy Scandal is best Scandal. I get my "serious" Washington DC from House of Cards, and my "shitty soap opera" Washington DC from Scandal. Although House of Cards is trying to move in on that territory a bit...

Congrats. Weather has been awesome lately too.

10 day forecast: 66(today) 72, 67, 70, 75, 78, 74, 69, 69, 72

Welcome to the good life.

When it went from 80 to about 30 degrees within a span of a day here in Dallas, I was like "fuck it, maybe this LA thing won't be so bad"

prepare to pay 2-3x the price for houses

Yeah, the rent is too damn high. I should be able to adjust to it pretty well though, thankfully. And at least it doesn't seem to be San Francisco levels of pricing, hah.

Congrats, that's great news. What you going to be doing?

Level Design, likely focused on the scripting side of things (though I've done both basic environment layouts and scripting at my previous job, so I could probably do some work in both areas).

Sir, I'm gonna have to try that. Is that the preferred flavor or is any mystic usable? What's the mix ratio?

The ratio is 15% juice of choice to 85% Carolina clear. That shit snuck up on me yesterday.

I think its either Black Adam or Shazam who the Rock is playing. Would make sense for sure.

Fly Young Red - Throw That Boy Pussy Video

So there's this gay rapper from Houston talking about this in his music video. Apparently this is too much for them in hip hop. I guess they prefer more of the Macklemore version of gay in hip hop.

But will one of you volunteer to make a new GAF thread about it?
Can throw it in the lgbt thread if anything

Anyway killing time til the Tool concert tonight at the Toyota Center and I decided to watch bad movies. Started with Phone Booth and now don't want to keep doing it

Furyous

Fly Young Red - Throw That Boy Pussy Video

So there's this gay rapper from Houston talking about this in his music video. Apparently this is too much for them in hip hop. I guess they prefer more of the Macklemore version of gay in hip hop.

But will one of you volunteer to make a new GAF thread about it?

Lord Jamar called it on Combat Jack. For the record, I respect everyone's sexual preference and whatnot. Now be prepared to answer the Lord Jamar's question posed to Combat Jack if someone asks: THIS comes on in the club. Are you on the floor dancing or grinding? Once again, Lord Jamar do not reflect my own but they clearly reflect someone's.

Lord Jamar called it on Combat Jack. For the record, I respect everyone's sexual preference and whatnot. Now be prepared to answer the Lord Jamar's question posed to Combat Jack if someone asks: THIS comes on in the club. Are you on the floor dancing or grinding? Once again, Lord Jamar do not reflect my own but they clearly reflect someone's.
i take it lord jamar has never heard of a gay club before

Furyous

i take it lord jamar has never heard of a gay club before

I meant in a club on a more traditional night. <-- Apologies in advance to anyone thaf's offended as there's not a way to word that in a non-offensive fashion. Actually Lord Jamar quoted specific lyrics an artist sent him. So if that comes in a club are you person reading this dancing?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Hawkguy is the new Ant-Man beats his wife. Motherfuckers won't shut up about it in Marvel threads.

It's pretty amazing how much attention its getting. But the level of talk it's getting is pretty annoying. Its really close to being put on a pedestal

I meant in a club on a more traditional night. <-- Apologies in advance to anyone thaf's offended as there's not a way to word that in a non-offensive fashion. Actually Lord Jamar quoted specific lyrics an artist sent him. So if that comes in a club are you person reading this dancing?
why would a typical straight meatmarket club play this? 'gay' club tracks have been around forever, and get played at gay clubs. this isn't much different but thecoli and etc naturally lose their minds.

and i would probably laugh and grind along, much like i would with any ridiculous, hypersexual club anthem track, they're all pretty fucking stupid. i'm not going out to learn deep truths.

Is this a genuine problem, or just a GAF thing?

I dunno, i can't say the increased time to start games nowadays compared to load times when i was a kid playing NES games really takes significant time out of my life.

Thoughts?

I don't even notice or care unless it's a ridiculous start up time like Beyond Two Souls.

Congrats on the job btw. I am thinking of applying for a job at Tesla but don't know how I feel about relocation halfway across the country.

Slayven

It's pretty amazing how much attention its getting. But the level of talk it's getting is pretty annoying. Its really close to being put on a pedestal

Gaf runs shit into the ground.

Man all my character driven Procedurals are gone.

Leverage
Burn Notice
Psych

Furyous

He's right given the feigned outrage at the NBA's age limit. Bob Knight pushing for a three year limit after equating the NBA's age limit to rape.

The whole logic is intellectually dishonest. Basically, no one has a problem with baseball, golf, or hockey. That's an inconsistent stance on their part. The whole fiasco sickens me.

andthebeatgoeson

Sometimes he has good points but he comes off as a bigot at times so it's hard fo me to take him seriously.
Bigot? Curious, what ways? I hate his cocky attitude and could use more ammo for my hate folder.

I see that tweet as another way for him to get down with super head.

'Hey baby, check this tweet out. I'm down. See?'

akira28

i didnt get a PM...(fuck yall)

but yeah it's not a big deal. It's a cheesy, dumb track, (and something I wouldn't dance to anyway), and while it might throw some people off their game, you can't tell me people are so intensely focused on the lyrics that it would ruin the dance vibe.

Top Bottom