• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

BHZ Mayor

"I'm the second dopest nigga from Compton you'll ever hear
The first nigga only put out albums every 7 years" - Game

If this had turned out to be accurate, we would have gotten Detox AND another album by now. Yet here we are, with Detox being straight vaporware status.

cdyhybrid

If this had turned out to be accurate, we would have gotten Detox AND another album by now. Yet here we are, with Detox being straight vaporware status.

Whole thing is false.

My legs today after sprinting yesterday shiet.

image.php

Imm0rt4l

Troll status: Dre

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
This website on NYC street gangs is an education and a half. Fell into it while reading a Grantland piece on the Wu-Tang clan and lost another hour just fucking around on the site.

Best sample so far:
He Was Known To Own A Horse & Ride That
Sucker All Over The Projects Dressed Like A Wild West Outlaw
The Sex Boys Were Quite Known To Their Local Police Precinct The 75th In Brooklyn.They Maintained A Relationship Communication With Officers From The Gang Squad There. The Sex Boy Even Caught The Interest Of German Filmmakers Who Flew To East NY Brooklyn To Document Them.
The name Turks was chosen because, at the time, the supreme commander was studying about the Ottoman Turkish empire in his history class. These guys were not playing....

Slayven

The thirst will be real for people who spend hours looking at pictures of girls they know.

Slays reaction

1236862295_black_guy_dancing.gif

Don't use facebook. BCT needs to do a kickstarter, than get brought out. I sya we build the product around Devo, people love throwing money at a pretty white girl for no reason.

Silky

Banned
The wildest bit is Carmack working for FB.

I don't see what the issue is.

basically it's possible that this is a talent grab and acquiring the devs for something that Facebook wants to work on and not what the oculus devs want. MS and Google have done this before believe it or not

then again in regards to buyouts Facebook has done good to the Instagram/Whatsapp folks (I wouldn't know I don't use FB at all) so maaaaaaaaaaybe it'll be okay

Slayven

Wouldn't be surprised if the final Rift is nothing like they said it will be, or if it just stagnant and dies . Dotcoms love buying shit to let it rot on the vine.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
This website on NYC street gangs is an education and a half. Fell into it while reading a Grantland piece on the Wu-Tang clan and lost another hour just fucking around on the site.

Best sample so far:

In hindsight they were more like a singular fraternity chapter in size and management than the modern day concept of Gangs.

If you ever get a chance watch "the miseducation of Sonny Carson" just google it.

akira28

I'm salty. I wanted to play Wing Commander clones in virtual reality. Zuckerburg is gonna fuck that shit up. He can't help it. He had one good idea.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Is this a genuine problem, or just a GAF thing?

I dunno, i can't say the increased time to start games nowadays compared to load times when i was a kid playing NES games really takes significant time out of my life.

Thoughts?

It depends on the game.

It was super annoying on Dark Souls PC. Start the game, and wait for it to load and log in to GFWL, then show the Bandai Namco logo, then show the From Software logo, then show the havok physics logo. The worst thing was that once you quit the game, it showed them all again before letting you get to the menu where you actually exit the program.

Put all the logos on one screen, or make it skippable after the first time. No reason I should have to waste that time looking at three separate blank screens with a name in the middle before I even access a menu.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
basically it's possible that this is a talent grab and acquiring the devs for something that Facebook wants to work on and not what the oculus devs want. MS and Google have done this before believe it or not

then again in regards to buyouts Facebook has done good to the Instagram/Whatsapp folks (I wouldn't know I don't use FB at all) so maaaaaaaaaaybe it'll be okay

That's true about the talent grab.

Facebook has a decent track record with buyouts, so I don't see why the sky is falling just yet.

Don't know why people are so angry. Instagram hasn't been destroyed by the evil Facebook megacorp has it? I thought people would be pleased that someone could go from asking for people on forums to give him logo's to selling the company for billions, in just a few short years. Hard work and vision paying off and people feel as if they have been personally insulted somehow. Maybe its just me, but nothing feels me with more joy than seeing a person work hard and get theirs.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
The bit that is even more confusing, is how people think kickstarter gives you any say in anything. You don't get stock rights for backing someone. Lol. You get what is promised and that's it.

Slayven

Don't know why people are so angry. Instagram hasn't been destroyed by the evil Facebook megacorp has it? I thought people would be pleased that someone could go from asking for people on forums to give him logo's to selling the company for billions, in just a few short years. Hard work and vision paying off and people feel as if they have been personally insulted somehow. Maybe its just me, but nothing feels me with more joy than seeing a person work hard and get theirs.

Nerds have a strange value system.

A company that was on kickstarter a bit over a year ago, just got sold to Facebook for $2bn. Broad public supported an idea/dream, the principals of that idea/dream then gave them small trinkets of consideration and used the funding to make themselves rich and to give equity to the already rich (making them richer).

Kind of funny to me.

Top Bottom