• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I'm still trying to hold out on getting a LinkedIn. It seems people mostly just use those to stalk devs and then report on whatever tabloid site wants hits

Never understood this. Even without the company rule, i only update my LinkedIn when any project i'm working on HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED.

It is simple enough really. Why devs keep on getting caught out is beyond me.

I'm probably just gonna delete my FB (again) because it's just watching family members be derps.

I'm still trying to hold out on getting a LinkedIn. It seems people mostly just use those to stalk devs and then report on whatever tabloid site wants hits

I just use it to see hoodrats put all thier business on the net

Slayven

oh yeah, the shit flipped was quite appropriate

Old School Waller put them dukes on fools.

JLA_27_Waller_Beetle.jpg

For context Blue Beetle did say "What" one more time.

ReiGun

Smallville casting Pam Grier as Waller was one of that show's few good calls in the later seasons.

This is the full extent of my Amanda Waller based opinions.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Smallville casting Pam Grier as Waller was one of that show's few good calls in the later seasons.

This is the full extent of my Amanda Waller based opinions.

angela bassett had potential too. too bad it was in green lantern

KumaJG

Wait what why did Facebook by Oculus Rift? Makes no sense. FYI Ron Funches funny ass hell, just came from his show which is going to be live on comedy central.

J10

Banned
I saw all that money Facebook was throwin at niggas with bright ideas and thought, fuck, I hate billions of dollars!

akira28

The Wall doesn't exist to fit into popular fantasy trope slots. The Wall exists to be the living, breathing avatar of the mighty US Government. Big, scary, and unavoidably in your face.

Today was the 1st day of my 8 week English class. It really hits home how young a class is when we had to introduces ourselves and there were a lot of double majors like...

Music/Architect
Photography/radiology
Philosophy/Business Admin.

2011: entitled
2012: conflate (I still see this one a lot)
2013: ludonarrative dissonance (and the backlash against it)

Poe's law has popped up a lot lately.

Imm0rt4l

Today was the 1st day of my 8 week English class. It really hits home how young a class is when we had to introduces ourselves and there were a lot of double majors like...

Music/Architect
Photography/radiology

Trying to cover their bases I guess.

I hate cheating motherfuckers at black ops 2. Where they got two controllers and there killing essentially themselves for killstreaks. Fucking stupid.

Anyway I'm up and wanna play some shit with BCT so what's up?

whelp back from Tool concert. Had some of the oddest people near me. Behind me an ex heroin addict, to the side a snob claiming he knows 10 year olds who are as good as the band's drummer and complained anytime they went into a instrumental. the girl in front of me i was sure on acid and tripping out b/c of all the effects in the show

Music/Architect
Photography/radiology

Those are some broad bases.

well one of them clearly wants to take pictures of someone getting radiation treatment and make mad bank on shutterstock

Music/Architect
Photography/radiology

They better play the fuck out of their instrument, Architecture is suicide. Dodged such a huge bullet by dropping that, saved $120,000.

The Wall doesn't exist to fit into popular fantasy trope slots. The Wall exists to be the living, breathing avatar of the mighty US Government. Big, scary, and unavoidably in your face.

Exactly.

Amanda Waller is Florida Evans from Good Times crossed with Condaleeza Rice.

Bruce Wayne wanted to scare people, so he became the scariest thing he could think of - a bat. Amanda Waller wanted to scare people, so she became the scariest thing she could think of - the government.

And yeah, the fat black intimidating woman is a stereotype. But the Wall is a more three dimensional version of the archetype, melded with intelligence and motivation. She is not your momma, she is cold and sharp. And in a world of pretty and slim and white, she's a real force. It's a shame that DC changed her.

Slayven

Exactly.

Amanda Waller is Florida Evans from Good Times crossed with Condaleeza Rice.

Bruce Wayne wanted to scare people, so he became the scariest thing he could think of - a bat. Amanda Waller wanted to scare people, so she became the scariest thing she could think of - the government.

And yeah, the fat black intimidating woman is a stereotype. But the Wall is a more three dimensional version of the archetype, melded with intelligence and motivation. She is not your momma, she is cold and sharp. And in a world of pretty and slim and white, she's a real force. It's a shame that DC changed her.
She don't care if your ring comes from cracker jack, zales, or death it self.

tumblr_l09yurdfHO1qbxhb9o1_1280.jpg

BHZ Mayor

That Coon Train song has been stuck in my head ever since DY posted it.

Also, who's getting on that Popeyes 8 piece for $5.99 today? I might hit it up if lines aren't ridiculous.

Damn, that panel Slay just posted is badass.

Slayven

That Coon Train song has been stuck in my head ever since DY posted it.

Also, who's getting on that Popeyes 8 piece for $5.99 today? I might hit it up if lines aren't ridiculous.

Damn, that panel Slay just posted is badass.

She love putting folks in their place.

tumblr_lhz55weMTY1qf7xjao1_500.png

Top Bottom