• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Yea Southeners will have you looking at them with the side eye, if you're from somewhere like NY.

"Good morning!"

"Good morning? You trying to rob me or something? Ain't shit good."

East coast ain't use to that friendly shit.

Shit was corny as theee fuck. Why all Fan films have to dark and gritty? Is Frank miller the only fan?

I guess you gotta show that you aren't for kids anymore? If anything it just shows that you have no original ideas.
Yea Southeners will have you looking at them with the side eye, if you're from somewhere like NY.

"Good morning!"

I heard that pedestrians don't even follow stop lights in NY. Shit blew my mind when I was hearing stories from a NY FGC member.

AfroMW

Got carded for beer was told I looked 19.. #dontcrack

It can be very entertaining to see the look on their face once they learn how old you actually are, I was told I looked 16 one time. But I had shaved the beard off for my sister's wedding so they thought I was much younger.

Also how did the interview go?

Slayven

"Good morning!"

Up north folks always talk to me like it is prision up there. Don't speak to nobody, don't look anybody in the eye, you hear shit don't turn around just go, and above all else you do your own time.

I guess you gotta show that you aren't for kids anymore? If anything it just shows that you have no original ideas.
Truly does, like making an 8 bit looking indie game.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Hey guys check out this comedy vid I made about Mario. It's funny because it's dark and edgy and mushrooms=drugs.

Nakazato

It can be very entertaining to see the look on their face once they learn how old you actually are, I was told I looked 16 one time. But I had shaved the beard off for my sister's wedding so they thought I was much younger.

Also how did the interview go?
Interview is tomorrow. Stressed about it hopefully it goes well.

Slayven

Interview is tomorrow. Stressed about it hopefully it goes well.

tumblr_n1kqtd1gaK1ts10q9o1_500.jpg

J10

Banned
I've been in group interviews with entire groups of people dressed like that. And I didn't get those jobs.

Group interviews suck dick by the way.

RedSwirl

What the fuck?

There are times when I only leave my house once or twice a week. I went to the mall last week and saw that multiple stores had been closed, boarded up, renovated, and replaced all since the last time I'd been there. And I still think that OP is ridiculous.

Got carded for beer was told I looked 19.. #dontcrack

This is why I haven't not had a beard since I was 18. Without it I end up looking a good decade younger than I am. And sometimes the beard doesn't even help.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
You babyfaced bastards.

I havent been carded since I was fifteen. By that time my mustache was fully grown in lol.

i still struggle to grow facial hair. my younger cousin looks older than me, and i have 5 years on him

akira28

Popeyes. cars around the corner, blocking the entrance and the exit. Earlier the line was out the door. Apparently there was another deal going on where you could get a free gallon of the drink of your choice. Also you could have your choice of 8pc white meat, dark meat, or mixed. Popeyes did some business yesterday.

I wonder if it was a market test.

Popeyes. cars around the corner, blocking the entrance and the exit. Earlier the line was out the door. Apparently there was another deal going on where you could get a free gallon of the drink of your choice. Also you could have your choice of 8pc white meat, dark meat, or mixed. Popeyes did some business yesterday.

I wonder if it was a market test.

they've done something similar before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pyW6w5B7Aw

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's not worth the crowd and miserable employees. just pay more on a quieter day, enjoy the peace

Has anyone ever hung with somebody thats also on GAF? My boys on here I live near we get together and play random FG.
I went to college with a few Gaffers and chilled out with them. Most of them were big lurkers and shit though, but I did meet El Sloth who is part of Hispanic GAF lol

Furyous

The whole message board meetup thing is pretty awkward as one would imagine. It would be a unique experience.

Y'all seen the new TMNT trailer. I hope Michael Bay doesn't do us he like he did in Transformers 2 with the coon bots. I distinctly remember one of those saying to the effect of don't you know we can't read. I'm staying away from that movie until a respectable organization approves it. Til then it's getting the ground zeroes treatment aka fuck your sales on purpose.

Enzom21

Why do people complain about being too PC when what they're really complaining about is that they can't be assholes or use lazy stereotypes for humor.

That is one of the tools of the modern day racist. They'll use that or "you're playing the race card" or "everything is racist these days" or "it's just a joke" or "you see race in everything, maybe you're the real racist." They are used as a way to shift the blame onto the person being offended.

Onemic

The fact that certain people in Europe still try to hide behind "we never knew it was insensitive because it's a US thing) for doing something racist that's been a European thing for a long time now(monkey/banana references) is laughable to me. They really think they're fooling people with that bs.

The logic so far behind defending the cookie is understandable, but if people start defending the news clipping (which will happen given enough time), then just...smh.

Yea the cookie is understandable, Barry O is a basketball fan, if it was Bush it would be a baseball bat or Clinton with a sax. But that clipping is straight foul

The fact that certain people in Europe still try to hide behind "we never knew it was insensitive because it's a US thing) for doing something racist that's been a European thing for a long time now(monkey/banana references) is laughable to me. They really think they're fooling people with that bs.
That ticks me off so much. Happens with posters from non-southern states sometimes as well. Nobody is exempt from this shit.

Top Bottom