• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Kreed

Y'all seen the new TMNT trailer. I hope Michael Bay doesn't do us he like he did in Transformers 2 with the coon bots. I distinctly remember one of those saying to the effect of don't you know we can't read. I'm staying away from that movie until a respectable organization approves it. Til then it's getting the ground zeroes treatment aka fuck your sales on purpose.

Ignoring the Nigga Turtles, I already know Raphael is going to "sound black" since he's the one wearing the oversized du-rag.

Palabrah

ATL Gaf y'all got to the Varsity? Looks like a Gaffer nightmare.

You mean ever? Yeah. The food is delicious and greasy as fuck but the portions are LACKING ASS FUCK. It's for good ol' white people that like to sit there for hours ordering a ton of food. Onion rings are boss tho.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Soooo.... Naughty Dog threads sure get a rise out of a lot of people.

I do gotta say, although I'm not a fan, I can definitely say it is weird that people are leaving left and right.

KumaJG

Soooo.... Naughty Dog threads sure get a rise out of a lot of people.

I do gotta say, although I'm not a fan, I can definitely say it is weird that people are leaving left and right.

People leaving left and right happened at beginning of the PS3 era as well. Just didn't hear about it back then because social media was not big then.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Don't know the gaming industry well enough but it could be as simple as other companies poaching talent with much better contracts.

That's reasonable, and probably what's going on. I don't think there's something too bad going on since there's no hurt feelings coming out.

But hey, I'm not too familiar with the industry either so I can only wonder. *shrug*

Edit:

@kuma

With this going on, I'm kinda reminded of Inafune and the others that left Capcom. Is that what you're thinking about too?

I think it's such an honour to work at ND... and he leaves to work on Riot Games. Well. If it wasnt for his work on past Uncharted titles, I would say this is one of the most sassy examples of people who just cares about money and not about games.

Cant feel nothing but disappointed, with all those talents flying away from sony.

v1zsNX2.png

So much projection and hurt feelings.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
It's getting worse in there lol

I'm sticking around to see some updates, maybe somebody will touch on the subject more extensively.

Jeez, you would think the studio got set ablaze with some of the meltdowns going on. LOL

Slayven

Somes times I feel like I shouldn't be on Gaf, because I can't put that much faith, love, and time into games.

Am I a lesser nerd?

Gorillaz

Slay I remember you mentioning on the podcast about buying a game called "hyperdimension neptune" something

you fit in just fine bruh

yea he definitely said him shit that were basically riding on the coattails of other insiders/fake but he had a point on the whole layoff thing and that it's common

slay pls

Offer some kernels of truth and a bit of criticism so you seem more objective but in the end he's just faking being an insider for attention. And people are supplying that attention and validation.

Gorillaz

Job searching as well and been having troubles. I feel for you Naka
Offer some kernels of truth and a bit of criticism so you seem more objective but in the end he's just faking being an insider for attention. And people are supplying that attention and validation.

yea, I laughed it off after awhile,

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Didn't get job really upset. Just going to keep trying to find something

Sorry it didn't work out. You've got the right attitude tho, hopefully something will work out next time.

---

Spreading all that negativity in these threads. No wonder there's so many ready to throw in the towel. The negative nancies love to play on people's feelings and fears.

Still, some of these reactions are hilarious.

Gamers are drama whores quite honestly. For whatever reason they want controversy and intrigue instead of the most rational answer: you get a better paying job, more control, better environment or whatever else, most people go for it?

Like with OR what were the people who busted their ass making the thing supposed to do? Turn down billions?

Gamers are drama whores quite honestly. For whatever reason they want controversy and intrigue instead of the most rational answer: you get a better paying job, more control, better environment or whatever else, most people go for it?

Like with OR what were the people who busted their ass making the thing supposed to do? Turn down billions?

It's the principle of the thing! They're supposed to be making things for ME, not trying to earn money to better themselves!

Slayven

Didn't get job really upset. Just going to keep trying to find something
Keep your head up.

They suppose to do it because they love games.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
The people who demanded that they receive a share of the $2 billion because they backed it on Kickstarter were the best. lolnope

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
People forget these devs are real people with lives and needs. They go for the money and have their own pursuits. When a dev leaves, some people act like they've been personally betrayed and can't accept it, forget moving on - it's rage time!

Lawd lol

Top Bottom