• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

RP912

Banned
The more I read about the bullshit of the case, the more it's blowing my mind that dude is painted as a superhuman machine that will go out of his way to impale a cop with his cold bare hands.

Crocodile

It's been at least 15 years and I'm still salty over how Turner basically torpedoed SWAT KATS. That show was SWEET!

I've always noticed how shonen anime fans relationships to their favorite series is like a mixture of Stockholms Syndrome with a hint of console warrior-esque superiorty complexes.

Sunk cost fallacy. People have invested so much energy and emotions into those properties, especially during the times they are/were legit good, that they are cosigned to go down with the ship even if its been in flames for months :p

How come no one is saying Mike Brown might've been mentally ill like they do with other cases

You know why :p :/ :(

So apparently, Michael Brown = Ted Bundy and Timothy McVeigh.

Huh? Wut?

So apparently, Michael Brown = Ted Bundy and Timothy McVeigh.

And apparently he was charging at the cop now
tumblr_mcbha4sE771qlm50j.gif

Silky

Banned
I could...?

I just need to know everything I'm gonna need for the first post.

Or maybe I should get a year in here on GAF before I do it. (Making excuses because I'm nervous *sobs*)

Do what I did and copy everything from the previous OT, add an image to explain the OT title, get the who posted count, etc

It's literally copy/pasting everything into an OP (and make sure to post in in OT community and not OT)

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Oh okay! I want to use that picture we've been trolling the last few pages with in it. Even if I don't do this, we should still vote for who's was best and have it on the first page. Anyone else agree?

Mumei

Man, fuck this Brolic Gaoler in the Ferguson thread. I'm thinking about hiring Jado to light his ass up.

Let's not.

I understand the frustration with certain posters, but we're ambivalent - at best - about the practice of "exposing" people. I know it may have given you the wrong impression after seeing speedline banned, but he was already on a perm warning for precisely the behavior that Jado pointed out. I can't think of an occasion where someone has been 'exposed' and it wasn't already a matter of record in that person's moderation record. A PM would have sufficed, and honestly that's what we would have preferred.

Of course, now you won't need to PM anyone because I have made it clear that I've seen the post.

Imm0rt4l

Man, fuck this Brolic Gaoler in the Ferguson thread. I'm thinking about hiring Jado to light his ass up.

As his name implies he's in law enforcement, so no surprise there really. I haven't read his posts in ferguson thread, but he's cool in fitgaf and stuff not politics related, to me anyways.

Imm0rt4l

I've never liked how law enforcement officers treat their career/peers as some sort of fraternity. It's why police are the biggest gang in the US, and I've had to check people on my fb feed for coming to the defense of officers that they don't even fucking know.

Let's not.

I understand the frustration with certain posters, but we're ambivalent - at best - about the practice of "exposing" people. I know it may have given you the wrong impression after seeing speedline banned, but he was already on a perm warning for precisely the behavior that Jado pointed out. I can't think of an occasion where someone has been 'exposed' and it wasn't already a matter of record in that person's moderation record. A PM would have sufficed, and honestly that's what we would have preferred.

Of course, now you won't need to PM anyone because I have made it clear that I've seen the post.

I was joking about getting Jado involved, but why is exposing bad posters frowned upon in general? Maybe it isn't useful for moderation, but it seems useful for the community to realize what kind of posters we have here.

someday

Banned
Let's not.

I always see those posts as more to show the rest of the posters in the thread that the person has an agenda or bias rather than to show the mods. Also it seems to let the poster in question see the sum of their opinions and maybe get a reality check.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I was joking about getting Jado involved, but why is exposing bad posters frowned upon in general? Maybe it isn't useful for moderation, but it seems useful for the community to realize what kind of posters we have here.

It isn't always used for good, from what I've seen. edit: Word to Gary Whitta

Once he stated that he naturally defers to authority, my beef with him went out the window. I just wrote him off on those subjects.

Only need to reply to him to dispute misinformation. Otherwise, that's not a person to can have a discussion with. He's on one side and that's not changing. Happens to coworkers all the time, where I just decide not to talk to them about certain subjects. Decent people, who I just can't talk to about some things.

Jado

Banned
Let's not.

Yeah, this. I'm not trying to make it into a regular thing. I uninstalled Chrome from my phone again so I won't stay up doing that any time soon (sleep problems and easily get extremely absorbed into what I'm doing).

I know the mods keep careful track of trouble-makers
that's why so many post in BCT aka Over-policed Hood
. I only did it to expose the general non-BCT GAF public to the true nature of specific users who pass themselves off as sincere when they're really just racists wasting everyone's time.

I was making a thread on how I think people are utterly naive if they think things will "change" after this Ferguson incident. Pulled some quotes from the book "The New Jim Crow" as well as some statistics, and even the number of race related riots that have taken place in America. I ended up writing about a page and a half in Google docs (single space size 10 font) before I stopped and closed the program. I didn't see the point.

sigh.

JohnDoe

Banned
I was making a thread on how I think people are utterly naive if they think things will "change" after this Ferguson incident. Pulled some quotes from the book "The New Jim Crow" as well as some statistics, and even the number of race related riots that have taken place in America. I ended up writing about a page and a half in Google docs (single space size 10 font) before I stopped and closed the program. I didn't see the point.

sigh.

Lmao, I've done this so often man, it's sad.
Now I just don't give a shit, haven't even read the discussions on the Ferguson thread because I already know what the posts are like.

Mumei

Yeah, this. I'm not trying to make it into a regular thing. I uninstalled Chrome from my phone again so I won't stay up doing that any time soon (sleep problems and easily get extremely absorbed into what I'm doing).

I know the mods keep careful track of trouble-makers
that's why so many post in BCT aka Over-policed Hood
. I only did it to expose the general non-BCT GAF public to the true nature of specific users who pass themselves off as sincere when they're really just racists wasting everyone's time.

Bitch, we post here because we like you.

:(

sigh.

nnnnnnnnnnnn whyyyy

Did you save it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom