• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

So I was Youtube looking for stuff on Ferguson and I got a video from a guy named Tommy Sotomayor. I thought it was a news report, but he added commentary at the end. So it seems he gets views from videos labeled like news reports. I then got a whole bunch of his recommended videos.

So this guys is black but he has whole channels, with a lot of subscribers, basically hating on black people, especially black women.

I was surprised, and he's just cherry picking the worst mainstream media news reports about black violence and misbehavior. It was just unreal. I didn't think a real life Uncle Ruckus's existed on Youtube lol.

Do you really other ethnicities doing this? Highlighting the worse of their community? He has a lot of subscribers too. Pretty sad.

Swat Cats
still dope

Centurions or Captain Power?

Captain Power looked so dope :( Only got it on Univision on Saturday mornings though and I couldn't understand a lick of espanol as a babby.
captain power all fuckin day
You old as hell lol. I am only 24

Let understand something, Tiny Toon Adventures / Animanics / Scooby Doo >>>> All your favorite shows

only animaniacs makes the cut, also VR troopers was struggle as hell, they introduced this shit down here when when a power rangers season ended shit only lasted 1 season before they said fuckit lets find another show for the kids

cdyhybrid

Ya'll remember that T-Rex cartoon?

W5rTE4W.jpg

So they found an old rifle at my Grandmas house that's been there for probably 25+ years and they don't remember who's it was or why it's there. They want to bring it into the Police station but are worried about the whole process and aren't trynna get anybody arrested over some stupid shit.

What should we do?

So they found an old rifle at my Grandmas house that's been there for probably 25+ years and they don't remember who's it was or why it's there. They want to bring it into the Police station but are worried about the whole process and aren't trynna get anybody arrested over some stupid shit.

What should we do?

Get some white people to bring it in instead.

Know how I know Naruto is garbage and has delusional fans? They're in the Naruto thread shitting on One Piece, the only manga of the big three actually worth a damn.
I've always noticed how shonen anime fans relationships to their favorite series is like a mixture of Stockholms Syndrome with a hint of console warrior-esque superiorty complexes.

Jado

Banned
Damn old heads in this piece.

I'm 29 :/

all I know is...

Super Human Samurai Cyber Squad>>>>>>VR Troopers

Everyone knows this. Every kid in elementary school was talking about that epic showdown between Servo and Kilokahn. With good reason. Years of stuff like TMNT and Power Rangers never giving us that "FINAL BOSS" moment and this show did it in like a few dozen episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfsZs57EoH4

There were more episodes after this, but using recycled footage. The one above is the actual last fight.

Servo_vs._Kilokahn.jpg

GoldenBuddha

Neo Member
Long-time GAF lurker (6 years) new to the Community threads. Thought I should introduce myself before adding my opinions

Where you're from - Chicago, IL
Where you live - Atlanta, GA

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Black, Boricua (Puerto Rican) : both parents half black, half PR

Do you know your roots - Somewhat. Lot of weird family history of my mother's side passing as white, etc. Not very knowledgeable of dad's side.

Age - 33

Favorite musical genre - Hip Hop, Metal, Salsa, (some) Reggaeton, R&B, 80's pop, electro

Your profession/major/career interest -Double major Philosophy/English (never finished unfortunately) Currently work for a small IT company and doing some site contributions on the side

Your religious affiliation - Grew up and was christened in the Lutheran church

Hobbies - Video games, Writing, Music, Film,History, Comic Books, and firearms

Popeyes or KFC - Popeyes. Any different answer is unacceptable. And I come from the land of Harold's Chicken.

New family welcome. As a new member myself *snicker* I find it cool we have new blood especially after the tragic loss of Rio something or other......

Family hopefully I have better news on Wednesday.

And I had Panda Khan who was the shit.

RP912

Banned
Everyone knows this. Every kid in elementary school was talking about that epic showdown between Servo and Kilokahn. With good reason. Years of stuff like TMNT and Power Rangers never giving us that "FINAL BOSS" moment and this show did it in like a few dozen episodes.

There were more episodes after this, but using recycled footage. The one above is the actual last fight.

Servo_vs._Kilokahn.jpg

Wow I missed out on this. I'm going to binge on these episodes tomorrow. Show was slept on around my part.

KumaJG

Servo_vs._Kilokahn.jpg

This remind of the show The Guyver (whatever it called). Love that show.

Book of Eli is the BCT goat breh

Not The Players Club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom