• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
ELBg2KO.jpg

Banner by Honorable Sister Devolution

"Black on black crime is real. Just look at BCT killing me".
BvR7rIjIQAAvRkK.jpg

---

Welcome to the BCT. Where everything from Little Caesars to 'what's hot on the streets' is up for debate. First off, we'd just want to thank everyone that has made a contribution to this thread, community, or across the forums in one of the many race-related threads in the past or plans to do so in the future. Its not easy and I know it gets old, but its appreciated and necessary. Next, this isn't a "Blacks Only" spot by any means. Any and all are free to hop in. Consider it open mic. All are welcome to keep it real.

The icebreaker from Honorable Big Brother Himuro is still a great way for new members, lurkers, and juniors to take the first step to contributing to the discussion(s) as a whole.

Where you're from-
Where you live-
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy-
Do you know your roots-
Your Age-
Favorite musical genre-
Your profession/major/career interest-
Your religious affiliation-
Hobbies-

Also be ready to answer the age-old question, KFC or Popeyes.

Let us begin with Naturals Law, ratified by the Black Council in 2011.

Natural's Law - is a humorous observation made by GAF poster MWS Natural in 2011 which is becoming an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving black people approaches 1. In other words, Natural put forth the hyperbolic observation that, given enough time, in any online discussion regarding any form of conflict someone inevitably criticizes some point made in the discussion by comparing it to discrimination faced by blacks.

BvNV0wBIcAET97L.jpg:large

Everyone wants to be black. There's nothing more punk rock on Earth than being black. We stroll in, all muscle and sinew and cocoa, fucking the game up like dirty edge connectors. We laugh loud and speak bold and emit "I-just-don't-give-a-fuck" with every movement. We have been scrutinized and analyzed in every conceivable way, and still we are mysterious and exotic right down to the kink of our hair to those - surprising, still numerous - people who haven't been in contact with us before. We've created the rhythm and the blues, the rock and the roll, the hip and the hop. We brought in the noise and the funk. We put the soul in food, and pretty much everything else too. We built your pyramids, and we leap over them with our seemingly impossible collective athleticism, borne of mountains, jungles and plains that many of us still live in all across the world. Everyone wants to be black.

No one wants to be black. There's nothing more terrifying than the knowledge that we exist in every way but individually to everyone - even other black people. We can never be judged by our own merits; we carry the weight of the race's progression with every step into the future like Atlas, and even he shrugged...but we can't, because it's considered weak and selling out if we do. Every bit of slang, every bit of clothing that sits the wrong way, every head nod and hand gesture can and will be taken in the wrong way, a universal "there-goes-the-neighborhood" by everyone that can do so, which basically consists of everyone that doesn't want the social association with black people. That group, naturally, consists of everyone that is able to pass as "non-black". We live in a world where we were kings until we were cattle, and then we were weapons, and then we were like aphids, sprouting up where we weren't wanted, corrupting non-black youth, and the reason for everything from crime to lowered test scores or property value. Nobody wants to be black.

My blackness offends infinitely.
I want to be black.

Also, I'm just not going to address the topic. I'm just going to sit back and watch. I wouldn't say we are universally reviled; it just seems that way sometimes.

-------------------------------------------------------
The IRC chatroom is up and running, just PM someone for the info.
-------------------------------------------------------

Honorable Brother MorisUkunRasik has started up BCT's Official Podcast "So Well Spoken." (Updated regularly)
http://www.sowellspoken.com/
F6V4vUJ.jpg

Logo by Honorable Sister Devolution

We also have top secret operations being conducted around the world.

Results of OT7

I won't be top poster in thsi one.

oxZKOse.jpg

yG2uFLU.png

rSpO2Nq.jpg

This contribution is from Brother Harson.

S3Vvo2R.gif

This contribution is from Brother Riovane.

Slayven about to top ANOTHER OT.

EDIT: Also, I think this quote should be put back into the OP:
Everyone wants to be black. There's nothing more punk rock on Earth than being black. We stroll in, all muscle and sinew and cocoa, fucking the game up like dirty edge connectors. We laugh loud and speak bold and emit "I-just-don't-give-a-fuck" with every movement. We have been scrutinized and analyzed in every conceivable way, and still we are mysterious and exotic right down to the kink of our hair to those - surprising, still numerous - people who haven't been in contact with us before. We've created the rhythm and the blues, the rock and the roll, the hip and the hop. We brought in the noise and the funk. We put the soul in food, and pretty much everything else too. We built your pyramids, and we leap over them with our seemingly impossible collective athleticism, borne of mountains, jungles and plains that many of us still live in all across the world. Everyone wants to be black.

No one wants to be black. There's nothing more terrifying than the knowledge that we exist in every way but individually to everyone - even other black people. We can never be judged by our own merits; we carry the weight of the race's progression with every step into the future like Atlas, and even he shrugged...but we can't, because it's considered weak and selling out if we do. Every bit of slang, every bit of clothing that sits the wrong way, every head nod and hand gesture can and will be taken in the wrong way, a universal "there-goes-the-neighborhood" by everyone that can do so, which basically consists of everyone that doesn't want the social association with black people. That group, naturally, consists of everyone that is able to pass as "non-black". We live in a world where we were kings until we were cattle, and then we were weapons, and then we were like aphids, sprouting up where we weren't wanted, corrupting non-black youth, and the reason for everything from crime to lowered test scores or property value. Nobody wants to be black.

My blackness offends infinitely.
I want to be black.

Also, I'm just not going to address the topic. I'm just going to sit back and watch. I wouldn't say we are universally reviled; it just seems that way sometimes.

Crossposting from OT7 because I didn't realize this one was already up.

I can't speak for any other mod, but that's not why I post in the BCT. I post in the BCT because I like it. I came here originally for the same reason I've lurked TransGAF, GayGAF, and GirlGAF, because I'm interested in making things better for our minority groups, and I wanted to listen directly to the source.

But I don't post on the regular in any of those other threads, because they bore me. BCT has comics, Popeye's, funny GIFs, Slayven ain't shit, Alligatorjandro is a horse, etc.

So, if you think I'm here to "keep an eye on you" you're wrong. Simple as that.

I'm in the same boat. I frequent / lurk a bunch of threads including but not limited to Halo OTs, SmashGAF, LGBThread, etc. but blackgaf is one of the only ones that's really drawn me in. Everything's a lot more chill here, for starters.

Revise the KFC/Popeyes question to make it fairer:

Popeyes at full price or free KFC?

Popeyes is cheap as hell for the quality. Hell, Popeye's menu could probably double in price and I'd still go for it over KFC.

Mortemis

Banned
First OT I'll be here since the beginning. I made it brehs.

Also I'm still waiting on a newbie to come and say KFC just to see what y'all would do.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I wish i had the time to be top poster again.

First OT I'll be here since the beginning. I made it brehs.

Also I'm still waiting on a newbie to come and say KFC just to see what y'all would do.

Nothing. Spin will roll in with the congrats though.

Sugar on grits though is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom