• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

KumaJG

(stupid post i made)

BvWj9G-IAAAwtc4.jpg

deli2000

Just to clarify again, i wasn't saying i hate the idea of blackness. I was ranting about the social consequences thrust on you by being black but worded it awfully. apologies

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I just want to shout out Jado.

If you racist and post on GAF just know.... He has a set of skills that are your worse nightmare, he will find you, collect your post, and get banned.

Silky

Banned
Just to clarify again, i wasn't saying i hate the idea of blackness. I was ranting about the social consequences thrust on you by being black but worded it awfully. apologies

I thought you were on some uncle ruckus shit for a second

Zeus Molecules

How much style did Young Bill Cosby have?

Bill Cosby was cool as fuck. Rick Ross and James Harden still can't fuck with bill Cosby's beard game. I just think after his son's murder and his "daughter's" extortion attempt he became a bitter man. If you look at the stuff he did in his youth it was all love. Now its just abrasive.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Haha! That guy with the phone made it into the OP!

We didn't get to vote on which was our favorite so I picked one I thought would work with the OT (too many did so I flipped a coin LOL)

He's one of the funniest things to happen to us haha

Great job on the new OT, ishi!

Thanks so much! :D

Need to add the Slayven quote to the OP about him saying he wouldn't be the #1 poster in the last OT.

I'll have to find it, but I'll add it (and the picture that follows) as soon as I do.

Nobody is gonna beat Slay tho hahaha

Am I a piece of shit for responding to a text saying, "hey I'm going to challenge you to the ice bucket challenge, fyi" with "cool, not doing it or donating though."

Not making my giving decisions based off of who has the best PR campaign.

Zeus Molecules

Am I a piece of shit for responding to a text saying, "hey I'm going to challenge you to the ice bucket challenge, fyi" with "cool, not doing it or donating though."

At this point I am 100% sure most people are not donating shit but doing it like they did the Harlem shake, planking, or all those other internet fads. Its becoming a basic bitch trend (IE if they jump off the bridge I have to too or I'm missing out).

Jado

Banned

You did the right thing. Contribute/partake in whatever causes you personally like and believe in, not due to peer pressure and what's hot on Twitter all of a sudden.

At this point I am 100% sure most people are not donating shit but doing it like they did the Harlem shake, planking, or all those other internet fads. Its becoming a basic bitch trend (IE if they jump off the bridge I have to too or I'm missing out).

You did the right thing. Contribute/partake in whatever causes you personally like and believe in, not due to peer pressure and what's hot on Twitter all of a sudden.

Awe, BCT. Keeping it real, why I love it here.

I'm glad ALS is getting the word out, but I guess it's not a campaign I'd normally donate to, so I'm not sure why I pour a bucket of ice over myself.

That's polar bear shit. And those people are crazy.

g-polar-bear-plunge-snow-covered-beach.jpg

Jado

Banned
I'm on Shippuden season 1 with Naruto and Co. rescuing Gaara from the Akatsuki.

Why is Neji, a skilled Jonin, running around with two Chunnin under goofy Guy. Tsunade gave Shikamaru, a rookie 13-year old Chunin, his own team for a very dangerous mission. Why is Neji already getting that jobber status? Nearly whupped by a dumb clone.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
1. She flat as shit, I don't even think she would qualify for the South Korean Asia contest

2. Didn't she say she wasn't doing the "urban" thing?

She's doing the whatever sales thing. I give her some credit, she's about as upfront about that shit as you can get.

Why is Neji, a skilled Jonin, running around with two Chunnin under goofy Guy. Tsunade gave Shikamaru, a rookie 13-year old Chunin, his own team for a very dangerous mission. Why is Neji already getting that jobber status? Nearly whupped by a dumb clone.

Because Neji's boring, and Shikamaru got that charisma.

KumaJG

Welcome to Naruto

BvWj9G-IAAAwtc4.jpg

Shikamaru a prodigy. I forgot what fight it was explained in vanilla Naruto.

Jado

Banned
Because Neji's boring, and Shikamaru got that charisma.

I dunno about charisma, but Shikamaru was a boring background character too.

It's quite subtle, but his appearance was re-designed when he became Chunin to make him look older, tougher and more interesting.

Silky

Banned

Something something prodigy or whatever

No.

But have you truly tried them, or have you been accosted by people throwing watery grits with sugar at you?

I've had only grits made by white people, if that's what you're asking.

It really weirds me out now how little white people season their food. I'm constantly downing stuff in lime juice, tabasco and spices even at the house. I never really put it together until my boyfriend made spaghetti once for himself, a couple of friends and I and it was really well-seasoned. By contrast, spaghetti at our house is usually just the sauce, noodles and beef or turkey.

I hope your kid had a good first day breh

Naruto manga, great ninja war spoiler
Man, when Neiji died doing some fuckboy shit and Kishimoto couldn't even make it look cool so he had to have Naruto say "wow, Neiji is so incredible." Dude just hated Neiji.

It really weirds me out now how little white people season their food. I'm constantly downing stuff in lime juice, tabasco and spices even at the house. I never really put it together until my boyfriend made spaghetti once for himself, a couple of friends and I and it was really well-seasoned. By contrast, spaghetti at our house is usually just the sauce, noodles and beef or turkey.

Haha, no. Sugar in grits is just the cause for the greatest division within our ranks.

You're right about seasoning in them though. My favorite way to eat grits is with something a big spicy and/or salty. So I'm all about shrimp, jalapeño and cheddar grits. Or just grits accompanied with some eggs and cheese.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I dunno about charisma, but Shikamaru was a boring background character too.

It's quite subtle, but his appearance was re-designed when he became Chunin to make him look older, tougher and more interesting.

In the original series, the majority of Neji's character was just, 'I am good at stuff.' Shikamaru stood out because he was the disinterested, almost humor character, but he was the one who got his team together and got them to perform. Basically proving that he was a born leader when he was forced into the position where as Neji always seemed more concerned with his own standing.

Shikamaru's one of the few characters in that series that I was really into.

Jado

Banned
That's a pretty huge spoiler I haven't reached yet. I did read about it online so I'm not mad or anything.

Anyway, so it seems like "no logic" is the answer to my question.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Man, when Neiji died doing some fuckboy shit and Kishimoto couldn't even make it look cool so he had to have Naruto say "wow, Neiji is so incredible." Dude just hated Neiji.

Spoilers so I don't ruin anything for Jado.

Really. Neji was my favorite, next to Gaara. Kishimoto ruined them both when Naruto talk no jutsu'd them. But the way Neji's death happened was so wack.

Mortemis

Banned

Did the dude writing it expect people to get sad or something? Like characters dying has been a joke to me the moment that the writer decided to
bring everyone that died fighting pain back to life.

Jado

Banned

I hope your kid had a good first day breh

It's a universal thing. My hispanic culture uses a lot of flavorful seasoning. My girlfriend's uses hot spices. American food is just incredibly bland in comparison, even versions of latin dishes, to the point of sometimes tasting quite bad. It's weird.

KumaJG

That's a pretty huge spoiler I haven't reached yet. I did read about it online so I'm not mad or anything.

Anyway, so it seems like "no logic" is the answer to my question.

Kishimoto tried make him the "if only he put a little effort" type of character. Ever since he was a child he was always a prodigy / master tactician.

Spoilers so I don't ruin anything for Jado.

Really. Neji was my favorite, next to Gaara. Kishimoto ruined them both when Naruto talk no jutsu'd them. But the way Neji's death happened was so wack.

Talk no jutsu sooooo bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom