• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Man I can't stop laughing at that guy who tried to sound cool by telling Obama not to touch his girlfriend.

Sou Da

I got some good news and some very bad news for you guys, but I'm waiting for someone to make a thread about it to soften the blow.

Infinite

I was talking to my mom about gentrification since bed stuy, our neighborhood, is being gentrified and she literally said "we is our own worse enemy" on the matter. I felt so rude but I started laughing.

Slayven

I never filled this out.

Where you're from- Saint Louis, MO
Where you live- Saint Louis, MO

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- African American, something else on my fathers side blended into me.

Do you know your roots- I honestly forgot which tribe my mothers side is from in Africa. My fathers side is interesting. His grandfather or grandmother was most likely white, my grandmother on my fathers side is black. My mom and dad just started ancestry.com to help find out what happened to many of their family members, interesting shit.

Your Age- 19

Favorite musical genre- Jazz-Hop - Dream-Pop - Rap/Hip-Hop - Folk. I don't really know.

Your profession/major/career interest- Graphic design or computer science

Your religious affiliation- ??? I don't really follow a god, though I like the principles of many different religions. I'm probably Agnostic, not really sure, don't really care.

Hobbies- I love cars, art, traveling (I can travel the U.S for free :p) photography.
Welcome, you from the same city as hip hop visionary Nelly

royalan

OB9ffRF.gif

Damn, OT8 lasted what? A month?

Imm0rt4l

Any of ya'll been watching The Knick? Dr. Edwards is probably one of my favorite characters on television this year.

I got some good news and some very bad news for you guys, but I'm waiting for someone to make a thread about it to soften the blow.

I hate cryptic posts

I'll take a guess

"Racism has officially been declared bad, but calling someone racist is now punishable with jail time"

"Being right on the internet is now a laudable goal"

"Melanin found to have aphrodisiac properties, is now a controlled substance"

Sunny K.

Banned
Hey guys,

Where you're from- I was born in India.
Where you live- Raised and still live in California.
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Indian.
Do you know your roots- Not really.
Your Age- 21 next month.
Favorite musical genre- Honestly, I dont have a favorite just listen to whatever reflects my current mood, so basically everything.
Your profession/major/career interest- College student, no major yet though.
Your religious affiliation- Atheist.....Hindu if family is asking.
Hobbies- Gaming, watching movies, playing games, etc.

KumaJG

I was under the impression James Wood was someone else *shrugs*.

Diane Kruger my German angel. No four letter word can describe what I have for her in my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom