• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

shingi70

Banned
I'm hoping the Cyborg spinoff doesn't happen because that actor don't need that stank on his resume

this is how i know you don't shop at Hot Topic

Unless the actor makes a good Cyborg movie. Cyborg is the one movie I want to see made more than actual characters I like more. Dudes such an interesting character and world that those who think he's boring honestly just have little imagination.

D i Z

Unless the actor makes a good Cyborg movie. Cyborg is the one movie I want to see made more than actual characters I like more. Dudes such an interesting character and world that those who think he's boring honestly just have little imagination.

Oooooooo I smell a challenge. You're gonna have to back this one up, especially for this crowd.

shingi70

Banned
Oooooooo I smell a challenge. You're gonna have to back this one up, especially for this crowd.

Ignoring the easy is he man or machine story. I think there is an interesting story to tell about Cyborg regarding the fact that he's a disabled Black Man living in Detroit in 2017. Something along the lines of the original robocop would rock.

I'll probably write something longer on it tomorrow morning.

D i Z

Ignoring the easy is he man or machine story. I think there is an interesting story to tell about Cyborg regarding the fact that he's a disabled Black Man living in Detroit in 2017. Something along the lines of the original robocop would rock.

Cool. Have a good night yo. But when you get back, tell us what stories that actually exist that we should look to for Cyborg being a good character.

LionPride

Banned

What stories exist where Cyborg isn't boring

Please

Slayven

I don't think you will see any big movement on Cyborg until Black Panther comes out. BP comes out and does gangbusters sudden;y DC gets woke

LotusHD

Banned
Cool. Have a good night yo. But when you get back, tell us what stories that actually exist that we should look to for Cyborg being a good character.

tumblr_nhkjmgvQ8L1s7oxg6o1_400.gif

shingi70

Banned

What stories exist where Cyborg isn't boring

Please

I'm partial to the work done earlier in the current run, With Cybirg getting to learn more about Detroit and dealing with other people in the disabled community.

Cyborg is a great assemble character, him being the elderstatesmen of the Titans just works.

Beyond that changing his movie to Cyborg and the Titans just makes sense.

Malyse

I'll probably never get the immense love for Harley Quinn.

I like her. She's a character with a lot of storytelling potential tbqh. Hero or villain, crazy or manipulative, wildcard or tactical, genius or dummy. She's almost a chameleon with the way she can put on so many masks. And her and Ivy are stupidly cute together. That being said, I sure as fuck don't like her as much as I like Wonder Woman and the fact that Harley is in at least four upcoming movies in oppose to Diana's two will never not upset me.

But truth be told, I'd rather have a Mother Panic film than anything else.

LotusHD

Banned
I like her. She's a character with a lot of storytelling potential tbqh. Hero or villain, crazy or manipulative, wildcard or tactical, genius or dummy. She's almost a chameleon with the way she can put on so many masks. And her and Ivy are stupidly cute together. That being said, I sure as fuck don't like her as much as I like Wonder Woman and the fact that Harley is in at least four upcoming movies in oppose to Diana's two will never not upset me.

But truth be told, I'd rather have a Mother Panic film than anything else.

Nah, I get why people like her, I just don't get why she of all characters is one of the most popular ones. Every time I'm reminded of her crazy popularity, I'm like... Damn.

Village

Which is the good character design? All of them, or the one I know from the Animated series?

... Kind of all of them

Like every single harley designs, except for some of the arkham ones, kind of hit it out of the park for a lot of folks

The most recent popular one is the suicide squad one, before that it was this

This is from a children cartoon aimed at young girls, her character design and character is so versitile, she can just be sold to younger children. Much, much younger children.

So the answer, most of her character designs are good. Not quite all of them, but most of em

shingi70

Banned
Her designs are hit and miss. Most popular one is still the Original. Her initial New52 outfit was garbage, and so was the Suicide Squad outfit.

Were they. Her new 52 outfit made sense for what Harley Quinn would like in a post Warped Tor world. It's excatly what someone obsessed with the Joker would look like.

I think most people loved the movie costume. My person all favorite is the current roller derby styled costume from the comics.

Were they. Her new 52 outfit made sense for what Harley Quinn would like in a post Warped Tor world. It's excatly what someone obsessed with the Joker would look like.

I think most people loved the movie costume. My person all favorite is the current roller derby styled costume from the comics.

It took some time for me to appreciate the design.

Johndoey

Banned

I mean I'm speaking to my own opinions on the outfits, so yes. If i was trying to comment on general consensus you'd know.

That Marvel Netflix graphic is pretty accurate since all of the shows related to IF suck ass...just like IF

My favorite Harley design is her Arkham Knight one.

Top Bottom