• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Shy

Went on another interview today and got another job offer. So now I have three job offers. Not sure what to do. I got one at this clothing store that pays only $8.50 an hour, the one out of town that's black owned, but I'm not sure how much I would get paid, but she says it will be more than $9 an hour, and the one I just got offered at a drug store is $15 an hour, but I'll be the only black person there.

The one out of town said I could do some work for her from home until I can move down there. I am tired of NC so I really want to go with that one, but this drug store is tempting, though I'd have walk kind of far for it since the bus doesn't go out that far. I'm tempted to see if I could do the drug store and the black owned one. What do you think?
Umm.

I'd say take the Drugstore one, as it's the highest paying job.

But as you said, you're tired of where you're living and want to move.

What work is involved in the out of town job. The reason i ask, is it could be too much of a workload to juggle that and the drugstore at the same time, even for a short period.

Sorry i can't give you better advice.
What the fuck is Rick and Morty even?
An excellent TV show.

Umm.

I'd say take the Drugstore one, as it's the highest paying job.

But as you said, you're tired of where you're living and want to move.

What work is involved in the out of town job. The reason i ask, is it could be too much of a workload to juggle that and the drugstore at the same time, even for a short period.

Like web design and stuff.

Shy

Like web design and stuff.
Ahhh.

I'd say ask Sch1sm. Because she works (or worked, can't remember) in a drugstore. So she could give you a better idea how much of a workload you'd be under. So you could better assess if you could do both.

Because if you're gonna working very long hours, it's going to be hard to do creative work if you're too tired.
The end is near!!!!

Hug your loved ones now. Time ain't on our side anymore!!!!
The apocalypse has never looked more adorable.

LionPride

Banned
So say I have a friend

Said friend wants to go 22 miles away and fuck an unattractive, 26 year old mom who looks like she carries STDs and will kill

Her bio is awful

Harson halp

Johndoey

Banned
So say I have a friend

Said friend wants to go 22 miles away and fuck an unattractive, 26 year old mom who looks like she carries STDs and will kill

Her bio is awful

Harson halp
Only like a 20% chance of getting murdered, I'd say go for it.
Fortune favors the bold.

Johndoey

Banned
TWENTY?!?!?

THE WOMAN ALSO DOESN'T HAVE A CAR, A CONVIENT DETAIL MY FRIEND LEFT OUT
I mean if he has to pick her, drive to a place, fuck, then drop her back off, then no don't do it. Not worth the hassle or potential complications.

Because at that point you've gotten to a level of involvement too deep for a one off hook up.

Slayven

I had a fuckboi post written out but it ain't worth it.

Just tell your friend not to do it.

Now I imagining Obama trying to talk his fuckboi homeboy out of some bullshit.

"Now Rahm....."

hmm, one likes it the other doesn't. hmm.

Anyway why the fuck is Starfire Mahou Senshi transformation moe moe kyun kyuning it?
I Watched my first Teen titans and I didn't expect that.

I am talking about the new Joker and Harley romantic comedy DC just announced

Johndoey

Banned
Jesus Christ if you suddenly pass out for the first time and then discover your having short term memory problems just go the fucking ER or at least a clinic something more than ask an internet forum.

Mizerman

Jesus Christ if you suddenly pass out for the first time and then discover your having short term memory problems just go the fucking ER or at least a clinic something more than ask an internet forum.

"GAF, my nose is bleeding constantly and I have headaches. Should I stay online or go to the hospital?"

TWENTY?!?!?

THE WOMAN ALSO DOESN'T HAVE A CAR, A CONVIENT DETAIL MY FRIEND LEFT OUT

Tell your friend to say "hell no."

LionPride

Banned
I mean if he has to pick her, drive to a place, fuck, then drop her back off, then no don't do it. Not worth the hassle or potential complications.

Because at that point you've gotten to a level of involvement too deep for a one off hook up.
HE WAS GONNA GET A RIDE OUT THERE BECAUSE HE DIDN'T PAY FOR HIS CAR PERMIT

IT WAS A CACOPHONY OF POOR DECISION MAKING

Johndoey

Banned
I'll probably never get the immense love for Harley Quinn.

She's like Superman, you can do interesting things with what's there, but most writers don't make the effort. Like she's supposed to be a talented psychologist. Not that you see that too often.
--
The characters popularity is weird, it's a combination of sex appeal, the bubbly personality, and actual approachable moments of human drama you can get with her. Besides it's not like there are a ton of female Batman characters recognizable to the mainstream. It's Quinn, maybe Batgirl, maybe Poison Ivy. Dini and Timm liked the character so she kept popping up in Btas, the cosplay scene never gets enough credit for helping to keep characters relevant.

I read the first volume of Alias. I liked it a lot, just thought the Malcolm character was annoying. Speaking of him I didn't realize he was a totally different character in this. He was a teenage white boy who was pretty weird. They kept him barging into her office in the show, but he is definitely better in the Netflix show. This little boy did nothing for me and Jessica needs to tell someone to get his ass.

It's funny I was reading it in Krysten Ritter's voice and I can see what you got beef with Carol for. I only saw a little bit of her in Ms. Marvel and she was just okay, but she was acting like a butt in this. Also when they were having lunch I was reading Carol's lines in Trish's voice. Her personality seemed more like hers in that scene. Oh my gosh at Luke in this. I don't like his haircut, but lol at the part where she comes to his apartment late at night.

"Damn woman, I'll hook up with you later." Jessica is put out as his sidechick.

I'm waiting for the other volumes to show up at the library so I can read the rest.

NoName999

Fucking disgusting. Jury Refuses To Convict Bundy Ranch Standoff Members

A federal jury in Las Vegas refused Tuesday to convict four defendants who were retried on accusations that they threatened and assaulted federal agents by wielding assault weapons in a 2014 confrontation to stop a cattle roundup near the Nevada ranch of states' rights figure Cliven Bundy.

In a stunning setback to federal prosecutors planning to try the Bundy family patriarch and two adult sons later this year, the jury acquitted Ricky Lovelien and Steven Stewart of all 10 charges, and delivered not-guilty findings on most charges against Scott Drexler and Eric Parker.

More than 30 defendants' supporters in the courtroom broke into applause after Chief U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro ordered Lovelien and Stewart freed immediately and set Wednesday morning hearings to decide if Parker and Drexler should remain jailed pending a government decision whether to seek a third trial.

"Random people off the streets, these jurors, they told the government again that we're not going to put up with tyranny," said a John Lamb, a Montana resident who attended almost all the five weeks of trial, which began with jury selection July 10.
White privilege

Top Bottom