• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Gattsu25

Banned
Good evening all.

I didn't know the singer Halsey was mixed and identified herself as a black woman [that is white passing].

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ssing-black-woman_us_599da8f3e4b0d97c4000b33b

Didn't know that either.

Her parents: https://twitter.com/halsey/status/457567824043843585
BlmbgvQIcAAae6-.jpg

Gattsu25

Banned
the GPU, negro.

I'm probably gonna wait until 2018's models before I even consider an upgrade.

I basically use my PC upgrades as a means to keep my family's PCs up to spec.

My old GPU goes in the family member with the worst GPU's desktop (in this case my brother) when I get my new one, his old GPU goes in my other brother's desktop, etc.

That way no one is ever using hardware that is more than 10 years old and everyone can keep up.

shingi70

Banned
Man the Virgina GOP twitter account put up and deleted a tweet calling Virginia's Lt. governer a race traitor for wanting Confederate States taken down.

Dude.

Faustek

Good evening all.

I didn't know the singer Halsey was mixed and identified herself as a black woman [that is white passing].

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ssing-black-woman_us_599da8f3e4b0d97c4000b33b

hmm, that was the second time I can remember actually not seeing it. First time was just a quick look at Rebecca King-Crews. Had to take a double look to be sure.

We got AI now trying to sell guns out back? Algebra in the morning, sell the burner in the evening.

Wait, white girls nipples aren't brown?

Research time.

Some are, some aren't. It mostly has to do with your ethnic background yes but after you had a kid the hormonal changes that occur can change the color and it often wont revert to it's pre-baby state. It will stay dark/darker.
The areola can also change size depending on the weather conditions. Hot and humid as fuck and you can be sure that it will expand after a while and stay in the dry cold? Reverse it. They'll shrink. The bumpy things are called montgomery glans. Everyone has them. Men as well and their function is to keep your boobies moisturized. Anything else you need to research?

Faustek

hmm, so Amy Schumer wan'ts more money from Netflix.
Ok talk to me. I didn't really like the leather special at all. Appreciated the message but not the comedy. Which special she make that is good? Or should I just take it as she isn't for me?

Gattsu25

Banned
hmm, so Amy Schumer wan'ts more money from Netflix.
Ok talk to me. I didn't really like the leather special at all. Appreciated the message but not the comedy. Which special she make that is good? Or should I just take it as she isn't for me?

If you needed to be convinced then you weren't the target audience in the first place. For them, it's all about getting people of all stripes to stay subscribed. Not every comedy special or movie is for everyone :\

If she wasn't going to bring in the subs they would have balked at the contract renegotiations. Just to drive that point home Netflix paid good money for Adam Sandler and it worked out for them so I just throw my hands up in the air and trust their accountants.

On a side thought, people like to say that comedy recognition is about laughs but it isn't. Like they say on TBGWT comedy isn't a meritocracy. Otherwise people like Adam Sandler wouldn't be bringing in millions in returns per film.

Faustek

If you needed to be convinced then you weren't the target audience in the first place. For them, it's all about getting people of all stripes to stay subscribed. Not every comedy special or movie is for everyone :\

If she wasn't going to bring in the subs they would have balked at the contract renegotiations. Just to drive that point home Netflix paid good money for Adam Sandler and it worked out for them so I just throw my hands up in the air and trust their accountants.

On a side thought, people like to say that comedy recognition is about laughs but it isn't. Like they say on TBGWT comedy isn't a meritocracy. Otherwise people like Adam Sandler wouldn't be bringing in millions in returns per film.

Yeah probably true. Just this weird thing where I have to see the good of everything. Well not everything but stuff that I know friends like.

....I actually liked Grown Ups with Sandler. Was many years ago since I liked anything with him.

That's a variant of the chemtrails conspiracy theory. It's bullshit in all of its forms.
Thanks. I thought that sounded weird to me. The muslim synagogue he took me to were talking about that as well.

Ahh. Right right.
Went on another interview today and got another job offer. So now I have three job offers. Not sure what to do. I got one at this clothing store that pays only $8.50 an hour, the one out of town that's black owned, but I'm not sure how much I would get paid, but she says it will be more than $9 an hour, and the one I just got offered at a drug store is $15 an hour, but I'll be the only black person there.

The one out of town said I could do some work for her from home until I can move down there. I am tired of NC so I really want to go with that one, but this drug store is tempting, though I'd have walk kind of far for it since the bus doesn't go out that far. I'm tempted to see if I could do the drug store and the black owned one. What do you think?

Damn george went full black friend.

You never go full black friend.

Whats the beef with native americans?

These guys are just straight crazy and everything on that site is pure bunkum.

That said...there were Cherokee that owned slaves. And one, Stand Watie, became a Confederate General during the Civil War. There is a monument to him in Tahlequah, Oklahoma: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand_Watie

Huh. I usually pride myself on being able to ID light brothas and sistas on sight. This one would have definitely slid past me.

Dads genes were unusually weak as hell. The fuck.

Yeah, I would not have spotted her. She's in the Passing Club with Rashida Jones and Wentworth Miller (I only copped him when I saw a pic with him with a fro).

Huh. I usually pride myself on being able to ID light brothas and sistas on sight. This one would have definitely slid past me.

Dads genes were unusually weak as hell. The fuck.

she said her nipples are brown though. / she said it right there in the article
She added that she’s proud of her identity, but still experiences “racial blips” from time to time, like “white boys in my life asking me why my nipples are brown.”

Johndoey

Banned
Observer is interesting so far, good flavor text. Some commentary in treatment of ex-cons and vets. Performance in outdoor areas is questionable.

Top Bottom