• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Malyse

What flavor? Or do you hate all jelly??

I need answers

Same to you mister
Lemme clear this up right quick:

FUCK.
ALL.
JELLY.

I don't even like Strawberry Jelly. Jam is less bad, but the GOAT is butter. Apple butter is good as fuck.

-----

Man, Starco got one of the most ruthless ship sinking I've ever seen. Absolutely eviscerated. Also, what the fuck Grey DeLisle is by far the most talented VO artist working. Like, I legitimately don't recognize her at times. Jackie Lynn Thomas sounds nothing like Azula sounds nothing like Daphne sounds nothing like Mandy.

~ Crash ~

Neo Member
Welcome Crash.

Thank you Faustek, it's good to be here.

What's your favorite video game soundtrack?

Interesting question I'd have to say Megaman X, which likely for nostalgic reasons (first Megaman game I ever played). More recently I'd say Dragon Age Inquisition, but my girl just got it so I've been hearing it a lot lately. What's yours?

Not much, how about you?

Fuck him.

Welcome Crash.

Thank you. How do you do?

I don't know anybody that doesn't have an iPhone. I loved my iPhone 5C, but it's getting old and slow. Once the iPhone 7S/8
makes no sense. How do you announce both the 7S and 8 at the same time?
come out I'll upgrade to a 6/6C

Welcome! Can't even call you new blood bc I might be the youngest to frequent the thread

Lol well you still have seniority.

hi people

Hey I'm the new guy.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Can you guys recommend me a shaver that's safe for black skin?

Not sure if you want this for your face but buy this and never look back.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RFS118/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Dont forget to keep her clean and take care of it. Should go ahead and throw this in too.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000LNB8HK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

You wont get a razor blade baby smooth close shave but if you use the Andis with your favorite after shave you should stay bump free.

Thank you Faustek, it's good to be here.

Interesting question I'd have to say Megaman X, which likely for nostalgic reasons (first Megaman game I ever played). More recently I'd say Dragon Age Inquisition, but my girl just got it so I've been hearing it a lot lately. What's yours?

Not much, how about you?

Thank you. How do you do?

Lol well you still have seniority.

Hey I'm the new guy.

I'm fine.

D i Z

Not cool with the preservatives slander going on, but interested to see where this goes. We drawing lines over Jelly!!! You haters gonna lose!!!!!

Malyse

You don't fuck with jelly but you eating some shit called apple butter?

These philistines I deal with.

homemade-apple-butter-13.jpg

Apple butter is a goddamn treat.
What about in biscuits?

Why do you think we keep Canada around?

29d986f6-cbae-4969-a77d-d2a179ff656a_1.1268eaa8c3cf3695a1e39fb677972222.jpeg

D i Z

It really weird when white girls "imitate" white girls. Watching The Defenders ep 1 again, and Jess is asking for a trace on the call she received. She could have just spoke naturally. Odd.

Malyse

smmfh. Ok, so do you put the grape or strawberry condiment on your Popeyes biscuits?
1. I make my own goddamn biscuits. That shit is not hard.
2. Again, why do you think we keep Canada around? Honey or syrup.

Also, have a peanut butter+honey sandwich and thank me for rescuing you for on the mediocrity of jelly helly.

Johndoey

Banned
It really weird when white girls "imitate" white girls. Watching The Defenders ep 1 again, and Jess is asking for a trace on the call she received. She could have just spoke naturally. Odd.

Nah I get it, her normal voice sounds fairly harsh and the voice she affects is a lot smoother and more personable. That helps on phones calls.
--
Jelly is a treasure and anyone that feels differently needs to reevaluate life.

Kreed

Huh. I thought it was just a difference in what we called it.

You learn something new all the time.

My mistake.

Normally when people in the US say Jelly and Jam they are talking about the same thing. Meanwhile DD is being technical and STILL giving wrong answers.

I've been curious about that when I first heard of it. What's it like? Who performed?

In recent years, it's been packed with local arts and craft and self made products from brands like Don't be Ashy, crazy amount of black people (a real diverse range, very LGBT) friendly, and the performers at least for Day 1 felt like it was straight outta the Insecure soundtrack.

Leikeli47
SZA
solange

But also a few locals and international talent like Dizzie Rascal. Ran into some celebs too. Michael Che was around for day 2, Deray McKesson on Day 1.

It was way better than Panorama this year.

D i Z

Good luck.

Don't need luck. You picked your side.

Nah I get it, her normal voice sounds fairly harsh and the voice she affects is a lot smoother and more personable. That helps on phones calls.
--

Yeah, I don't buy it. She code switched for a white girl, but she didn't actually have to. She just didn't need to cuss anyone out. It's not the first time I've seen it, but it's always weird.

Malyse

--
Jelly is a treasure and anyone that feels differently needs to reevaluate life.
Y'all in agreement with a Doey Opinion. I don't think I even need an argument anymore.
Normally when people in the US say Jelly and Jam they are talking about the same thing. Meanwhile DD is being technical and STILL giving wrong answers.
I don't put jelly on my biscuits because I don't want to eat disappointment.

This reminds me of when my Ma on the phone puts on her "professional" voice. I'm like, I'm pretty sure they can tell you're not white, Ma

Top Bottom