• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

LionPride

Banned
Have I mentioned I love Insecure?

DISUjjOUEAAYMoX

Faustek

I'm actually considering dropping my hbo subscription. I barely use it and barring the Def Comedy Jam, which I have on dvd, nothing really interests me. Netflix is really picking up the slack.

Furyous

What's insecure?

Color me shocked, shocked! I tell ya that Notch is a pizzagater closet alt right. I thought he reached an existential crisis after selling Minecraft and maybe I thought wrong.

What's new in y'alls world? I am drowning in Salesforce as we speak but my multitasking game is on point. BCT needs officially recommended smartphones. Who's making the list?

D i Z

What's insecure?

Color me shocked, shocked! I tell ya that Notch is a pizzagater closet alt right. I thought he reached an existential crisis after selling Minecraft and maybe I thought wrong.

What's new in y'alls world? I am drowning in Salesforce as we speak but my multitasking game is on point. BCT needs officially recommended smartphones. Who's making the list?

Insecure is a rather dope Black in L.A show on HBO. It's in its second season now and gaining in popularity.

~ Crash ~

Neo Member
Where you're from – Ypsilanti, Michigan and Toledo, Ohio.
Where you live – Columbus, Ohio.
What is your age? – 24.
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy – Igbo, African American, and Cree (Native American).
Do you know your roots – All but whatever African ones my mother has.
Favorite musical genre – I have favorite artists but not really a favorite genre... Never country though.
Your profession/major/career interest – Consultant, but I’ll be attending law school in 2018 or 2019.
Your religious affiliation – Not Applicable.
Hobbies – Reading, writing, learning, and cooking.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? – Popeye’s I guess, never had Bojangles.
Marvel or DC? – Neither.
Favorite superhero? – I grew up a Robin/Nightwing fan.
Anime or Nah? – Nah, but technically depends on the show.
Favorite sport and team? – Basketball (Player fan); football (Arsenal); American football (Michigan Wolverines)
What's your favorite Disney movie? – The Land Bef- ... Remember the Titans.
What's your favorite video game and genre? – Anything from FIFA to Dragon Age to Puzzle Fighter.

Here's a personal one: The only reason I signed up for this website is because of this thread. That's how great the discourse seems to be. Hopefully the rest of the site is as interesting.

LionPride

Banned
Fuck Apple products

And fuck people who act like the difference between an Apple phone and a Samsung phone is that different

It ain't holy shit

Faustek

Every electronic maker uses the same practices

you do realise that there are ethical comparison guides out there? And watchdogs that try to make sure all the shit comes to light? When Amnesty reported that Sony, Apple, Samsung, Apple(yes twice because they've been caught twice) had children working on their phones I said no thanks.
Then Sony got better(didn't get caught?) I went back to them and Samsung and Apple still fucked around with companies that killed of their workers no matter what age I never looked back. Same reason why I don't fuck with H&M for example.

you do realise that there are ethical comparison guides out there? And watchdogs that try to make sure all the shit comes to light? When Amnesty reported that Sony, Apple, Samsung, Apple(yes twice because they've been caught twice) had children working on their phones I said no thanks.
Then Sony got better(didn't get caught?) I went back to them and Samsung and Apple still fucked around with companies that killed of their workers no matter what age I never looked back. Same reason why I don't fuck with H&M for example.

Oh so, Dear White People is right? I was just throwing out the quote.

Faustek

Oh so, Dear White People is right? I was just throwing out the quote.

Basically everyone who used Chinese labour did that. Which is fact basically everything but matter of fact is that iPhone is so damn popular so they really went through the meat grinder when it came to those orders.

Nope. Apple are by far the worst, due to how much of a profit they want to make on everything and that is a fact. I watched a doc on it and it was so fucked up I skipped on Apple my whole life.

Yeah kinda the same. I think it was 2010 when Sony started donating back both money and not only "products" that I went back to them.
Unfortunately Google is being asses and refuse to allow Anything above Android 6 on Fairphone and that the FP2 still kinda sucks else I would have gone with them.

TheSun

Fuck'n apple.

Also Xcom Mario looks cool. I'd be in ultra hype if there were no rabbids, but more Mario party members.

Good t'see it's reviewing well too.

What is your age? – 24.
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy – Igbo, African American, and Cree (Native American).
Favorite musical genre – I have favorite artists but not really a favorite genre... Never country though.
Your profession/major/career interest – Consultant, but I’ll be attending law school in 2018 or 2019.
Marvel or DC? – Neither.
Favorite sport and team? – Basketball (Player fan); football (Arsenal); American football (Michigan Wolverines)
What's your favorite video game and genre? – Anything from FIFA to Dragon Age to Puzzle Fighter.

Here's a personal one: The only reason I signed up for this website is because of this thread. That's how great the discourse seems to be. Hopefully the rest of the site is as interesting.

What's your favorite video game soundtrack?

Mizerman

What is your age? – 24.
Marvel or DC? – Neither.

Sup.

Fuck him.

What is your age? – 24.
Marvel or DC? – Neither.

Welcome Crash.

I should do the questionnaire

Where are you from? - Cleveland, OH
Where do you live? - Cleveland, OH
What is your age? - 30 years old
Cultural heritage, linage & genealogy - I'm Black, y'all
Do you know your roots? - I wish
Favorite musical genre? - Hip-Hop
Profession? - Photographer
Religious affiliation? - Nah
Hobbies - Photography, Drawing, writing, getting high lol
KFC or Popeye's - Both KFC and Popeye's
Marvel or DC - Mahvel, beybee
Favorite Superhero - Spider-Man
Anime or nah? - I haven't really watched an anime in like a decade, no joke. But I grew up on Speed Racer, DBZ & Sailor Moon. FLCL is my favorite.
Favorite sport & team - Basketball. The Cleveland Cavaliers
Favorite Disney movie - Brink, I guess. Does "Captain America: Civil War" count?
Favorite video games & genre - TellTale's The Walking Dead series. Role Playing Games

Top Bottom