• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

andthebeatgoeson

Got damn. Can you imagine having to lay on the ground, hoping not to catch a bullet?

Hot takes on why regulations wouldn't have stopped him will be coming soon.

Tragedies happen with cars, investigations, new rules. That one dude died in a Tesla not paying attention and the entire automatic driving industry is still shook.

Airlines, work safety, hospitals, etc. Any major fuck up with those numbers and you would have a ton of responses. Guns?

Johndoey

Banned
Incoming Conservative news bloc on how if more individuals had weapons none of this would've happened, also anyone trying to engage in discussion about availability of weaponry is scum trying to use a tragedy as political ammunition and should be disregarded. Repeat for two week period till everyone settles down.
Got damn. Can you imagine having to lay on the ground, hoping not to catch a bullet?

Hot takes on why regulations wouldn't have stopped him will be coming soon.

Tragedies happen with cars, investigations, new rules. That one dude died in a Tesla not paying attention and the entire automatic driving industry is still shook.

Airlines, work safety, hospitals, etc. Any major fuck up with those numbers and you would have a ton of responses. Guns?

But Beat, don't you know limiting access to high powered weaponry by the general populace is downright Un-American? After all I need an assault rifle, no don't ask why, I just do.

If we couldn't shit done when a bunch of kids got blown away sure as shit won't get anything going now.
--
Good Morning

sirap

Shooter kills 50+, injures 200+

"This has ISIS written all over it. Fuck those terrorists!"

Turns out to be a 64 year-old white dude.

"Actually..."

Now y'all want to get technical with the word terrorists huh.

Sch1sm

Shooter kills 50+, injures 200+

"This has ISIS written all over it. Fuck those terrorists!"

Turns out to be a 64 year-old white dude.

"Actually..."

Now y'all want to get technical with the word terrorists huh.

"But he didn't have any clear political aims!"

American gun problem is Fubar. There is no hope. If mass shootings and even assassination attempts on your polictians ain't gonna change things, then what will?

Gun violence is a manifestation of America. Guns are what berthed the nation, guns maintained the nation, and guns stain the nation. The states have all combated the issue to varying degrees. Some states hand out guns in lieu of social assistance, while others have strict guidelines in place on ammo.

Vegas was a tragedy. Every incident like it is. But people don't see the issue as themselves. They see the issue being the ones that mess up. They see the assailants as drunk drivers. Sure, punish the drunk driver, but don't take my license/car away.

So here we are

Malyse

https://trib.al/7ILqSGa

*walks away whistling*

Also, people think *this* is going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back? A republican got shot mere months ago and nothing changed. There's no chance this will affect anything.

T________T

------

Rift Walker looks incredible.

Grassland_Fight.gif

CityReveal_V1.gif

Desert_JumpTest.gif

Brute.gif

DungeonFight_Final.gif

Forest_Final.gif

American gun problem is Fubar. There is no hope. If mass shootings and even assassination attempts on your polictians ain't gonna change things, then what will?
There's no short-term solution and a even harder long term problem

Already numnuts on Twitter calling it a false flag because not enough people were shot

Just saw one that said "knives statistically murder more than guns"

This game of blocking anyone that says prayer or "actually..."

Johndoey

Banned
Divinity OS 2 is maybe the best sequel ever made in terms of managing to effectively be a straight improvement over the original. Barring a couple things it's just better than OS. And Pet Pal is still the best thing in the world. Even managed to supplant Shadowrun Dragonfall as having my favorite companion characters.

TheSun

I mean, a bunch of school children being shot didn't do anything for gun regulations. Nothing will change.

---

Sad to hear about Cosmic Star heroine underperforming. It's always a scary thought that a passion of yours wouldn't see much success.

Malyse

I mean, a bunch of school children being shot didn't do anything for gun regulations. Nothing will change.

---

Sad to hear about Cosmic Star heroine underperforming. It's always a scary thought that a passion of yours wouldn't see much success.

It's a good game, but the initial release was shockingly buggy and it didn't hit the platforms that would have ate it up quick enough (Vita, Switch). It's also short.

Also, I live with existential terror that I'm building this huge project for an audience of one.

Someone else can make this thread on OT but Milo Y got married to his, then, black boyfriend. Disgusting. daffyduck.gif

It seems like you all are already on top of the news. What a stunt.

It's a good game, but the initial release was shockingly buggy and it didn't hit the platforms that would have ate it up quick enough (Vita, Switch). It's also short.

Also, I live with existential terror that I'm building this huge project for an audience of one.

I know I'm gonna buy your project. It was interesting from the start

TheSun

Yeah, I think it would've done better on those platforms. Dunno if delaying the game further would have helped them, but im surprised to hear it was a messy launch.

But for me I never expect myself to have any huge successes with any of my projects. Hard to predict what can become a success.

D i Z

That will change when you get it out there and people latch onto it. Just gotta back seat that fear for as long as you can.

Malyse

Who the fuck buys trading cards on Steam? I'm not complaining because I've gotten almost $15 in the past two days, but still. Who are these people?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Who the fuck buys trading cards on Steam? I'm not complaining because I've gotten almost $15 in the past two days, but still. Who are these people?

It's mostly for cosmetic stuff you get when you craft a badge with a complete set of cards. Like if you want a nice background on your profile. Sometimes people even want the chat emotes, but who even uses steam chat that much?

It's actually also tied to your "Steam level", which does things like increase the number of "showcases" you can have on your profile, increases your card booster pack drop rate, and more importantly increases the number of friends you can have on your friends list.

tl;dr basically the same kind of people who buy cosmetic shit for anything else

RedSwirl

The way I hear it, before Valve got a handle on it there was a real black market going on for early TF2 shit. It got to the point where TF2 eabuds -- something I think you got just for playing the game on Mac, became the base "currency" and people were making thousands of dollars trading all the other stuff back and forth. Russian mob might've even gotten involved.

Sch1sm

I'll buy trading cards on Steam if I really fucked with the game, but it's always with leftover wallet from selling off Steam Sale cards, or other drops I don't care for. I think that's pretty common.

Malyse

I ain't complaining. I can get like four games off my card sales alone right now. I'll just hold out for the next dumb sale and pick up some more games on the cheap.

Slayven

The bussy can't be THAT good.

Also, I see the pattern. Ann Coulter. Tamiami. Scottie Neil Hughes. There is an obvious obsession for the BBC in conservative circles.
I read that story was like whoa. She always seemed like the type to call you a nigger your face

You talking about the original, or the New Order? The New Order is dope. Worth playing for a couple of characters that show up in the new joint.

New Order.

Top Bottom