• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

cdyhybrid

U5REn9W.png

Skittles

The shitty gamer tendency to ignore real world issues that inconvenience their discussion of a game is starting to go into full effect in the "A Hat in Time" thread

Merc_

The shitty gamer tendency to ignore real world issues that inconvenience their discussion of a game is starting to go into full effect in the "A Hat in Time" thread

Not surprised to see someone attempt to sidestep a white supremacist being involved with a game they want to play.

Think I found a new second favorite album of the year this morning. Just randomly checking bandcamp and found one of my favorite emcees who hasn't dropped a project since 2011 just released a joint this morning and it's fire!

Code:
[URL="https://rubyibarra.bandcamp.com/album/circa91"][IMG]https://f4.bcbits.com/img/a0449520206_10.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Think I'm going back to sleep now. Don't have to be at work until 9:30.

Slayven

People need to ask why the culture surrounding industry is so shitty. A lot of it is because the industry at best turns a blind eye to it or at worse encourages it.

Shy

People need to ask why the culture surrounding industry is so shitty. A lot of it is because the industry at best turns a blind eye to it or at worse encourages it.
I 100% agree.

It's depressing really. Because when any change (at that's when it does) happen is at tectonic pace.

Slayven

I 100% agree.

It's depressing really. Because when any change (at that's when it does) happen is at tectonic pace.

There was a thread yesterday about how toxic Blizzard's community was. This isn't new, i remember the boards for WoW that is a good 10 years ago being unusable because of the bullshit. Can you imagine if big company just came out and said "enough is enough" and started doing shit? Instead of empty PR memos

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!

This seems to be human nature. An old buddy of mine would be up on Wow for hours, putting his real life relationship at risk, with fools online who would say the foulest shit not knowing he was black. He did that for years. He loved the game that much. Called the racial chatter background noise.

Just saw a commercial from a local place talking about how they respect the our troops, law enforcement, and teachers and how they praise the flag and the only time they take a knee is for prayer. WTF does that have to do with cars? "We don't like black folk" is what I heard in all that.

Slayven

Just saw a commercial from a local place talking about how they respect the police law enforcement, and teachers and how they praise the flag and the only time they take a knee is for prayer. WTF does that have to do with cars? "We don't like black folk" is what I heard in all that.

We don't like black folk and we can make money appealing to those that don't

Gattsu25

Banned
So, I installed facebook messenger lite, added a bookmark to facebook's mobile site to my homescreen, and uninstalled both the main facebook app and the old/larger messenger app.

My phone immediately feels snappier. Like.. it's night and day how much smoother my phone feels right now.

Just saw a commercial from a local place talking about how they respect the police law enforcement, and teachers and how they praise the flag and the only time they take a knee is for prayer. WTF does that have to do with cars? "We don't like black folk" is what I heard in all that.
I saw a bbq restaurant with a blue lives matter sticker on it.

Gattsu25

Banned

That would be an immediate "we don't buy from there" from me.

Posting this in the other thread:

I own guns and I live in an open carry state. I have been known to both open and concealed carry and I have never had a problem, I also don't have people calling me a nigger or doing stupid shit around me. If my guns scare you, "good". I don't care that you are fearful if your fear keeps you from doing something as a prank or a joke or something offensive, "even better". I have been pulled over while armed and even while just out and about a cop has seen my gun and politely asked about it.

I'm tired of people that aren't gun owners or don't live in the south or any other place and try to act for my safety. I am perfectly capable of managing the safety of myself and my home. Guns are dangerous but necessary for the populace; to one check the state social controls and to defend against others. Those that think that gun control or any other type of social control won't affect mostly oppressed groups is living in fantasy land. If you think that even in a strict gun control environment that criminals like that 64-year-old millionaire wouldn't get his hands on a gun then you are delusional. If you think there would not be selective enforcement then you are still delusional.

Slayven

So, I installed facebook messenger lite, added a bookmark to facebook's mobile site to my homescreen, and uninstalled both the main facebook app and the old/larger messenger app.

My phone immediately feels snappier. Like.. it's night and day how much smoother my phone feels right now.
The Facebook and twitter first party apps are shameful. How can you be so bad at your own shit

I saw a bbq restaurant with a blue lives matter sticker on it.

How was the ribs?

them drunken days of low budgets on The Man Show. they probably did that show on a $700 budget

I liked that show. Reminded me of what modern Al Bundy would be doing if Married with Children was still around.

Didn't even realize that was Kimmel on that show, or that's where he came from. I tend not to bother remembering celebrity names, though.

Slayven

It's funny what different trajectories Adam carolla and Jimmy Kimmal had despite coming up at the same time

But not surprised because Carolla seems like a S Tier asshole, while Jimmy seems like a solid dude

I liked that show. Reminded me of what modern Al Bundy would be doing if Married with Children was still around.

Didn't even realize that was Kimmel on that show, or that's where he came from. I tend not to bother remembering celebrity names, though.
They were radio guys who got fired and pivoted into TV and when that was over one went back (podcasting) the other is Jimmy Kimmel

Malyse

Remember listening to Loveline on the radio?

----

Also I have a gun and think guns should be regulated.

----

And my neighbor has, in addition to his handwritten Blue Live Matter sign, started flying this flag:

D1189-2.jpg

So that's fun.

CommanderBuck

Neo Member
Remember listening to Loveline on the radio?

----

Also I have a gun and think guns should be regulated.

----

And my neighbor has, in addition to his handwritten Blue Live Matter sign, started flying this flag:

D1189-2.jpg

So that's fun.
Morning BCT,
Maybe it’s time for you to move.

Malyse

Man, he has worked on some of my all time least favorite comics.
Morning BCT,
Maybe it's time for you to move.

He's not brave or suicidal enough to actually fuck with me.

----

http://superheroesincolor.tumblr.co...k-cosplay-by-candy-rockets-cosplayer-facebook

You're welcome. Also?

http://pocblog.tumblr.com/post/166007501000/thahalfrican-localstarboy-black-women-are

You're welcome.

Malyse

Man they really didn't even try with this Dragon Ball game's dub. Characters lips moving a whole second past the dialogue.

andthebeatgoeson

Posting this in the other thread:

I own guns and I live in an open carry state. I have been known to both open and concealed carry and I have never had a problem, I also don't have people calling me a nigger or doing stupid shit around me. If my guns scare you, "good". I don't care that you are fearful if your fear keeps you from doing something as a prank or a joke or something offensive, "even better". I have been pulled over while armed and even while just out and about a cop has seen my gun and politely asked about it.

I'm tired of people that aren't gun owners or don't live in the south or any other place and try to act for my safety. I am perfectly capable of managing the safety of myself and my home. Guns are dangerous but necessary for the populace; to one check the state social controls and to defend against others. Those that think that gun control or any other type of social control won't affect mostly oppressed groups is living in fantasy land. If you think that even in a strict gun control environment that criminals like that 64-year-old millionaire wouldn't get his hands on a gun then you are delusional. If you think there would not be selective enforcement then you are still delusional.
Well, one problem is that any gun control is lumped in with banning the 2nd amendment. I find it hard to even listen to the people that support a ban on federal research of gun issues . I'm not against all guns but when we talk about gun control and people deflect into all other issues, it doesn't make sense. We can't even do the smart thing like generate research and observable data to make an informed decision. That's hurting black people.

A lot of what you say makes sense but no matter the sport or interest, i don't think you should have army gear. Where you can 'snipe' 400 people from the 32 floor. We could start with banning high capacity magazines. Or silencers. Or armor piercing bullets. But those are off limits. Those last two don't even make sense in our society. But the National No Niggers but More Rifles Association will fight even reasonable gun control.

Which brings me to my final point. You use racism as a reason to carry a gun. And racism as a reason to not ban guns. I want to talk about the inherent racism that leads to more black lives dying. Because that does not disappear. I'm glad the racism you deal with and how you respond to it works for you but that doesn't work for everyone. Including Philando Castile, who was legally carrying, properly announced it to a cop and still died on Facebook live.

That systemic racism doesn't disappear. It will be there if we have guns or not. You just have seen things from your perspective. It's still there. Whether we are better off as a people without guns, i don't know. I would start with a ban on some military gear. I can't call it automatic guns before some gun nerd starts talking like i said pedophile instead of ephebophile on neogaf. I would like gun research to happen like we lead the world in gun deaths. I would like our Congress to not take orders from a group that salivates over tragedies because gun sales will go up. And i would like elementary schools and outdoor music festivals to not have to worry about people dying.

And I'm really fucking tired of the hand wringing over people worried about what ifs. Fuck slippery slopes, people are dying a lot due to guns and we stand as cowards not doing a thing and even rolling back controls. With auto driving cars in the near future, gun deaths will be the biggest preventable death in our country.

Top Bottom