• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

LOL @ the fools that used to rock Fubu AND LUGZ

Express or bust.
I've eaten my way out of Banana Republic :/

act like fubu wasn't hot from like '98-'01 lol

I had fubu everything. #05 football jerseys, black and red baseball jersey with the black and red split doo rag to match, plus the varsity jacket. ahh man Those were the days

I can't believe I spent 60-80 dollars on some of that shit

act like fubu wasn't hot from like '98-'01 lol

I had fubu everything. #05 football jerseys, black and red baseball jersey with the black and red split doo rag to match, plus the varsity jacket. ahh man Those were the days

I can't believe I spent 60-80 dollars on some of that shit

Naw you on your own bra I never rocked urban styles. Always stayed Polo or buttoned up! They didn't call me Carlton for nothin'!
KuGsj.gif

Naw you on your own bra I never rocked urban styles. Always stayed Polo or buttoned up! They didn't call me Carlton for nothin'!
KuGsj.gif

haha I had to grow into that. Started with my senior year in HS. I was a hood kid who dressed how the dope boys dressed cause that's what I knew about fashion (minus coogi and iceberg that shit was too expensive!)

Hey man this is SC where people are 2 years behind NC who's already 5 years behind.

Yeah that's how my city is. We were so behind FUBU was probably dead by the time it got hot here

Fubu talk? Fuck yeah, let's take it back to 1999:

418407_973847055784_25303351_38902001_468138850_n.jpg

got the platinum grill
orthodontic braces
, and the Cartier glasses
whatever was cheap at Pearle Vision or Lenscrafters

I remember awhile ago seeing someone wearing Fubu with some Lugz and a du-rag. It kinda tripped me out.

Anyone remember the name of those boots that were like Timberlands but cheaper? They had a mountain logo on them instead of the tree like Timberlands.

Onemic

I still have my #05 FUBU football jersey that I wore all the time in elementary school. I gotta say that thing was made of some quality materials because the colour and fabric is still pretty much the same after 10 years. I can't say that for any of the shit I've bought since.

I still have my #05 FUBU football jersey that I wore all the time in elementary school. I gotta say that thing was made of some quality materials because the colour and fabric is still pretty much the same after 10 years. I can't say that for any of the shit I've bought since.

Was it yellow?

Slayven

Got my nephew some McDonalds today, and they gave him a "The Last Airbender" toy. Are they clearing out old stock or stomething.

Lebron

I only wore Jinko jeans back in the day.

Now they just got ridiculous
cY4DC.jpg

Though I somewhat what to get these just to be like, yeah, they light the fuck up.

Slayven

cY4DC.jpg

Though I somewhat what to get these just to be like, yeah, they light the fuck up.
I always wondered how people don't constantly trip in those things. Escalators must be a deathtrap.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

cY4DC.jpg

are they glowing due to the flash of the camera? or are those LEDs underneath? jncos have always been crazy, but thats something else...

Imm0rt4l

cY4DC.jpg

Only people who wore this stuff were ravers back when I was in High School. A good friend of mine had a pair kinda like this, but his were neon green/yellow. Once we were in aviation class and he was tripping on acid and dude would stare at his pants endlessly, moving his head back and forth.

MIMIC

Banned
Red

Stereotypical question time! Who here knows how to swim?

I do

I do!

My mom had my brother and I in EVERYTHING when we were kids: swimming at the YMCA, karate, little league football, T-ball, etc.

Plus, at my high school you could take swimming as a course.....so I got even better. I learned how to dive properly ^_^

Slayven

Yo, what?

Watching stand up on comedy central and girl came out. Did a bit on how she wants to be the first black woman to star in a jdrama. And she spoke Japanese, I am no expert but from many years of watching shit with subtitles she sounded like she was speaking the real thing.

Top Bottom