• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Slayven

I must be getting old if I can find something attractive about just about any woman, sharp knees and all. But then again, being with a woman I can talk to ranks above looks for me at this point in my life.

Onemic

It's GAF man, if you're over 100lb you're considered fat and ugly. Scarjo has now joined Hendricks on the GAF hate wagon of pseudo fat chicks.

Bleepey

Understand, but can't speak. Igbo's going the way of the Dodo, most 1st generation Nigerians I know can't even understand it. Even in Nigeria, if you speak English without understanding igbo, you're sorta seen as an intellectual. It's fucked

I know, what pisses me off is that the older generation do not appreciate it as much as we do. I need to learn it. It kinda scares me the idea the language could disappear despite how unlikely it is.

Stats

Key findings:

The increasing popularity of intermarriage. About 15% of all new marriages in the United States in 2010 were between spouses of a different race or ethnicity from one another, more than double the share in 1980 (6.7%). Among all newlyweds in 2010, 9% of whites, 17% of blacks, 26% of Hispanics and 28% of Asians married out. Looking at all married couples in 2010, regardless of when they married, the share of intermarriages reached an all-time high of 8.4%. In 1980, that share was just 3.2%.

Gender patterns in intermarriage vary widely. About 24% of all black male newlyweds in 2010 married outside their race, compared with just 9% of black female newlyweds. Among Asians, the gender pattern runs the other way. About 36% of Asian female newlyweds married outside their race in 2010, compared with just 17% of Asian male newlyweds. Intermarriage rates among white and Hispanic newlyweds do not vary by gender.

At first glance, recent newlyweds who “married out” and those who “married in” have similar characteristics. In 2008-2010, the median combined annual earnings of both groups are similar—$56,711 for newlyweds who married out versus $55,000 for those who married in. In about one-in-five marriages of each group, both the husband and wife are college graduates. Spouses in the two groups also marry at similar ages (with a two- to three-year age gap between husband and wife), and an equal share are marrying for the first time.

However, these overall similarities mask sharp differences that emerge when the analysis looks in more detail at pairings by race and ethnicity. Some of these differences appear to reflect the overall characteristics of different groups in society at large, and some may be a result of a selection process. For example, white/Asian newlyweds of 2008 through 2010 have significantly higher median combined annual earnings ($70,952) than do any other pairing, including both white/white ($60,000) and Asian/Asian ($62,000). When it comes to educational characteristics, more than half of white newlyweds who marry Asians have a college degree, compared with roughly a third of white newlyweds who married whites. Among Hispanics and blacks, newlyweds who married whites tend to have higher educational attainment than do those who married within their own racial or ethnic group.

Intermarriage and earnings. Couples formed between an Asian husband and a white wife topped the median earning list among all newlyweds in 2008-2010 ($71,800). During this period, white male newlyweds who married Asian, Hispanic or black spouses had higher combined earnings than did white male newlyweds who married a white spouse. As for white female newlyweds, those who married a Hispanic or black husband had somewhat lower combined earnings than those who “married in,” while those who married an Asian husband had significantly higher combined earnings.

Regional differences. Intermarriage in the United States tilts West. About one-in-five (22%) of all newlyweds in Western states married someone of a different race or ethnicity between 2008 and 2010, compared with 14% in the South, 13% in the Northeast and 11% in the Midwest. At the state level, more than four-in-ten (42%) newlyweds in Hawaii between 2008 and 2010 were intermarried; the other states with an intermarriage rate of 20% or more are all west of the Mississippi River. (For rates of intermarriage as well as intra-marriage in all 50 states, see Appendix 2.)

Is more intermarriage good for society? More than four-in-ten Americans (43%) say that more people of different races marrying each other has been a change for the better in our society, while 11% say it has been a change for the worse and 44% say it has made no difference. Minorities, younger adults, the college-educated, those who describe themselves as liberal and those who live in the Northeast or the West are more disposed than others to see intermarriage in a positive light.

Public’s acceptance of intermarriage. More than one-third of Americans (35%) say that a member of their immediate family or a close relative is currently married to someone of a different race. Also, nearly two-thirds of Americans (63%) say it “would be fine” with them if a member of their own family were to marry someone outside their own racial or ethnic group. In 1986, the public was divided about this. Nearly three-in-ten Americans (28%) said people of different races marrying each other was not acceptable for anyone, and an additional 37% said this may be acceptable for others, but not for themselves. Only one-third of the public (33%) viewed intermarriage as acceptable for everyone.

Divorce. Several studies using government data have found that overall divorce rates are higher for couples who married out than for those who married in – but here, too, the patterns vary by the racial and gender characteristics of the couples. These findings are based on scholarly analysis of government data on marriage and divorce collected over the past two decades.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=463447

$hawty

Banned
The more disgruntled the black women, the easier it is for us to get in their pants.

So sad, but so true. There's a whole generation of single black milfs out there.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Nope, according to GAF, they're fat and unattractive with cottage cheese butts. Raise your standards a little higher and get a real woman
Gaf upsets me with its choice of women. Kate upton and scarjo on the would not hit list? What the hell is that?

And I have to ask who is that in your avatar? It looks like she's staring into my soul...

Kristin Kreuk.

Funny, I had this picture briefly as my Facebook profile and received a few friend requests from men and a couple have PM'd here on GAF asking me if I was the girl in the avatar. Coincidentally, sticking with theme as of late, she is half Chinese, half-Dutch.

Not an Upton fan either. I just can't understand the craze.

mmPu5.jpg

google is that way--->
I googled but I wasn't very impressed by what I found.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That is not selling me at all.

I like my women with hips. She's cute, she really is, but just not my thing.

Like how Ashanti was cute - but Mya is my queen.

Imm0rt4l

Who, Kristin? I think she looks prettier with the short hair.

Yea, I think it looks nice on her. I honestly didn't recognize her at first, but then again I haven't really seen much with her in it. Never watched smallville and my only other memory of her is in that chun li movie which I can't be bothered to see even if she is pretty.

That is not selling me at all.

I like my women with hips. She's cute, she really is, but just not my thing.

Like how Ashanti was cute - but Mya is my queen.

I know what you mean, Kate is a cutie, but some hips and a backside on her is what would elevate her to dime status( to me at least ).Mya's body though is on another level, now she is a true, bonafide dime.

Top Bottom