• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Kid shot for being black in the "wrong" neighborhood in Florida, in 2012. Fucking people.

hopefully it stays rational. ill be saddened to see someone defend this mans actions.

Young Justice have half asian, and a black dude. Anymore minorities and it becomes an agenda cartoon.

ive always had the thought of what a majority black book would look like that isnt the midnight suns fighting vampires in a post flooded new orleans. with the diverse powers that exist on the marvel side, i would love them to show this.

hopefully it stays rational. ill be saddened to see someone defend this mans actions.

What is the guy's story? Surely you don't believe he told the cops he shot the boy because he was black and they just moved on. I strongly suspect there is more to this story that hasn't been, and wouldn't be, presented by the lawyer of the child's family. All of our information is coming from him at this point. I don't think it's wise to assume we know everything relevant.

ive always had the thought of what a majority black book would look like that isnt the midnight suns fighting vampires in a post flooded new orleans. with the diverse powers that exist on the marvel side, i would love them to show this.

Smh.

Slayven

Blue Marvel should get a avenger's charter and open up Global Avengers.

There's always someone flabbergasted at the idea that a black kid would be shot without any sort of "reason" despite the numerous times it happens.

It's more that at some point this has to fade out. It can't simply be the norm forever...maybe when this generation of young adults grows up...the generation born some time after the civil rights movement and stuff

Parallax

Why should there be a limit to the number of minorities?

If Static was in Young Justice, it'd be cool...even if only for one episode.

it goes back to people thinking mcduffie was pushing a black agenda when he had a justice league team with 3 black members. fans were outraged by it apparently.

Blue Marvel should get a avenger's charter and open up Global Avengers.

god, i love to see marvel do their own version of the trinity. and ive imagined blue, panther and rambeau in that. on the other hand, ive also thought of sentry, moon knight and moonstone as another form of the trinity as well......

It's more that at some point this has to fade out. It can't simply be the norm forever...maybe when this generation of young adults grows up...the generation born some time after the civil rights movement and stuff

Of course it has to fade out but we're all old enough to know that the idea of a black person being up to no good in an upperclass neighborhood is still a thing.

Mononofu

Young Justice have half asian, and a black dude. Anymore minorities and it becomes an agenda cartoon.

2227410-rocket_super.png

Rocket appears to join the team at least temporarily. That would also equalize the female to male ratio.

Slayven

2227410-rocket_super.png

Rocket appears to join the team at least temporarily. That would also equalize the female to male ratio.

Aqualad's love interest no doubt. got to keep they from interbreeding. Alien boy with alien girl, annoying white boy with annoying passing white girl, and now black guy with black chick.

Robin forever alone. Cause no dude wants a chick that just developed the lame kind of daddy issues.

I don't like the American gun culture but to hijack a thread to fucking whine about it when it's clear the problem here is the man's racist assumptions. Ugh.

Slayven

That is why I tend to avoid those threads. Posters with agendas will shit them up and decent folks will avoid the thread. Good discussion is killed and you just end up with a like minded circlejerk.

I have avoided pretty much 90% of the "controversial" threads in Off-Topic over the past two weeks, and my happiness towards life in general has increased EXPONENTIALLY.

RedSwirl

So wait, is Young Justice the successor to Teen Titans or something? I stopped watching DCAU some time around the beginning of Justice League. Really miss it.

qcf x2

Tell me someone watches something other than the big 3
Even back in my 90%+ black High school, we all watched naruto and bleach
and by all I mean 5% of us

I do. I just have a soft spot for Bleach, mostly because of dat Aizen.

And if any of you want a great(est) anime with some soul to it, check out Michiko to Hatchin asap. Most of the important characters are black (afro brazilian), and it's also pretty much the best anime of the past 5 yrs. Check out a trailer or something.

Onemic

And if any of you want a great(est) anime with some soul to it, check out Michiko to Hatchin asap. Most of the important characters are black (afro brazilian), and it's also pretty much the best anime of the past 5 yrs. Check out a trailer or something.

series produced by Watanabe? Sold.

RedSwirl

Awww yeah. Probably the last anime series I really loved.

On the subject, the director of that show is going a new Lupin III anime with Fujiko as the main character. The art director is the guy responsible for RedLine.

Parallax

So wait, is Young Justice the successor to Teen Titans or something? I stopped watching DCAU some time around the beginning of Justice League. Really miss it.

in a very loose sense. alternate universe of a team that was a direct take of said team. only thing is is that dc animation loves to input dick grayson in places he shouldnt be.

Onemic

The willful ignorance being displayed in that thread is laughable. I mean the dude not only acted in self defense, even though he shouldn't have approached the kid in the first place, but he wasn't racially profiling him either. Just doing his noble duty as a neighborhood watch leader.

I don't even know why I bother with these threads.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It did give me the blueprint necessary to do away with all of my foes though.

Air

Banned
I have avoided pretty much 90% of the "controversial" threads in Off-Topic over the past two weeks, and my happiness towards life in general has increased EXPONENTIALLY.

I try, but my curiosity keeps pulling me back IN. But I was a lot more focused and happy when I spent less time here.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Seems like every few months another black youth is killed, at point blank range, by a shop keeper, a fake cop, or a real cop...

Don't you guys get tired of going into those kinds of threads? It never comes to a conclusion and it just makes people more irritated/angry. Then it falls off the first page and is never brought up again unless someone wants to feel vindication when a judgement is made by the Court.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Don't you guys get tired of going into those kinds of threads? It never comes to a conclusion and it just makes people more irritated/angry. Then it falls off the first page and is never brought up again unless someone wants to feel vindication when a judgement is made by the Court.

I have had some really good talks about race, and other things in those types of threads.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I have had some really good talks about race, and other things in those types of threads.

Yeah, it wasn't always.... like this.

I don't remember willful ignorance being as prominent as it is now around here.

Top Bottom