• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
streets-of-rage-2-02.png

You already know who to pick.

edit: whoah. "Sammy"? I didn't know that was his name in the japanese version.
Skinny Black from SoR1 was the best character that game series ever had. He had the best moves and the freshest style. Fuck this rollerblade shit, Skinny Black was the fucking best!

Oh hell yeah!

<--- Is Parappa black?

He's either black, or a "Pretty Fly For a White Guy" 90s wannabe kid from the suburbs. Thoughts?
Parappa and PJ Bear were the only dudes with rhythm in that entire town, black or not.
OT: Streets of Rage 2 was a beautiful game. Just noticed how detailed the art really is
Sega has been good decent to me recently, but handing a C&D to Bombergames because of Streets of Rage Remake was a god damn crime.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't know what the fuck Parappa was....

My little brother gave me the most interesting perspective on why Ash's Squirtle, Charmander, and Venusaur were black though. Its crazy how aware he is of shit like that. I'm not really happy about the fact that a 7 year old thinks about race like that, but its... interesting.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Parappa and PJ Bear were the only dudes with rhythm in that entire town, black or not.

Sega has been good decent to me recently, but handing a C&D to Bombergames because of Streets of Rage Remake was a god damn crime.
Also that elk driving instructor? She had mad soul

ReiGun

I don't know what the fuck Parappa was....

My little brother gave me the most interesting perspective on why Ash's Squirtle, Charmander, and Venusaur were black though. Its crazy how aware he is of shit like that. I'm not really happy about the fact that a 7 year old thinks about race like that, but its... interesting.
Interesting he thought Charmander and Bulbasaur were black. I always guessed Squirtle was cause he had so much swag and always took care of business.

tumblr_lz0busSURL1r8henho1_500.png

Look at him. He's like, "Pikachu, sit yo ass down. I got this."

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Interesting he thought Charmander and Bulbasaur were black. I always guessed Squirtle was cause he had so much swag.

Looks kinda Ving Rhames there...

Speaking of Pokémon:

Buffalon.png

This is one of the new ones, Bouffalant. It's special technique unique to its species is called Head Charge in the US, but is called Afro Break in Japan. :lol

Slayven

Interesting he thought Charmander and Bulbasaur were black. I always guessed Squirtle was cause he had so much swag and always took care of business.

Lol, reminds me. Is the new gym leader in pokemon the first black person in the game?

Speaking of Pokémon:

Buffalon.png

This is one of the new ones, Bouffalant. It's special technique unique to its species is called Head Charge in the US, but is called Afro Break in Japan. :lol

It's okay I will make you all feel better.

06-07.jpg

Two of the most badassed dudes who took out a villain in Naruto (of all things) are black =).

DY_nasty

yea, strolling solo is...not what's up. :-(

lmao.

true story? Iotas run the yard at U. Cincinnati. I was blown away.
I ran into a couple of Hispanic kappas up in DC. I can say without shame that my boys got swagged on hard.

Its always cool seeing integration like that though.

Derwind

I've reconciled myself with Kira Bee... they introduced him in the most generic way possible... but they made up for it by actually giving him some depth...

I ran into a couple of Hispanic kappas up in DC. I can say without shame that my boys got swagged on hard.

Its always cool seeing integration like that though.

I remember going to my first Alpha convention in Atlanta and meeting several white bruhs with big ass APhiA brands on their arms.

Again, blown away.

I also distinctly remember one of our neos getting his peri ran in a bathroom because he had a stuttering problem and didn't respond to someone's challenge fast enough. :-(

srys bizness

DY_nasty

I remember going to my first Alpha convention in Atlanta and meeting several white bruhs with big ass APhiA brands on their arms.

Again, blown away.

I also distinctly remember one of our neos getting his peri ran in a bathroom because he had a stuttering problem and didn't respond to someone's challenge fast enough. :-(

srys bizness
Lol

You know how ques scrap, right? Well at our first convention my ace, the dumbass, spaced out completely while talking history and this 1980s old head calls him out. My ace tho... this dude pulls the "don't hit me IM CRAZY" from Hey Arnold! and strips butt naked in a loaded parking lot then yells "ILL DIE FOR THIS SHIT" like a ghetto caveman.

A legend was born.

Lol

You know how ques scrap, right? Well at our first convention my ace, the dumbass, spaced out completely while talking history and this 1980s old head calls him out. My ace tho... this dude pulls the "don't hit me IM CRAZY" from Hey Arnold! and strips butt naked in a loaded parking lot then yells "ILL DIE FOR THIS SHIT" like a ghetto caveman.

A legend was born.

:eek:

oh, to have been a fly on the wall. :-(

ReiGun

Speaking of Naruto, before the Cloud village was introduced, I used to think Kiba was the desginated black person. Which sucked cause he's like the worst ninja ever.

all these black comics and cartoon character mentions...and nobody seems to remember or know about:

bloodsyndicatevol11.jpg

staticvol11.jpg

shadowcabinetvol10.jpg

hardware1n.jpg

still have the first couple issues of all of these somewhere in an old box. they were pretty damn good.

Lol

A legend was born.
ibqeJ6Vz0iiww1.gif

all these black comics and cartoon character mentions...and nobody seems to remember or know about:

staticvol11.jpg
Is that Static Shock? He was the WORST.

Derwind

Okay I'm not going to say anything about the cartoon network/WB show... Cause I liked it...

But the damn intro was horrible.

Top Bottom