• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Himuro said:
Man, there's this B.o.B cat too.

Fuck, I'm out of the loop when it comes to new music. How do you people keep up with new mainstream music? I don't listen to the radio anymore or watch BET or those award shows.

There are a few mixtape series that are out which put the best new rap songs out for that week or month. Not all radio hits, not all underground. I totally forgot the name of the site, I'll post it when I get home.

Imm0rt4l

captmcblack said:
Do they?

Successful black men are still black - so we're still closer to Blanka and Dan in the dating pool than Guile and Honda unless we look like fucking Denzel (and have bank like him, too).

Also. the success of black men is relative - a black man who is well-paid and well-respected in his field is more likely to be considered a cornball or a square than a black professional athlete or entertainer or something who would definitely be hailed as a big success. We still don't have a famous black tech guy or scientist, and our beloved black artists are few and far between (why don't we have more important writers/poets/artists?) these days.

Would Langston Hughes get any burn today in a world where James Frey and the Twilight lady is big shit? Why is the only black artist I know today Basquiat when I'm 27 years old? Surely some black person has made some substantial artwork on that level since then, right?

also, as for music - the best thing that ever happened was the invention of the blog. I don't listen to much radio at all these days, but things like Pitchfork, Brooklynvegan, Tinymixtapes, Nahright, SOHH, Rapradar and Worldstarhiphop keep me abreast of anything that happens in music.

...that, and GAF. :)

I think so. As a black man, I've been with white women, asian women, and latina women. Not saying my being a darkskinned black man makes me S tier cuz we sure aint the pick of the lot most of the time. You're much more likely to see a black dude with a white chic than you are a white dude/asian dude with a black chic. But I suppose if you're Melyssa Ford bad...

Beezy

Himuro said:

Fuck, I'm out of the loop when it comes to new music. How do you people keep up with new mainstream music? I don't listen to the radio anymore or watch BET or those award shows.
internet

My friends tell me about a lot of stuff. Plus there's blogs like 2dopeboyz and nahright. Also there's the gaf hip hop thread...

Dreams-Visions said:
wait, hmm? you mean like..main stream famous? because I can name several.

Yeah, like mainstream famous.

I am sure there are kids that want to be Steve Jobs or Bill Gates (I know, because I was one of those kids). Is there a black analog of this? Shit, I'd settle for a black Jeff Bezos (Amazon) or Pierre Omidyar (eBay), or even a black Mark Zuckerman (Facebook).

The BET guy is probably the best we've got (Robert Johnson) to date that I can think of.

[EDIT: I know DeGrasse Tyson. There's got to be more than that.]

sciplore

Himuro said:

I keep the tv on vh1 and fuse. Its sad I know but hey its the only way I bother to keep up with all my rap and hip-hop music generally.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
haha wow.
I was surrounded by girls that were into black guys today. "I LOVE that mix of African culture"
"I'd love it if you could hook me up with a Kenyan guy, I love swahili".

"You study Russian? That's so cool."-

All part of the fucking game man.

It's one of those days where being black is more awesome than usual.

edit:
In general, it seems that approaching girls really helps if you're black. But my problem?
I don't behave black. But I honestly think that this makes me even hotter. For real man.
I'm shedding and destroying, that preconcieved notion of black guys should act like thugs. Girls have told me that I dress better than most people around me, lately.

Imm0rt4l

captmcblack said:
Yeah, like mainstream famous.

I am sure there are kids that want to be Steve Jobs or Bill Gates (I know, because I was one of those kids). Is there a black analog of this? Shit, I'd settle for a black Jeff Bezos (Amazon) or Pierre Omidyar (eBay), or even a black Mark Zuckerman (Facebook).

The BET guy is probably the best we've got (Robert Johnson) to date that I can think of.
He's the first billionaire that came to mind(other than oprah), but I recall him selling BET. I'm sure he aint cakin like before, still got guap though, I'm sure.

sciplore

Himuro said:
vh1 still plays music videos?
In that 4am-11am time slot it does. I sleep with the tv on so I just catch whatever is playing when I get up.

Veidt said:
haha wow.
I was surrounded by girls that were into black guys today. "I LOVE that mix of African culture"
"I'd love it if you could hook me up with a Kenyan guy, I love swahili".

"You study Russian? That's so cool."-

All part of the fucking game man.

It's one of those days where being black is more awesome than usual.

edit:
In general, it seems that approaching girls really helps if you're black. But my problem?
I don't behave black. But I honestly think that this makes me even hotter. For real man.

You need a good day to feel happy to be black?

......ok then

Veidt

sciplore said:
In that 4am-11am time slot it does. I sleep with the tv on so I just catch whatever is playing when I get up.

You need a good day to feel happy to be black?

......ok then
More awesome that usual brah. It went from godly, to you are now GOD HIMSELF.

Imm0rt4l

Bleepey said:

Mama: Victor, Victor, what is this result ehn? What is this ruport kad (report card)? Are you stupid? Are you stupid?

Victor: (no answer)

Mama: hei, hei, you cannot answer abi? You cannot answer she?1 year, 6 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 10 hours and 17 seconds ago, when you were suspended from school for insulting your teacher, you could talk o! Now you are deaf and dumb. I have forgiven and ‘forgotten’ about that incident o because that is the type of person I am but now this is too much. My son is now a dullard! You will see stars today when I am done with you. Kisses teeth.

LMFAO

Yooooooo.....

Imm0rt4l said:
I think so. As a black man, I've been with white women, asian women, and latina women. Not saying my being a darkskinned black man makes me S tier cuz we sure aint the pick of the lot most of the time. You're much more likely to see a black dude with a white chic than you are a white dude/asian dude with a black chic. But I suppose if you're Melyssa Ford bad...

My perception (which probably doesn't really count for much because I'm white and don't have THAT much exposure to it all) is that it is black men probably do have more opportunity to date outside their ethnicity than black women, but they also seem to be more accepting of it at the same time. I would actually say that fact holds true for most races in my experience. In my wifes family it seems like all of the men married white women, but the women have flat out said (especially my wife's mother) that they wouldn't dare marry any man who wasn't chinese. I think it's a product of men wanting to fuck whatever walks.

Imm0rt4l

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
My perception (which probably doesn't really count for much because I'm white and don't have THAT much exposure to it all) is that it is black men probably do have more opportunity to date outside their ethnicity than black women, but they also seem to be more accepting of it at the same time. I would actually say that fact holds true for most races in my experience. In my wifes family it seems like all of the men married white women, but the women have flat out said (especially my wife's mother) that they wouldn't dare marry any man who wasn't chinese. I think it's a product of men wanting to fuck whatever walks.
I agree

sooperkool said:
George Washington Carver, seriously????

I really feel like people are missing what I was trying to say.

It isn't that we don't have any scientists, tech guys, intellectuals, political figures or anything of relevance, and it's not that we never had them either.

It is that today, whatever such people in those groups we have are not nearly as important/celebrated as similar figures who are entertainers or athletes...and the people in that science/tech/politics/intellectual group are of much lesser relative importance/mainstream fame in today's society as their non-black counterparts.

So stop naming people like Carver, or things like that. Gimme today's people, dammit!

captmcblack said:
I really feel like people are missing what I was trying to say.

It isn't that we don't have any scientists, tech guys, intellectuals, political figures or anything of relevance.

It is that today, whatever such people in those groups we have are not nearly as important/celebrated as similar figures who are entertainers or athletes...and the people in that science/tech/politics/intellectual group are of much lesser relative importance/mainstream fame in today's society as their non-black counterparts.

So stop naming people like Carver, or things like that. Gimme today's people, dammit!
scientists, tech guys, intellectuals and political figures are not celebrated in any major segment of American society or any of its subcultures.

Those recent Intel commercials are the only ones I've ever seen embracing tech people and their work. It's not sexy. It doesn't sell. Your average person--black, white or other--couldn't name the CEO of Microsoft, IBM, Sony, HP, Time-Warner or Intel. They couldn't tell you who invented the microprocessor, calculator, flash storage, the CD, radio, etc. But they can all tell you who Will Smith is and what show Snookie is on.

That's a American culture problem. Misplaced priorities have been fucking up generations for a long time now.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Dreams-Visions said:
scientists, tech guys, intellectuals and political figures are not celebrated in any major segment of American society or any of its subcultures.

Those recent Intel commercials are the only ones I've ever seen embracing tech people and their work. It's not sexy. It doesn't sell. Your average person--black, white or other--couldn't name the CEO of Microsoft, IBM, Sony, HP, Time-Warner or Intel. They couldn't tell you who invented the microprocessor, calculator, flash storage, the CD, radio, etc. But they can all tell you who Will Smith is and what show Snookie is on.

That's a American culture problem. Misplaced priorities have been fucking up generations for a long time now.

Truth. Intellect isn't marketable.

Dreams-Visions said:

I'm pretty sure "The Social Network" sexified the tech sector to a pretty large degree. While I hate Mark Zuckerberg, there are plenty of white/asian (even women) role models in tech that I'd look up to, but you'd be hard pressed to say the same for black/latino.

Dreams-Visions said:

Those recent Intel commercials are the only ones I've ever seen embracing tech people and their work. It's not sexy. It doesn't sell. Your average person--black, white or other--couldn't name the CEO of Microsoft, IBM, Sony, HP, Time-Warner or Intel. But they can all tell you who Will Smith is and what show Snookie is on.

More people can tell me who Bill Gates is than...whatever the black version of Bill Gates (does anyone have an answer for that?) is.

We just had a big and critically acclaimed movie about the creation and creators of Facebook.

Even if American culture as a whole celebrates the wrong things, at least there are some of the right people being celebrated. In black culture, it seems like few of the right people are being celebrated...and shit, I could at least start worrying about celebrating the right people if people could even tell me who they are :lol

So again - are there black analogs of those famous non-black people in the mainstream?
Would our famous writers, tech guys, scientists, artists and intellectuals of the past get any burn today if they existed today? Would black women be as interested in dating Richard Wright as they would be interested in James Frey?

sciplore

Himuro said:
I agree with CapMcBlack.

I hate it when people bring up old people that are far long dead instead of creating new black people for the youth to look up to.

We were lucky we grew up in a time when there was a Cosby Show, C-Bear and Jamall, Different World, Living Color. What does today's youth have? Mother fucking Tyler Perry.
I was going to say UPN but they shut that down but hey if you got decent cable you can look at Centric which show a lot of good black shows. Hell this gen got the proud family growing up you know. I would take that over C-Bear and Jamal.

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
I'm pretty sure "The Social Network" sexified the tech sector to a pretty large degree.
nope. it sexified Mark Z, not the tech sector.

when your average person says,

"damn...I want to be a computer scientist so that I can create..."

Then I'll agree with you. People are generally very disconnected from what they see in an entertainment medium anyway and I've not heard any murmurs of high school teachers noticing an uptick in interest in advanced math or science classes. But I certainly acknowledge that I could be wrong. I just don't think a movie is going to have an effect on the image of the lifestyle a computer engineer or computer scientist.

in fact...now that I think about it, I'd suggest that The Social Network really reinforces the stereotypes: anti-social, awkward, annoying, uncool, unbathed, zit-faced, nerdy white males. Nobody wants to be that. A huge part of the reason why it's so hard to get minorities and women interested in science/math-related fields.

Jobs is the only techie that is a household name that might invoke a positive image.

Himuro said:
Time to break out the books, yo.

These are the voices which we hear in solitude, but they grow faint and inaudible as we enter in the world. Society everywhere is in conspiracy against the manhood of every one of its members. Society is a joint-stock company, in which the members agree, for the better securing of his bread to each shareholder, to surrender the liberty and culture of the eater. The virtue in most requests is conformity. Self-reliance is its aversion. It loves not realities and creators, but names and customs. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

The millions are awake enough for physical labor, but only one in a million is awake enough for effective intellectual exertion, only one in a hundred millions to a poetic or divine life. To be awake is to be alive. - Henry David Thoreau

These were written in the 1800's. Hardly an American problem or even an modern problem; it is a human problem.

But I digress, this does not take away from CaptMcBlack's overall point. :)
word.

Himuro said:
There's Everybody Hates Chris but that show had bad ratings, no?

It probably cost too much money to make, considering Chris Rock was involved.
The ratings couldn't have been awful enough for UPN/the CW to be able to cancel it. I mean, 5 people watch that network to begin with - and 4 of them act on Burn Notice which comes on UPN/the CW.

Nameless said:

That's hilarious because my mom tells me I need to go to church to find a good wife at least once a week.

If I have any problems in life it's because I don't go to church.
If I have success it's only a small portion of my true success because I don't go to church.
If I'm with someone it's not someone I should be with because they don't go to church.
If I'm single it's because I don't go to church.

You can't win :lol

Himuro said:
"that's no realistic goal for a nigger"

This is the ultimate thing about being a black person in the world today.

Imagine having an encyclopedic knowledge of all the situations for which that statement would plausibly apply, but not having to have learned it from some book somewhere, or some seminar to have explained it to you. You just seem to know it for some reason, and deal with it.

Imagine knowing that the country you live in, or the world at large will never explicitly state that the above statement is true for many things to you, but will make things just difficult enough to imply it.

The battle between hating that the above is true for things, even in some infinitesimal way - and fighting to prove it isn't true, even when that shit is built right into your brain before you even know why you "understand" that is what being black is to me sometimes.

Great link, Himuro (and PD: lol)

captmcblack said:
This is the ultimate thing about being a black person in the world today.

Imagine having an encyclopedic knowledge of all the situations for which that statement would plausibly apply, but not having to have learned it from some book somewhere, or some seminar to have explained it to you. You just seem to know it for some reason, and deal with it.

Imagine knowing that the country you live in, or the world at large will never explicitly state that the above statement is true for many things to you, but will make things just difficult enough to imply it.

The battle between hating that the above is true for things, even in some infinitesimal way - and fighting to prove it isn't true, even when that shit is built right into your brain before you even know why you "understand" that is what being black is to me sometimes.

Great link, Himuro (and PD: lol)

"If you can control a man's thinking you do not have to worry about his action. When you determine what a man shall think you do not have to concern yourself about what he will do. If you make a man feel that he is inferior, you do not have to compel him to accept an inferior status, for he will seek it himself. If you make a man think that he is justly an outcast, you do not have to order him to the back door. He will go without being told; and if there is no back door, his very nature will demand one."
-Carter G. Woodson

that quote has been burned into my memory for probably a decade. it is absolute truth.

sciplore

^ Indeed. I still cringe to this day when I hear parents tell their children that blacks cannot work in the (insert job) industry.

sciplore said:
^ Indeed. I still cringe to this day when I hear parents tell their children that blacks cannot work in the (insert job) industry.
"You ain't shit!"

sends me into a rage. Stop dumping on your fucking kids self-esteem just because you're a fatass failure. Because eventually, they'll believe you.

Veidt

So any black agnostics made that jump to Atheism yet?
I'm done with agnosticism. I'm a "No proof, no deity"- kind of man now. No religion is good enough to prove god exists. I don't want metaphors, or whatever. I want cold hard proof. And no religion does that, or is even put together well enough to seriously consider. It doesn't make sense for the originator of the universe ( multiverse now), to convey himself to people who had no knowledge, and teach them things that are logically, factually and morally wrong.
What is wrong with requiring proof? Nothing. If god does exist, that god would prefer measurement and mathematics over everything. The laws of physics alone,are far too complex to attribute to a god that forbids seafood and encourages slavery.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Veidt said:
I'm done with agnosticism. I'm a "No proof, no deity"- kind of man now. No religion is good enough to prove god exists. I don't want metaphors, or whatever. I want cold hard proof. And no religion does that, or is even put together well enough to seriously consider. It doesn't make sense for the originator of the universe ( multiverse now), to convey himself to people who had no knowledge, and teach them things that are logically, factually and morally wrong.
What is wrong with requiring proof? Nothing. If god does exist, that god would prefer measurement and mathematics over everything. The laws of physics alone,are far too complex to attribute to a god that forbids seafood and encourages slavery.
I would, and I actually want to just be able to say that I'm a real atheist but I can't yet. I've been shot at too many times and been through so many fucked up situations for me to just say 'yeah - i'm that lucky'. Not saying that some magic hand from the sky came and knocked the shells away from me on six different occasions, but at the same time I just feel a lot better having something, no matter how real or fake, to sort of lean on or hope for when shit inevitably hits the fan again.

Organized religion isn't my thing. From the cornerstore churches to the megachurches to the churches that just don't shit with that building fund - I'm indifferent. I don't care anymore. Its mostly for the older generations anyway. Hell, sometimes they actually do a good thing for the community here and there. So... I'm indifferent. I have been for about 3 years now. One day I just got up and walked out of service and pretty much everyone in the building knew that I had mentally checked out from that point - family history be damned. I'll go to church every once in a while with my grandmother and smile and shake hands and have a good time - but do I give a fuck? Not at all. Someone says something crazy to me, I smile and laugh. I could pick apart their logic all day long and be a general asshole, but for what? I've seen enough people have their lives stabilized by church so... meh :/

Nameless

Veidt said:

Agnosticism is sort of a weird term now a days. Its become this one stop shop for doubters and the non-religious, of varying degrees. Everyone seems to subscribe to a different definition. One friend calls her self an agnostic saying while she doesn't believe in God she "believes in something". An agnostic cousin of mine believes in God but not organized religion. I dawned the label briefly, though I was functionally an Atheist, for lack of a better word(I know you can be both). The notion of the universe being created by a bearded white dude is equally as unknowable as that of the universe being crapped out by an enormous incorporeal Unicorn. Or the possibility that we all just popped into existence ten seconds ago, pre-loaded with artificial memories and experiences. I found myself grasping to a philosophical olive branch if you will. While I didn't believe in at all, in any specific god or Gods, I refused to completely dismiss the concept/idea because, as with any other crack pot idea people have and will pull out of their asses, it was ultimately unknowable.

Obviously I saw the faults in logic there. What made this idea for which there is no evidence any different than any other? Nothing. I might as well have sat on the fence on about my Unicorn theory.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
sooperkool said:
The fact that people think that Drake is a lyricist tells you just how far things have fallen.

Thank you!

I bet the DOC is facepalming right now!

I was raised in a very religious family. Initially my parents were Pentecostals, so they were strict on a lot of things; I remember one time my dad saw me watching Fresh Prince and was like "turn that off and I better not catch you watching it again" because he didn't like how the kids in the show interacted with their parents. Once my parents switched to being non-denominational they got less strict, but I still wasn't allowed to watch a lot of stuff on TV, celebrate Halloween, etc; I hate Halloween to this day because they'd have me pass out candy and tracts to kids, who would often feel so bad for me and my brothers that they'd give us their candy.

At one point I went to one of those Halloween revivals at a church. Scared the shit out of me and afterwards I went to the alter and confessed and all that stuff. I was pretty actively religious for awhile, reading the Bible and everything. But once I got to highschool I slowly lost interest and came to view religion as something that only made my life worse as a kid. Any god who gave a shit whether I trick r treated or watched Fresh Prince wasn't worth slaving over. Now I just look at religion as a joke, yet at the same time finding myself defending it whenever it's under attack on GAF or in a classroom. I really don't know why.

My entire family is deeply religious, and I haven't discussed much of anything about god with them recently. Last year during a somewhat heated "family bible class" I couldn't help but express my views on some issues, and my mom asked me point blank if I believed Jesus died/rose again. Honestly I don't anymore. Does that make me atheist or agnostic? Dunno. There could be a god; I certainly don't think there's any proof that there isn't one. But if there is I doubt he gives too much of a shit about humans.

Dreams-Visions said:

Sad but true.

Imm0rt4l

Veidt said:
I'm still just agnostic. I don't believe in any Religious doctrine, because if there were such a thing as a true word of God, it has undoubtedly been defiled by man. I think about how our world was created and just think it's crazy that our world was created just by luck(but that is probably just the case). I read somewhere that the odds of our planet being created in such a matter that it would be conducive to form life is something like 10^10^127. Whether that is true or not I dunno as I can't even fathom that. But I'll never be on the outside looking in, always in looking out. If God does exist, he's not the one depicted in the books and really I don't care and I'm sure he doesn't either because if he was all powerful all knowing and demanded that we be loyal servants than he'd do just that.

the Christian God I was raised to believe in didn't make sense to me even as a child when my mom explained to me the concept of the Garden of Eden, original sin and all that jazz. Becuase my mom prefaced all this with God being all knowing and all powerful, yet he took 6 days to create the world and rested on the 7th and for whatever reason forgot that he was omnipotent and told the pair not to eat the apple even though apparently he already knows they're going to eat the apple. I never really let it bother me too much as a kid, but the more active my mom became in the church in my teen years the more I became angry at myself for not really feeling anything. When the pastor touches people and they faint on cue for example, never happened with me. I felt like a 13 year old Langston Hughes:

I was saved from sin when I was going on thirteen. But not really saved. It happened like this. There was a big revival at my Auntie Reed's church. Every night for weeks there had been much preaching, singing, praying, and shouting, and some very hardened sinners had been brought to Christ, and the membership of the church had grown by leaps and bounds. Then just before the revival ended, they held a special meeting for children, "to bring the young lambs to the fold." My aunt spoke of it for days ahead. That night I was escorted to the front row and placed on the mourners' bench with all the other young sinners, who had not yet been brought to Jesus.

My aunt told me that when you were saved you saw a light, and something happened to you inside! And Jesus came into your life! And God was with you from then on! She said you could see and hear and feel Jesus in your soul. I believed her. I had heard a great many old people say the same thing and it seemed to me they ought to know. So I sat there calmly in the hot, crowded church, waiting for Jesus to come to me.

The preacher preached a wonderful rhythmical sermon, all moans and shouts and lonely cries and dire pictures of hell, and then he sang a song about the ninety and nine safe in the fold, but one little lamb was left out in the cold. Then he said: "Won't you come? Won't you come to Jesus? Young lambs, won't you come?" And he held out his arms to all us young sinners there on the mourners' bench. And the little girls cried. And some of them jumped up and went to Jesus right away. But most of us just sat there.

A great many old people came and knelt around us and prayed, old women with jet-black faces and braided hair, old men with work-gnarled hands. And the church sang a song about the lower lights are burning, some poor sinners to be saved. And the whole building rocked with prayer and song.

Still I kept waiting to see Jesus.

Finally all the young people had gone to the altar and were saved, but one boy and me. He was a rounder's son named Westley. Westley and I were surrounded by sisters and deacons praying. It was very hot in the church, and getting late now. Finally Westley said to me in a whisper: "God damn! I'm tired o' sitting here. Let's get up and be saved." So he got up and was saved.

Then I was left all alone on the mourners' bench. My aunt came and knelt at my knees and cried, while prayers and song swirled all around me in the little church. The whole congregation prayed for me alone, in a mighty wail of moans and voices. And I kept waiting serenely for Jesus, waiting, waiting - but he didn't come. I wanted to see him, but nothing happened to me. Nothing! I wanted something to happen to me, but nothing happened.

I heard the songs and the minister saying: "Why don't you come? My dear child, why don't you come to Jesus? Jesus is waiting for you. He wants you. Why don't you come? Sister Reed, what is this child's name?"

"Langston," my aunt sobbed.

"Langston, why don't you come? Why don't you come and be saved? Oh, Lamb of God! Why don't you come?"

Now it was really getting late. I began to be ashamed of myself, holding everything up so long. I began to wonder what God thought about Westley, who certainly hadn't seen Jesus either, but who was now sitting proudly on the platform, swinging his knickerbockered legs and grinning down at me, surrounded by deacons and old women on their knees praying. God had not struck Westley dead for taking his name in vain or for lying in the temple. So I decided that maybe to save further trouble, I'd better lie, too, and say that Jesus had come, and get up and be saved.

So I got up.

Suddenly the whole room broke into a sea of shouting, as they saw me rise. Waves of rejoicing swept the place. Women leaped in the air. My aunt threw her arms around me. The minister took me by the hand and led me to the platform.

When things quieted down, in a hushed silence, punctuated by a few ecstatic "Amens," all the new young lambs were blessed in the name of God. Then joyous singing filled the room.

That night, for the first time in my life but one for I was a big boy twelve years old - I cried. I cried, in bed alone, and couldn't stop. I buried my head under the quilts, but my aunt heard me. She woke up and told my uncle I was crying because the Holy Ghost had come into my life, and because I had seen Jesus. But I was really crying because I couldn't bear to tell her that I had lied, that I had deceived everybody in the church, that I hadn't seen Jesus, and that now I didn't believe there was a Jesus anymore, since he didn't come to help me.

Himuro said:
Welcome to me a year ago. I'm agnostic atheist, though.
Those ideas are mutually exclusive.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Tokubetsu said:
Says the man who thinks Attention Deficit is a good album *shots fired* *run for cover*

Yeah it does shit all over Kid Cudi

Blackace said:
Yeah it does shit all over Kid Cudi
Like I said before somewhere.

Lyrically, Wale > Cudi. That's clear even to Cudi fans.

Creatively and more willing to expand to different music types? Cudi > Wale.

I'm a fan of both. Mixtape Wale > Album Wale, though. :D

So, are they any black Mark Zuckerburgs in the pipeline? I don't think there can be another Bill Gates of any race anything soon. The dude is just incredible.

spindashing said:
Like I said before somewhere.

Lyrically, Wale > Cudi. That's clear even to Cudi fans.

Creatively and more willing to expand to different music types? Cudi > Wale.

I'm a fan of both. Mixtape Wale > Album Wale, though. :D
Attention Deficit was the shit. Depth, pain, sorrow, introspection.

Top Bottom