• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

soul creator said:
remember when every rapper was required to make a "I'm the black _____ ______" reference on their songs? Ahh, good times.

"The black Frank White"

my favorite was from Lupe

"I'm white people's Kool-Aid" :D

Attention: Deficit was exactly like Thank Me Later was compared to its corresponding mixtape (The Mixtape About Nothing/Back to the Feature and So Far Gone) - underwhelming, even those it was still good.

The Mixtape about Nothing was cohesive, had excellent production, a novel theme and Wale was going IN on every track. Attention: Deficit was good and had okay production on many songs, but considering his free music prior was GREAT, GOOD wasn't good enough.

Not surprisingly, More about Nothing was also a great mixtape (though not better than the original; you probably can't have endless Seinfeld mixtapes, lol). Hopefully Wale's next album will match his free music.

Lebron

Why do black people stare at other black people so much? Good god, man, I can't walk past one here without them giving me the "I think I know you, or don't like you" stare. Walking by each other? You catching a stare! Driving by as I'm walking? You catching a stare! Watching me drive by as you walking? You catching a stare!

Lebron said:
Why do black people stare at other black people so much? Good god, man, I can't walk past one here without them giving me the "I think I know you, or don't like you" stare. Walking by each other? You catching a stare! Driving by as I'm walking? You catching a stare! Watching me drive by as you walking? You catching a stare!
:lol

Same here. This ultimately results in The Head Nod. Generally white people seem to smile as they walk past - I just say "how are you doing" although sometimes I give them the nod too.

Tokubetsu

Dreams-Visions said:
we're waiting for the requisite acknowledgment-by-head-nod.

Nod your head. The staring will cease. :lol

Yep. Any minority really. When I was up in Ga and walking to class, I'd often have hispanics do the stare as well. I once had some guy straight up walk right up to me and go in the the fist pound. I did not deny it and we head nodded away :lol

It's worse in Haiti. They literally stare a hole down your soul with their eyes. :lol I play the game, who will be the first to turn away first. I won a couple, but some of those guys looked too threatening...

zero_suit

Dreams-Visions said:
we're waiting for the requisite acknowledgment-by-head-nod.

Nod your head. The staring will cease. :lol

Oh, damn. I bet a lot of my fellow brahs hated me in college since I didn't nod my head unless they did first.:lol

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I tend to go down-up. Do it like the old heads.
Lebron said:
No sir, I will not yield. I only activate it after said person does it first. That is Smith Law.
No man, it's a simultaneous act. He's just waiting for you to help synchronize the move.

Toski

Lebron said:
Wait until you go somewhere where there is few other black people. It's like you're acknowledging each other's blackness or something. Like "Oh my stars another negro" :lol .

Well brothers, sisters and honored guests.... the NBA season is here and will be the talk of the barbershops. Since a lot of "us" feel this is o"our" sport, anyone planning anything big for tonight?

Lebron

K.Jack said:
No man, it's a simultaneous act. He's just waiting for you to help synchronize the move.
I'm all washed up, I can't even get the handshakes down anymore. I normally just let my hand go numb and let them have their way with it. I can't keep up with all the secret club hand movements anymore.

Toski said:
Wait until you go somewhere where there is few other black people. It's like you're acknowledging each other's blackness or something. Like "Oh my stars another negro" .
:lol

Toski said:
Wait until you go somewhere where there is few other black people. It's like you're acknowledging each other's blackness or something. Like "Oh my stars another negro" :lol .

Speaking of this....

Every black person I saw in Sweden, well we acknowledged each other in some way. It was like a small bit of love being shared.

Toski said:
it really feels like a requirement when there are obviously very few of us.

and yes, I do get kinda offended when my existence isn't acknowledged...because I really feel that sense of recognition is important. even though it probably isn't.

sooperkool said:
Speaking of this....

Every black person I saw in Sweden, well we acknowledged each other in some way. It was like a small bit of love being shared.
as it should be. doesn't matter if you're in a raggedy t-shirt or a tailored suit...the expectations are the same. show some love.

Lebron

sooperkool said:
Well brothers, sisters and honored guests.... the NBA season is here and will be the talk of the barbershops. Since a lot of "us" feel this is o"our" sport, anyone planning anything big for tonight?
I'm going to randomly laugh at the Celtics from my phone as I study here in the Lib till midnight. Then tomorrow I will get random feedback on how does it feel living in the Lebron Age.

I have a confession to make as a black man .......

I ........ don't watch ......... basketball .....

*fades into the midnight darkness with his skin as camouflage.*

Teach me your ways. :D

Lebron said:
And here I was planning on having your back laughing during the Robot Wars as they go right by us because they can't track black people.

But the Dream is gone.
hold me down, Lebron.

One thing I found, One thing I found, I know you'll never let me down

zero_suit

spindashing said:
I have a confession to make as a black man .......

I ........ don't watch ......... basketball .....

*fades into the midnight darkness with his skin as camouflage.*

Teach me your ways. :D

Do you at least watch football? NFL>>>>>>NBA.

I have an even worse confession to make

I don't ... watch ... sports.

You guys can take my black card away now.

._. I don't know where to start with 'em...

I understand more of Basketball's rules and regulations. I don't understand a thing with football. :lol They tried to get me for football in highschool but I didn't even get how to play + my shyness kept me from it. Damn I coulda had a few bitches.

sciplore

sooperkool said:
Not really a sports fan but I plan to troll all my Magic loving relatives by praising the Miami Heats :lol

spindashing said:
I have an even worse confession to make

I don't ... watch ... sports.

You guys can take my black card away now.

._. I don't know where to start with 'em...

I understand more of Basketball's rules and regulations. I don't understand a thing with football. :lol They tried to get me for football in highschool but I didn't even get how to play + my shyness kept me from it. Damn I coulda had a few bitches.

You need to come to my final four party. Ladies, food.... sports. I'll make a believer out of you.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Every year I try to regain my interest in football but can't.. I liked the eras of dynastys... I do not like hard caps

zero_suit

Himuro said:
I actually think that, as a league, the NFL is the best: shorter seasons, the games matter more. NBA and MLB season are too fucking long and the games don't matter as much when there's a game almost every day.

That and the NFL has more parity than those two leagues.

zero_suit

Blackace said:
Every year I try to regain my interest in football but can't.. I liked the eras of dynastys... I do not like hard caps

That's one of the main reasons I rank the NBA lower than the NFL; it needs a cap.

Lebron

DrFunk said:
Ladies Track and Field = <3
It's the only reason why I stuck with it.

Winning them events and having them run up to congratulate you in them outfits, my goodness. You couldn't grab the back because that number could fall off, can't have that now, can we? So I would be the gentleman and bring the hands down lower to save them the potential disaster. Some people ran for the gold, I ran for the booty.

sciplore

Dreams-Visions said:
you must be a Yankee fan.

lol, Olympics. depends on the sport, I guess.
I like the Olympics, it shows me a bunch of different sports that black people take part in like fencing and gymnastics :D.
Course there really have been much black gymnast lately but there once was.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
zero_suit said:
That's one of the main reasons I rank the NBA lower than the NFL; it needs a cap.

MLB has NO cap.. NBA has a cap.. The soft cap is awesome because it allows you to keep your older players and not to have to cut or make stupid contracts that are end loaded and screw the players over.. NFL is the worst league for sure.. Back in the day we had stuff like the icky shuffle and what not.. No Fun League is for sure...

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Lebron said:
It's the only reason why I stuck with it.

Winning them events and having them run up to congratulate you in them outfits, my goodness. You couldn't grab the back because that number could fall off, can't have that now, can we? So I would be the gentleman and bring the hands down lower to save them the potential disaster. Some people ran for the gold, I ran for the booty.

Dude. Dude. That well-sculptured booty? In HD?

No words. Should have sent a poet.

Lebron

DrFunk said:
Dude. Dude. That well-sculptured booty? In HD?

No words. Should have sent a poet.
It's always the best when you come upon it by pure chance. Scanning through the channels late night and just happen to land on ESPN 2, then you hear, "We're back with the Women's 200m Dash."

Thank you based God *remote down*

Lebron said:
It's always the best when you come upon it by pure chance. Scanning through the channels late night and just happen to land on ESPN 2, then you hear, "We're back with the Women's 200m Dash."

denzelintro.jpg

Lebron said:

I have so much to learn. Will flip channels for some booty in ESPN2. :D

Question for all the sports fan. The sports teams that your fans of are they local or in other parts of the country. For example im a cowboys fan but i live in NYC (Yea i watched the game last night SMH as if the season wasn't already over for them.

Im just curious because i always get an ear full for being a cowboys fan. I'm always a die hard yankees fan.

Top Bottom