• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

RoH

I have this hypothesis, many more people now view the world from Bubble realities, artificial constructs created and enabled by likeminded social (hive) groups over the internet. These bubbles are essentially filters or gates between the individuals and reality. The bubble has no geographic boarders, no initial socioeconomic boundaries beyond the technological costs of access, and skew the perception of what is, is with a shared {social, hive} view. The individual is unaware or willfully ignorant of the bubbles influence. They believe the group does not lie, but the group is a lie!

A particular tell is if you read or respond with "how can this happen in 201x" or similar.

WHy is it the most camp gayest songs are my first picks in karaoke?

Swing Out Sister- Breakout
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnivOKYyWLY

Culture Club- Karma Chameleon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmcA9LIIXWw&ob=av2e

Madonna- Intro the Groove
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaqJl4oGgf8

I dance like a girl when they come on in the bar/club*

*not completely hetro bars/clubs

What other normally non-black music you guys like? Not like jazz or rock, but just like horribly corny or different. Country music?

Good. It ain't just me. Karma Chameleon is classic.

Also

It's Raining Men - Weather Girls

It's impossible not to feel better after listening to this song. Banger.

Link? I missed this.

After being beaten to the ground by Towering Black Football Player Trayvon Martin, Zimmerman reluctantly pulls the trigger in self-defense. Martin falls back and lets loose a mighty African laugh. "So it begins!" he cries (translated from thug language).

The transponder on his wrist contacts the White House, where Operation Caliphate sits waiting.

"Your majesty," cries an aide (likely homosexual), "Agent Martin, codenamed Fire of Allah, has completed his mission!"

Imam Hussein Obama clasps his hands and smirks, a "jazz cigarette" in his mouth. "And now the honkies will pay."

wow, saw that windowlurker post...

stay classy everyone!

"Always bet on black".

6u6sm.gif

BTW, its crazy that I am somehow now discovering The Jones Girls, Pointer Sisters, Mtume and The Mary Jane Girls.

I've heard their biggest hits via all the sampling going on in the industry but just hearing the original tracks is pretty cool and reminds me that there was black music outside of MJ, Prince and other big singers. Its just crazy that so many bands have fallen away and don't have the recognition they deserve.

I have this hypothesis, many more people now view the world from Bubble realities, artificial constructs created and enabled by likeminded social (hive) groups over the internet. These bubbles are essentially filters or gates between the individuals and reality. The bubble has no geographic boarders, no initial socioeconomic boundaries beyond the technological costs of access, and skew the perception of what is, is with a shared {social, hive} view. The individual is unaware or willfully ignorant of the bubbles influence. They believe the group does not lie, but the group is a lie!

A particular tell is if you read or respond with "how can this happen in 201x" or similar.

Everyone lives in their own bubble and that bubble is that people believe in what they think without exception. The irrigation of the world will obviously influence what and how they think.

It's quite similar to how people who hear voices often believe what they hear.

Few people change their minds, until some life altering event comes upon them.

If a person isn't of the sort to expand their conscious range then inevitably what they were yesterday will be what they are tomorrow.

In fact their life could be read like an open book.

I recognize that type of mean-mugging. You probably woke her up, didn't you?

Congrats all the same!

her mother probably did to feed her. This baby sleeps all the time! I hope she keeps it up because I really, really like sleeping.

Edit: We named her Genevieve Catherine. took us a while to settle on a name. Her parents were a bit paranoid I'd name her something ethnic.

her mother probably did to feed her. This baby sleeps all the time! I hope she keeps it up because I really, really like sleeping.

Edit: We named her Genevieve Catherine. took us a while to settle on a name. Her parents were a bit paranoid I'd name her something ethnic.

I'm sorry I laughed.

Congrats, what you done did that she already mean mugging you?

her mom took that photo this morning when i was away from the hospital. Probably woke her up to feed her, and that baby loves to sleep.

and yeah- some background: The Fiance and her family are nice people, but devout irish catholics from a small town, and I'm a black atheist from Philadelphia. I've gotten a LOT of oddball questions (will they let you in the hospital if you're not married??) but they mean well.

Derwind

breakfastbuddy.jpg

She's adorable! And has my nose. Any tips to keep her off the pole?

D'aww... She'd make the perfect GAF response pic, just need to edit the picture with a nice caption that says something along the lines of "This thread. Get out of it!" or "See your post. It displeases me."

Seriously though congrats man, she looks adorable.

Top Bottom