• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Boys Spinoff Gen V Gets First Trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Sans_titre.png

The turbulent lives of budding superheroes at an ultra-competitive school run by Vought International, where their physical toughness, hormones and limits are tested daily.
At stake: the best contracts for the best cities.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Ehhhh, the backstory of this show is so damn sloppy and stupid. And can they top that animated show with this? Will they even try? Can anyone do a non YA show with teens in it anymore?

And before anyone parrots Stranger Things to me, that show has been balls deep in YA since season 3.

RAÏSanÏa

Ehhhh, the backstory of this show is so damn sloppy and stupid. And can they top that animated show with this? Will they even try? Can anyone do a non YA show with teens in it anymore?

And before anyone parrots Stranger Things to me, that show has been balls deep in YA since season 3.
Unsure what you mean by non YA show with teens in it.

Yellowjackets?

Haven't watched any episodes of The Boys and know little about it other than a few clips and comments. Music pumping, Sesame Street, and Clancy Brown cinched a watch of this.

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

I'm talking about a show with the violence, gore, depravity, and nudity of The Boys but starring teen characters instead of adults.
Yellowjackets is suspense thriller horror with scenes in the first season of the past that led to the present. While it's non YA and has moments of what you describe it doesn't sound like it would show enough of what you're looking for in the way you're looking for.

Last edited:

daveonezero

Banned

Agreed the backstory and the history or how Vought did everything is getting really sloppy.

Anyone know how it compares to the graphic novels?

jason10mm

Gold Member
Yellowjackets is suspense thriller horror with scenes in the first season of the past that led to the present. While it's non YA and has moments of what you describe it doesn't sound like it would show enough of what you're looking for in the way you're looking for.
I forget what service has Yellowjackets but I might check it out. Well written adult drama is always welcome, it doesn't have to be salacious to interest me, just don't write like I'm a teen girl.

But The Boys, yeah that's salacious!

xrnzaaas

Looking at the cast it seems to be missing a charismatic character. And the original show has several of them. Probably a skip.

taizuke

Much like The Witcher: Blood Origin I thought I wasn't going to like this trailer but it looks good... might check it out.

Top Bottom