• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The British Government Has Introduced Its Bill To Leave The European Union

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh please, leave hyperbole to Trump. I really don't understand why people are so afraid of democracy. Perhaps you should consider emigrating to China.

Or perhaps the leave voters could channel their upper class money into buying a tax haven island and moving there leaving the country well alone. But no, let's fuck the poor for the sake of the rich because democracy. Blows my mind you people are still defending this mess while it all crumbles around you.

Or perhaps the leave voters could channel their upper class money into buying a tax haven island and moving there leaving the country well alone. But no, let's fuck the poor for the sake of the rich because democracy. Blows my mind you people are still defending this mess while it all crumbles around you.
Nothing has even happened yet! I know it is anecdotal, but I am pretty sure night is still turning into day, and day into night. Bread riots haven't quite broken out on the streets of England just yet.

Furthermore, the 'poor' you speak of are the core supporters of leaving the EU. I suggest you get off your computer and take a walk in these poor jobless areas with underfunded public services outside the London bubble and see what daily life is like for them. They are not happy with their quality of life. I wouldn't want to live in their shoes, and I would wager neither would you. So I sympathise for their plight and for wanting change. Like it or not, the referendum was their only avenue for saying to the establishment: we want change. Theresa May has understood that. Even Jeremy Corbyn has recognised that there is a sea change in society. It's time to recognise that and stop pining for 1997.

Erm...you may want to look up the demographics of leave voters. There's some nice graphs here.

StayDead

Nothing has even happened yet! I know it is anecdotal, but I am pretty sure night is still turning into day, and day into night. Bread riots haven't quite broken out on the streets of England just yet.

Furthermore, the 'poor' you speak of are the core supporters of leaving the EU. I suggest you get off your computer and take a walk in these poor jobless areas with underfunded public services outside the London bubble and see what daily life is like for them. They are not happy with their quality of life. I wouldn't want to live in their shoes, and I would wager neither would you. So I sympathise for their plight and for wanting change. Like it or not, the referendum was their only avenue for saying to the establishment: we want change. Theresa May has understood that. Even Jeremy Corbyn has recognised that there is a sea change in society. It's time to recognise that and stop pining for 1997.

The hilarious thing is they blame the EU for this and think they'll get money from our government once we leave.

Hilarious, they're fucked and they've done it to themselves.

The hilarious thing is they blame the EU for this and think they'll get money from our government once we leave.

I think the country will be poorer, but I don't necessarily think it will be as disastrous as some people are making out.

The lower rungs of society don't feel any benefit of UK being 5th in the GDP index and other countries lower down the GDP index still manage to provide social services. I think there will obviously need to be a realignment of priorities, and once we leave the EU, we will be able to do that. I will vote for a party that will prioritise spending on public services over maintaining our oversized military capacity. I welcome Theresa May and Corbyn's disavowal of liberal interventionism. The British Empire is gone. We need to recognise that and start acting accordingly and live within our means.

Erm...you may want to look up the demographics of leave voters. There's some nice graphs here.

And the poor war mislead by who during this campaign? Are we still pretending the leave campaign wasn't built on lies? Do you really think things are going to get better for them? How and why?

I'm genuinely curious because I'm seeing people say nothing has changed yet, but when it does, what makes you think it's going to be good? All I'm seeing is impending chaos when we become every other countries bitch in the deals struck whilst losing all EU funding. I don't get where this money is going to magic itself out of thin air to help people.

I think the country will be poorer, but I don't necessarily think it will be as disastrous as some people are making out.

The lower rungs of society don't feel any benefit of UK being 5th in the GDP index and other countries lower down the GDP index still manage to provide social services. I think there will obviously need to be a realignment of priorities, and once we leave the EU, we will be able to do that. I will vote for a party that will prioritise spending on public services over maintaining our oversized military capacity. I welcome Theresa May and Corbyn's disavowal of liberal interventionism. The British Empire is gone. We need to recognise that and start acting accordingly and live within our means.

I really hope they do but the government are acting as if they believe they still hold all the power.

And the poor war mislead by who during this campaign? Are we still pretending the leave campaign wasn't built on lies? Do you really think things are going to get better for them? How and why?

I'm genuinely curious because I'm seeing people say nothing has changed yet, but when it does, what makes you think it's going to be good? All I'm seeing is impending chaos when we become every other countries bitch in the deals struck whilst losing all EU funding. I don't get where this money is going to magic itself out of thin air to help people.

I really hope they do but the government are acting as if they believe they still hold all the power.

People were mislead and that's my main issue with politics is that they can lie and hide the truth from people and when the truth comes to light absolutely fuck all happens, how can we have any political system with a chance of helping people if politicians have free reign to lie and mislead, the same goes for the press in this country.

In or out of the EU we are fucked regardless. It's heartbreaking for us to be so powerless against these shit stains.

bosseye

I've been reading The latest Economists for Brexit publications. For anyone swept away on a tidal wave of negative hyperbole, or anyone just feeling a little down about everything it's worth a read to remind themselves that there are many routes forward through hard Brexit, not all of which are a burning pile of UK sized trash with GAF shouting 'told you so' over the smoke and stench of failure.

These are well respected and experienced economists mind. It's good to calm down once in a while yeah.

Bleepey

Wales, Cornwall and other areas that receive EU subsidies should not have the shortfall in eh subsidies rewarded by more govt money or lack of tax increases. I want them to ask Farage and Boris and co when their NHS or local services receive a lack of funding what happened to the extra £350 mill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom