• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Bus of the Future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutroy

hugebus02082010-1280706868.jpg

Can't imagine this one's left your collective conscience, but just in case: back in August, Shenzen Huashi Future Car-Parking Equipment unveiled its design for a commuter monorail that used the space between traffic and bridges. In a sense, the bus would straddle over its four-wheeled brethren at a rate of 25 to 50mph. Construction reportedly starts in Beijing's Mentougou district by year's end, but what of the rest of the world? Designer Song Youzhou has founded US Elevated High-Speed Bus (Group) Inc which, as the name would suggest, is on the look-out for manufacturers to build (and outlets to sell) the so-called straddling bus to the proper American locales. Sure, we're the Land of the Free and Home of the Extra-Tall Trucks (and Low Overhead Bridges), but don't let that get you discouraged.

Engadget

I did a search and couldn't find anything.

I have to say it looks pretty cool to me. I imaging it would be quite terrifying to be driving underneath it.

Zutroy

Damn you all!

I searched bus and all that came up was lots of Street Fighter and something about throwing a baby in front of one!

Though tbf, this is a different artical to the other one =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom