• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Civilization: Beyond Earth |OT| - The Future of Mankind

So I'm getting a new computer and want to be able to enjoy Civ to its full extent. I don't care about other games.

What should I look for in the computer so that I can run many AI Civs without turns taking ages to calculate? I assume that's really a processor issue? Or ram? How do I enjoy a 12 player game (not even sure this Civ can do it, this is just the newest OT I think?)

I saw no discernable difference between my 780 and 980ti.

No difference between 8gb and 16gb of memory

An SDD halved the loading speed

Some minor late-game performance gains from upgrading from my 2500k and whatever more modern processor I bought, but nothing to write home about.

Was thinking of getting both the base game and rising tide in the summer sale since I heard rising tide improved the game a lot. I played the demo for BE and was really let down, love Civ V with expansions though.

But then I did some research and found out you can't negotiate peace terms anymore? And that diplomacy in general was basically gutted? Did they ever patch that or...

Edit: they did thank god, was baffling they ever put that in

Bregor

Despite what a lot say, I still think Civ BE is a fine game.

The trouble is, it's a fine game in a world that already has several superb Civ games. Why play it when you could play Civ 4, 5, or 6?

Top Bottom