• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Civilization: Beyond Earth |OT| - The Future of Mankind

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Your dedication to CivBE's mechanics continues to be remarkable, Rentahamster. I almost wish I could get interested in CivBE (or, heck, any game) the way you do.

Hehe, thanks :) I haven't played the game in over a month, though. Turn 230-ish was the fastest I could whittle down my win times, so that about wrapped it up for me as far as what I wanted to do in the game. I booted up FTL one day to play that again, and got distracted.

Seems that the Winter Update is now live. If Firaxis had updated Beyond Earth before Cities: Skylines was released, then I may have had a chance to check the changes out.

Hehe, thanks :) I haven't played the game in over a month, though. Turn 230-ish was the fastest I could whittle down my win times, so that about wrapped it up for me as far as what I wanted to do in the game. I booted up FTL one day to play that again, and got distracted.

Yeah, big props to you on keeping tabs on this one. I need to come back and see if there is a way to play at a reasonable challenging difficulty-most of the balance changes from the patch before this I was already playing with via mods and it wasn't that hard.

Honestly the game needs some roto-rooting Firaxis xpac style, which I expect to hear about sometime in the spring alongside (hopefully) a glimpse of the next XCOM game.

They finally have an automated trade option, and while the rework tying number of trade routes to population growth in a city sounds kind of interesting, if it's the same volume of trade routes to manage in the end, it doesn't matter. It's good they're buffing the wonders but some of those seem ridiculous and kind of over-powered. While it's cool they're implementing some cross game functionality between Starships and Beyond Earth it's kind of lame that it's tied to a new 2K account system of some sort and there's a new biome type for BE, a game one could argue is lacking in substantive content, tied to buying Starships, creating an account and using this system. It would have been more interesting if they came up with Paradox levels of inter-connectivity between Civ V and Beyond Earth. Like achieveing a science victory in Civ V BNW would inform your start in BE to some degree. Either way, I'll re-install Beyond Earth and give the latest patch another go. I want to like this game, I really do.

I kind of hope that Firaxis poach Endless Legends combat system and approach to factions and subfaction if they do make an expansion for Beyond Earth. I think Endless Legends combat system would solve so many problems that so many people have with Civ V and Civ IV's combat systems. Like you could bring back stacks of doom by just using auto-resolve but still retain granular control over individual military units on a dynamic field of combat. Also the A.I. would have an easier time of using armies if you brought back the stack of doom versus its fumbling with one unit per tile.

Also it would be nice if there were twice as many factions with distinct styles of play. And make the sub-factions more than just trade routes with bonuses, have them grant empire wide bonuses and/or special units. Make them matter. Make attacking them a diplomatic penalty.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Seems that the Winter Update is now live. If Firaxis had updated Beyond Earth before Cities: Skylines was released, then I may have had a chance to check the changes out.
lol seriously. Cities Skylines is my jam right now.

Yeah, big props to you on keeping tabs on this one. I need to come back and see if there is a way to play at a reasonable challenging difficulty-most of the balance changes from the patch before this I was already playing with via mods and it wasn't that hard.

Honestly the game needs some roto-rooting Firaxis xpac style, which I expect to hear about sometime in the spring alongside (hopefully) a glimpse of the next XCOM game.

I agree, this game needs a bit more work. It's got potential, but it's still lacking a lot of polish. I can't wait for more XCOM. Jake Solomon really did a bang up job on that one.

Anyone else here picked up Starships? It's a fun little title, though a tad simplistic. Also, carriers (ships with lots of fighter modules) are thoroughly OP, but I suppose that's just realistic :p

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Anyone else here picked up Starships? It's a fun little title, though a tad simplistic. Also, carriers (ships with lots of fighter modules) are thoroughly OP, but I suppose that's just realistic :p

I bought it to support firaxis, but I'm probably not going to play it for a while, since Cities Skylines is too godlike at the moment.

The automated trade routes in the winter patch make a huge difference but it's still sub-optimal compared to how trade routes are handled in Brave New World. I don't understand why the number of active and possible trade routes isn't in the U.I. like it is in Brave New World. It's so simple and conveys all of the information you need without having to dig into a sub-menu.

Gripes aside, Beyond Earth is no longer Trade Route Simulator 2014, now the things I'm most actively doing is making units and buildings and managing the espionage system. It's not quite there but it's a step in the right direction.

Jag

I kind of hope that Firaxis poach Endless Legends combat system and approach to factions and subfaction if they do make an expansion for Beyond Earth. I think Endless Legends combat system would solve so many problems that so many people have with Civ V and Civ IV's combat systems. Like you could bring back stacks of doom by just using auto-resolve but still retain granular control over individual military units on a dynamic field of combat. Also the A.I. would have an easier time of using armies if you brought back the stack of doom versus its fumbling with one unit per tile.

Since you brought up Endless Legends, I bought both BE and EL and haven't played either. I'm a Civ vet, but new to the Endless Legend style. I have time to start one of them, I assume EL is probably better than BE at this point?

I'd say give Endless Legend a shot first since it's a good game that's getting better. Endless Legend does a lot of really interesting things with unique factions with distinct playstyles, varied and interesting sub-factions that provide different units and empire wide bonuses when integrated into your empire, its quest system is so much better than Beyond Earth's it's not even funny, and its combat system will appeal to fans of both Civ IV and Civ V. Stacks of Doom auto-resolve and granular, one unit per tile control on a dynamic battlefield in one solution. The world map is divided up into territories and you can only settle one city in a territory, it's not the standard 4 tiles away. Endless Legend makes the standard thing of settling a new city a new challenge to think about. The tech web is divided into eras. There are so many things that Firaxis should consider straight up lifting.

What you might find off-putting is the military upgrade system. It requires a lot more micro-management of unit types equipment which are tied to expendable resources and have multiple tiers. You get the base version of a unit then create your own version of that unit, which you can name, with different upgraded gear. It's much more busy than Civ V's elegantly simple upgrade system where you pop a unit into your territory, click upgrade and that's it. You have an entirely improved unit. Like you don't have to create a new class, a pikeman just transitions into a lancer once you've researched the appropriate tech and have the right resources. They have a similar upgrade system, with its own screen filling sub-menu to dig through, in Endless Space.

I'd wait to give Beyond Earth a shot until after its 2.0 patch is released. It is better now with the winter update because the trade route system is automated and the wonders are a little more meaningful but the building quest system is still terrible, diplomacy is non-existent, there's no research agreements, no equivalent of the world congress, no faction alliances, Beyond Earth is more basic than Civ V vanilla in so many ways. The affinities take too long to have an interesting affect, health is still too much of a constraint early game (no health resources to pop to counter early expansion) and meaningless late game and minor-powers are annoying because they usually appear where you want to settle a city, they can be over-powered with certain policy choices and there's no political consequences if they get attacked or destroyed. There's no diplomatic action you can take to protect a minor power like you could an important city state, all you can do is declare war. The espionage system is amazing and I hope something similar is populated in mainline Civ games and expansions moving forward but that's about the only thing I'd argue Beyond Earth does well right now.

So the automated trade route change in the Winter 2015 update is just going from one extreme to the other. Before the most consistent thing you would be doing while playing Beyond Earth was constantly juggling trade routes, now trade routes are literally fire and forget. Unless you dig through to the hidden trade route sub-menu and view your current and available trade routes, the game will auto-renew your existing trade route until it's destroyed or you bother to change it. They had a great trade route system in Civ V and it feels like they came up with something different simply to avoid a direct comparison to Civ V. Why do I have to dig through a hidden sub-menu to access this information in Beyond Earth when it's in the main U.I. in Civ V.

It is better in that you're not constantly juggling trade routes, you're spending more time doing more interesting things, but if you don't pay attention or know where to look, your economy could start to tank because of the shifting values of trade routes over the course of a game.

injurai

Banned

I really don't understand why that wasn't made instead as an Expansion to beyond earth...

Given how Firaxis' expansions for Civ V and Xcom are more like board game expansions that add new pieces, system, rules and what not, I don't really follow the complaint that Starships should have been a Beyond Earth expansion. If anything I just wish they put a bit more effort into the PC port. I would've gladly paid a bit more if it had a few more bells and whistles.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Given how Firaxis' expansions for Civ V and Xcom are more like board game expansions that add new pieces, system, rules and what not, I don't really follow the complaint that Starships should have been a Beyond Earth expansion. If anything I just wish they put a bit more effort into the PC port. I would've gladly paid a bit more if it had a few more bells and whistles.

I hear they're working really hard on a 2.0 version of the game, so I'm still looking forward to future content.

I kinda think we've already got half of the substantive changes with the wonder pass and trade route system re-work. The only things mentioned that are left to be tweaked are "improving diplomacy", which is a pretty broad statement, and adding in more flavour text for the factions. Although it weirdly sounds like those two things are kind of the same in the minds of David McDonough and Will Miller going by what was quoted in the Polygon article.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/03/12/big-2-0-update-to-fix-conservative-civ-beyond-earth/

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/12/81...earth-patch-creators-fixing-mistakes-gdc-2015

The trade route rework makes Beyond Earth significantly less annoying to play but it's still kind of suboptimal. For example Minor Powers need to be reworked. They still spawn in places where you would like to settle a city, there's no political consequence for wiping them out and no political means to stop someone from attacking a useful trade partner. You just wall up a Minor Power with your units to prevent it from being destroyed or declare war. It just seems they made Minor Powers different from City States for the sake of being different from Civ V. That's a complaint I'd lobby at a lot of systems in Beyond Earth.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I kinda think we've already got half of the substantive changes with the wonder pass and trade route system re-work. The only things mentioned that are left to be tweaked are "improving diplomacy", which is a pretty broad statement, and adding in more flavour text for the factions. Although it weirdly sounds like those two things are kind of the same in the minds of David McDonough and Will Miller going by what was quoted in the Polygon article.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/03/12/big-2-0-update-to-fix-conservative-civ-beyond-earth/

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/12/81...earth-patch-creators-fixing-mistakes-gdc-2015

The trade route rework makes Beyond Earth significantly less annoying to play but it's still kind of suboptimal. For example Minor Powers need to be reworked. They still spawn in places where you would like to settle a city, there's no political consequence for wiping them out and no political means to stop someone from attacking a useful trade partner. You just wall up a Minor Power with your units to prevent it from being destroyed or declare war. It just seems they made Minor Powers different from City States for the sake of being different from Civ V. That's a complaint I'd lobby at a lot of systems in Beyond Earth.
Agreed.

Maledict

I think the game needs more than diplomacy and faction flavour - although they are very important.

The alien presence in the game is woefully underdeveloped, and the opposite of what it should be - they start off strong, and get weaker against you each passing turn. They need to have some sort of "ramp u" function, the same way Warlocks or Alpha Centauri did, because otherwise by the mid game you just laugh at them and they become meaningless. That invalidates a heck of a lot of the background lore for the game when the aliens are meaningless...

The quest system for buildings is still awful, with a tendency to be very badly balanced.

There needs to be a lot more map types - for an alien world, it's sure drab and boring.

The 2.0 update isn't going to fix Beyond Earth, just make it a little more fun to play...hopefully, maybe.

Totally agree with the aliens, on land they're done by mid-game and all that's left for mid-to-late game are the krakens and sea dragons. There's so much that's done wrong with the aliens, there's not enough variety, there should be more units and different kinds for different biomes, they should also react to the affinities differently. I'm so sick of wiping aliens out when I am Harmony. According to the lore Purity is totally hostile to the xenos, Supremacy harvests them and Harmony co-exists...only you don't harvest or co-exist. No matter what affinity you are, you wipe the aliens out. You have to, otherwise they attack your trade routes, units, siege tiles and are just a pain in the ass no matter what.

The building quest system is so awful there's literally never any choice, there's only one good option. I don't even think about the quests when they pop up, I just lock in to my usual choices and only very rarely do I ever stop and think and choose something different. But these things or the biome variety aren't going to be addressed until there's a major expansion in all likelyhood.

Beat the game on Soyuz finally. 3 city Transcendence victory with Franco-Iberia going all in on the science policy track (or whatever the BE term is). Did it in 336 turns and while it felt super late, I was beating the A.I. to the mind flower by a good 50 turns. Harmony is a pretty powerful affinity for small empires, you get a lot of bonuses for lone units in miasma. You don't need to have a large army or empire to complete the victory. I was lucky with my terrain though, had a lot of canyons and mountains surrounding my starting area. Land armies could only enter through 3 choke points.

I've just got 3 achievements left. Win on Apollo, Buy 1000 tiles and win a multiplayer game. Probably won't get the last two (I have 520 tiles left to buy and I don't play multiplayer and am probably awful at it) but I will go for the Apollo run. Probably do another Harmony run because it's the easiest Wonder victory to achieve.

Apollo is retarded. I hate Civ V's idea of difficulty because it means playing against A.I. that are playing the game on Settler, not the same penalties as the player. The A.I. literally excretes out a city every few turns, doesn't have to develop tiles, doesn't matter if cities overlap each others tiles, seems to have no production times, no maintenance, high unit caps, massive armies, reduced research costs despite having an empire that resembles a series of cancerous polyps more than an empire.

At turn 217 the A.I. is popping out the Mind Flower. Even with grinding hard towards only the necessary technologies needed for my victory condition with a science focused small empire, I cannot compete with that. I never really liked playing Deity, I beat it once after multiple attempts and never went back. I don't know if I like Beyond Earth enough to beat it on more than Soyuz.

Bregor

Apollo is retarded. I hate Civ V's idea of difficulty because it means playing against A.I. that are playing the game on Settler, not the same penalties as the player. The A.I. literally excretes out a city every few turns, doesn't have to develop tiles, doesn't matter if cities overlap each others tiles, seems to have no production times, no maintenance, high unit caps, massive armies, reduced research costs despite having an empire that resembles a series of cancerous polyps more than an empire.

At turn 217 the A.I. is popping out the Mind Flower. Even with grinding hard towards only the necessary technologies needed for my victory condition with a science focused small empire, I cannot compete with that. I never really liked playing Deity, I beat it once after multiple attempts and never went back. I don't know if I like Beyond Earth enough to beat it on more than Soyuz.

Essentially every 4x game is this way though. AI strong enough to challenge humans without cheating doesn't exist.

Hopefully 2.0 will fix the frame rate. Still playing at 18-30 on my desktop where my laptop does 58-60 (actually 30-60 because of vsync damnit)

Ever played Gal Civ 2?

From everything I can find, the AI in GC2 still gets huge bonuses at higher difficulty levels. 4X games are simply too complicated to write a truly challenging AI for given our current knowledge and technology. Gal Civ 2 may be better, but every 4X AI cheats at the higher levels.

From everything I can find, the AI in GC2 still gets huge bonuses at higher difficulty levels. 4X games are simply too complicated to write a truly challenging AI for given our current knowledge and technology. Gal Civ 2 may be better, but every 4X AI cheats at the higher levels.

It starts cheating at the higher levels, but it becomes "challenging" before that, I'd say.

Essentially every 4x game is this way though. AI strong enough to challenge humans without cheating doesn't exist.

I think that in some ways Apollo is worse than Deity because of the research bonuses the A.I. gets means it gets Affinity points and tier upgrades at an absurd pace. The units don't even need to be in their territory to get upgraded. At least in Civ V you have to have the unit in your territory and it costs a small fee to upgrade the unit but in Beyond Earth you just need to research tech. Also in Civ V, or any of its expansions, I've never had the A.I. pop a science victory in 200 turns. I'll admit I'm not the greatest player, I mean Deity runs are an infrequent challenge I tackle. They're usually accomplished through great difficulty and multiple attempts. Then I drop the game back down to Emperor for a good long while.

I found an old cheese strat that involved The Slavic Federations old free tech bonus, based around Purity and rushing Servomachinery to get Battlesuits. The free tech bonus no longer applies but I am trying the Purity/Battlesuit strat on a skirmish map. Seems to be working but it took me 30 turns more without the old free tech bonus.

I gotta admit, when the expansion pack first suggested water cities I initially thought that it would be underwater Rapture style cities and the floating rig cities they have created are not quite as exciting. That said I still fairly enjoyed Beyond Earth despite its flaws and I look forward to seeing what they are gonna do with it.

Maledict

Cool. I played one game of BE on release day and didn't really like it, but knowing my dumb ass I'll probably day one this, too.

If it's anything like the jump from Vanilla > G&K we could be in for a treat.

So the big patch to reshap the game has vanished and is now an expansion I presume?

I have to say, really dissapointed with this. The base game is still inadequate in a huge number of ways, and unlike Vanilla Civ 5 they havent put anywhere near the appropriate length of time into fixing it before announcing the expansion.

Beyond Earth was easily the biggest dissapointment of last year, and announcing an expansion without addressing the really fundamental flaws in the game is extremely frustrating and reminds me not to buy Firaxis games again.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I think accommodating hybrid affinities might have been a mistake. It unfocuses the gameplay too much, and misses an opportunity to incorporate the cool ideology/religion system from CivV into BE. I could be wrong, though.

Bregor

So the big patch to reshap the game has vanished and is now an expansion I presume?

I have to say, really dissapointed with this. The base game is still inadequate in a huge number of ways, and unlike Vanilla Civ 5 they havent put anywhere near the appropriate length of time into fixing it before announcing the expansion.

Beyond Earth was easily the biggest dissapointment of last year, and announcing an expansion without addressing the really fundamental flaws in the game is extremely frustrating and reminds me not to buy Firaxis games again.

Expansions in Civ have always been accompanied with patches that update the base systems to match any changes in the expansion.

Maledict

Expansions in Civ have always been accompanied with patches that update the base systems to match any changes in the expansion.

Base civ games have never been left is such an atrocious state that BE is. It's a flawed, poor product from start to finish and Firaxis have put in a pathetic amount of work to fix it, and announcing an expansion already really does feel like a kick in the teeth.

The fundamental game does not work, it still has a huge amount of flaws, and instead of addressing those we get an expansion.

Base civ games have never been left is such an atrocious state that BE is. It's a flawed, poor product from start to finish and Firaxis have put in a pathetic amount of work to fix it, and announcing an expansion already really does feel like a kick in the teeth.

The fundamental game does not work, it still has a huge amount of flaws, and instead of addressing those we get an expansion.

With Civ expansions and their accompanying patches usually iron out flaws. I'm glad they are sticking with it vs abandoning the idea.

Bregor

With Civ expansions and their accompanying patches usually iron out flaws. I'm glad they are sticking with it vs abandoning the idea.

Time will tell. The ocean cities may be interesting but will be ultimately useless if changes to the base systems don't address some of the underlying flaws of the game. We have precious little information at this point.

TeddyBoy

I've put around 50 hours into Beyond Earth and I put around 100 hours into the base game of Civilisation 5.

From that alone you could say I enjoyed Beyond Earth half as much as Civ 5 but that's definitely not the case.

I spent about 15 of those hours in BE playing as Nod in a modded game just because it felt like there was nothing to do in the main game (I feel like we don't talk about how lacking in content BE was, eight factions is a joke even if they are more developed compared to those in Civ 5).

In BE the three victory conditions feel far too similar, in Civ 5 you actually played differently depending on how you wanted to win.

I'm definitely waiting for GAF impressions before I buy the expansions compared to the launch week purchases of Civ 5 expansions and BE base game.

I think the patch they released earlier this year--automating trade routes and the wonder pass--did improve the base game to make it more enjoyable. I mean the building quests are still flawed (almost only one choice with a few rare exceptions), diplomacy is worse than Civ V vanilla, Minor Powers are annoying but extremely powerful versions of City-States but the automation of the trade route system shifted the focus from managing trade route spam the entire game to the espionage system, which is Beyond Earth's best mechanic.

The wonder pass changed the function of some of the wonders but also tied almost all of the wonders to strategic resources (geothermal, firaxite, floatstone and xenomass). Tying the wonders to strategic resources means that the AI Civ can't just out-spam you due to their research and production bonuses on the higher difficulties. Before the A.I. can spread cities like cancerous polyps across the world map and gain every resource you have a chance at nabbing specific wonders in the first 200 (Apollo) -300 (Soyuz) turns. It also makes selling off excess strategic resources for science or energy a dice-ier thing to do. If you're the only Civ with immediate access to Firaxite or Xenomass, then you can build the Memetwork (drop all Affinity requirements for units, buildings and wonders by 1) or Promethean (city no longer produces unhealth), which is huge on Soyuz and Apollo.

Rising Tide actually sounds pretty awesome. Making potentially all sea tiles work-able and settle-able sounds huge for a Civ game. The entire map becomes something you can exploit, even if your land start might be awful, the sea might yield the resources you need. The sea will no longer limit you. You can also settle some aggressive settlements off of the borders of colonies you want to conquer. It could make for some interesting warmongering.

Improving the diplomacy is something Beyond Earth desperately needs, I hope that there's something similar to the World Congress at the start of the game. The world starts off trying to cooperate but gradually fractures as the Affinities appear. I would've liked Affinity Councils after the World Congress but Mixed Affinities kind of muddy those waters. I hope there are diplomatic options for dealing with Minor Powers that's similar to City-States. Even if there aren't diplomatic options It would be nice if you could gradually absorb them into your border if they're on it. Integrating Stet Mining Facility into my colony sounds amazing. They could even steal how Endless Legend incorporates Minor Factions into your empire. That said I'm still waiting for FIraxis to steal Casus Belli from Paradox's games.

More factions is both obvious and fantastic to hear about. I hope they make the existing and new factions more fun to play as by giving them unique units and/or buildings that inform their Civ bonuses and playstyles. Also the generic units should be colored for the faction they're part of. Brasilia should be space Attila. They should have some powerful early game military or siege unit. The PAC is space Egypt, they should have some sort of building that boosts production like Egypt getting marble. I am happy to read that there will be more units and aliens overall though. That hybrid Affinities will also get special units. I hope the Affinity playstyles are a little more defined.

Still 4 more factions means that standard or massive games won't always feature the same Civs and that will make the game a hell of a lot more interesting overall.

TeddyBoy said:
I feel like we don't talk about how lacking in content BE was, eight factions is a joke even if they are more developed compared to those in Civ 5.

Oh, I agree. Civ V vanilla had twice as many factions with more defined playstyles which made playing through the game more fun. There was more variety with who would be in each match and a number of playstyles due to Civ bonuses. Beyond Earth boils down to chasing Affinity levels through research and building a wonder. No petrolium or titanium? Well you're going Harmony. You have petrolium and titanium but no Floatstone or Firaxite? Probably going Purity because excess titanium means Battlesuit. Have Floatstone or Firaxite, probably a coin-toss.

I remember horsing around with hover units a lot in CivBE and wishing that hover units would exist in Civ5.

I haven't played in awhile so my knowledge is probably out of date, but I really dislike that affinities were tied more heavily to science than your interactions with the environment and other players.

Rising Tide doesn't sound like it'll really address the "science is king" thing that most Civ games have, but being able to build out at sea will hopefully lead to more interesting naval combat as well.

So this wont be free to BE owners already will it? There are not enough words to describe how horrible BE was.

Yes there are: it was pretty bad.

Let's not go crazy now, that more or less covers it. It's not like the game went around breaking people's kneecaps and eating their dogs.

Has everyone tried the Winter 2015 update to Beyond Earth? They have been patching Beyond Earth and Dave McDonough stated in this PR interview/announcement...

http://www.twitch.tv/firaxisgames/v/5178586

That they would back-port as many of the improvements as they could that aren't core features of the new expansion. Which is on par with what Paradox does for Europa Universalis.

Just beat the game on Apollo for the first time, now I only have two achievements left to get in Beyond Earth. Rules of Acquisition (buy 1000 tiles, 3/4 done that) and win a multiplayer game (which I will probably never do). Ended up doing a two city Contact victory rush with the PAC, investing fully in the Industry Virtue track (3rd tier) and going Harmony, won in just over 300 turns. The 300 turns thing is kinda long for an Apollo game. Usually you start to see victory progress by turn 200.

It was on a small map against one A.I., I lucked out and had Progenitor ruins right nearby. I'm surprised the game went for 300 turns before the A.I. started making progress towards a victory wonder but Kavitha probably burned well over 100 turns trying to take my capital city. In part it was because I had hills and a mountain that made it painful to even try to siege. Also the A.I. is pretty terrible with one unit per tile. Harmony also have some really great bonuses for their military units, both defensive and offensive. that are great for small armies.

I was pretty laser focused on getting Affinity points after unlocking the contact victory conditions, projects and wonders but still fell behind by a solid 4 Affinity levels at one point. Luckily that was during the brief period of peace because even if the A.I. is awful at 1UPT, the Affinity tiers can make a huge difference in overall unit power.

I could've gotten the research done faster with the Knowledge but then powering the device would've been difficult alongside funding a war and an army large enough I ended up exceeding my unit cap. maybe Polystalia with Knowledge would be worth trying out.

Top Bottom