• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships 2012 at [WIMBLEDON]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolan.

Uhm, well wow... I thought he looked menacing in the first set then I tune in to see this match still going (I assumed Nadal would have won) wow

Nadal looked out of shape in both his matches, Rosol was absolutely amazing though, those last two service games especially, brilliant match from him.

Clegg

482184-bigthumbnail.jpg

Bigfoot

Söderlind beating Nadal at the French (although higher ranked, later stage and Nadal injured)
Nadal didn't lose that match because he was "injured". He beat Hewitt like 6-1,6-1,6-1 a couple days before that lose so Nadal was fine. He lost because Soderling played like Rosol played today... fearless tennis and everything in to the corners.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Too bad this dude's probably going to lose to Kohlschreiber next.

Nadal didn't lose that match because he was "injured". He beat Hewitt like 6-1,6-1,6-1 a couple days before that lose so Nadal was fine. He lost because Soderling played like Rosol played today... fearless tennis and everything in to the corners.

Did you even watch that match? Nadal was not well. He didn't miss Wimbledon after that just for laughs.

MIMIC

Banned
This was karma for the delay at the French.

The delay hurt Djoker (after an 8-game winning streak), and now it comes back to hurt Nadal (after dominating the 4th). ^_^

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter

I agree, just heading off the usual complaints! ;)

Still, an injured Nadal is more than a match for most at Roland Garros. Söderlind player amazing.

Utterly amazing. He completely deserved that win, and it's not going to be something he will ever forget, no matter what the outcome of his next match.

I should have watched this over the football. Goddamnit for expecting Nadal to just cruise through the rounds.

Bigfoot

Too bad this dude's probably going to lose to Kohlschreiber next.

Did you even watch that match? Nadal was not well. He didn't miss Wimbledon after that just for laughs.

Yes, I watched it. Watch it again and check it out on Youtube Rafa was playing all out that match, but Soderling was on that day. Sure, Rafa had knee pain that year and took some time off after the loss, but he didn't lose to Soderling for that reason.

now federer only needs to hope that someone does this to djoker. i always said that this happening is his chance even if he is well in to his 30s.

Speevy

Banned
Anything short of a little girl running onto the court and beating Djokovic in straight sets will pale in comparison to what Rosol just did.

Yes, I watched it. Watch it again and check it out on Youtube Rafa was playing all out that match, but Soderling was on that day. Sure, Rafa had knee pain that year and took some time off after the loss, but he didn't lose to Soderling for that reason.

and soderling went to the finals. so it wasn't him just playing well on that day. he backed it up next year. this wasn't a fluke win.

Wes

venison crêpe
The only one I can think of in the same bracket is Dokic beating Hingis in the first round in 1999.

Krajicek beating Sampras. Soderling over Nadal at Roland Garros. Not many more come immediately to mind in the Mens for sure.

Smellycat

I can't believe what I just watched. Rosol was unbelievable!!!! What a performance. I only caught most of the last set, and he was really clutch.

Murray must be very happy with this result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom